First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I think I am almost happy with the truck. What am I forgetting?!?!!? Must be something else I "need". I don’t do off-roading and will only be hauling a project car from time to time to the track (small car).

What it has now: XLT stock options with remote start from the factory (only from Ford). Swing case to solve the missing storage issue. Mat for the bed to protect it and my knees. Better headlight bulbs in everything to include the fogs. Damper (for the little kids of course)

Soon: Aftermarket receiver, spray in liner, 5100s for handling/lessen the rake a bit - but not remove it, 265/70/17 Firestones when the stockers go to fill in the wheel gap and help the 5100s improve the ride/traction, and ... ??? what must have am I overlooking for what I am doing with this truck?

Future: I really liked the drilled/slotted rotors even during daily driving on my last ride. Especially in the rain. Going with Power Stops setup once the stockers are cooked.

Not Doing: Going to stay away from an aftermarket tune now that I am builing a turbo'd project car/got the extended warranty on the Ranger, no lift, and no need for overlanding gear.

Now that is settled down I have no issues with the trans; just hit tow mode when in traffic or S when I want to haul ass. Really happy with the motor/stock power and mpg now that it has broken in and is beating EPA estimates.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think doing it slowly helps you see what works and what doesn't so take it slow like you are and you'll continue to be happy with it. Just don't say you're done, you never are if you're on here. ?

Even after all these years I still find a few things I "need" for mine. Adding the Eibach suspension really made a huge difference and I wish I did this from the start instead of the RC level kit. But overall I'm happy with everything and even stock it was one of the best trucks I've ever owned.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I think developing a mod plan is essential to building your truck into YOUR truck.

Otherwise you run the risk of wasting money and time if you're just following the normal mod progression.

You say you're "almost happy," but it sounds to me as though you're there. Drive the shit out of her and decide IF you need to do anything after your planned brake upgrades.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Patrick,

It sounds like you have a good build in place already - all you need now is some open road and a pair of Ray Bans.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Hahaha...nice , on a side note , just reached the bottom of me whiskey and weed rainbow ride and the pot of gold touchdown was nice ? Swedish bikini team was there to welcome me...still though , not quite there yet ...

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Sounds like a good plan, but you forgot the obligatory comment about damper/no damper. To be a respected member of this forum, you have to choose a side so we know where you stand.

Edit : I missed your comment on the damper, now we know where you stand.

The lengths people go for Gay pride month!

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I think I am almost happy with the truck. What am I forgetting?!?!!? Must be something else I "need". I don’t do off-roading and will only be hauling a project car from time to time to the track (small car).

*snip*
It's hard to decide what you need for your truck until you see it on another Ranger.

You'll eventually find a post with a cool accessory that'll spark your interest. That's how it is with me. Found most of my items here in this forum.

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Thanks for the input and the goofy shit. I'll stick with the current plan and then my attention to my weird little project.

Reactions: Doc

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Throw in a tonno cover and you should be golden. Your plan mirrors my build plan. Before I got the truck I had way more plans but now that I have it several things have been cut from the list of mods.

Reactions: Doc

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I'm totally stock and happy as a pig in shit. I've been hanging around here for awhile, admiring others' mods and upgrades. I plan on taking it slow too, wanting to upgrade my rear shocks first. Suppose I'll have to get that damned damper. After asking around about tunes, I probably won't do that, my truck seems fast enough for my needs. Have to admit I'm curious though about additional power. Don't want to compromise longevity though others have mentioned it shouldn't be a problem. But S mode pretty much satisfies me.
Let us know how you do.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I'm totally stock and happy as a pig in shit. I've been hanging around here for awhile, admiring others' mods and upgrades. I plan on taking it slow too, wanting to upgrade my rear shocks first. Suppose I'll have to get that damned damper. After asking around about tunes, I probably won't do that, my truck seems fast enough for my needs. Have to admit I'm curious though about additional power. Don't want to compromise longevity though others have mentioned it shouldn't be a problem. But S mode pretty much satisfies me.
Let us know how you do.
The rear shocks is a great place to start, I did that, front mud flaps because off road will throw gravel to chip paint plus mud on the running boards and a tonneau.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know how you do.
That damned damper will definitely compromise longevity. :LOL: :like:
Sponsored