First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Canadian Thanksgiving is this Sunday, so happy Gobble Gobble to all!!! I just picked-up a 23.6 lb, free range, grass and grain feed fresh turkey from a local farmer. I'd post in the "what did you do with your Ranger today" but I never think of taking pictures like that, until I get home and plug in.

~28.5 hours and counting.
Sponsored

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
Canadian Thanksgiving is this Sunday, so happy Gobble Gobble to all!!! I just picked-up a 23.6 lb, free range, grass and grain feed fresh turkey from a local farmer. I'd post in the "what did you do with your Ranger today" but I never think of taking pictures like that, until I get home and plug in.
~28.5 hours and counting.
Is the turkey a Thanksgiving thing in Canada?

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Happy Thanksgiving.

Having moved from the US to Canada 20+ years ago, I still celebrate both Thanksgivings. The traditional meal is… there is none. We choose as a family and make sure we have all the fixins. I make sure there is a pumpkin pie at one of the meals.

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Is the turkey a Thanksgiving thing in Canada?
Thanksgiving has always been turkey in my families, but not everyone up here does. Lots of Ham too. Personally turkey is my favorite meal, I could do it every weekend.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Jay. Enjoy the great grubbing time ?

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
Thanksgiving has always been turkey in my families, but not everyone up here does. Lots of Ham too. Personally turkey is my favorite meal, I could do it every weekend.
Thanks1 I was curious as my brother is Canadian (lives in BC) and he had never mentioned the turkey thing but, then again, I had never asked. :cool:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Our big box hardware store skipped Halloween, Thanksgiving and went straight to Christmas...

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Thanksgiving.

Having moved from the US to Canada 20+ years ago, I still celebrate both Thanksgivings. The traditional meal is… there is none. We choose as a family and make sure we have all the fixins. I make sure there is a pumpkin pie at one of the meals.
We switch up the meal as well Dan - this year it’s leg of lamb in the smoker.

It seems Jay, like you, is trying to celebrate two Thanksgivings. Except, he’s trying to do it in the same long weekend.

I’ll bet he’s celebrating turkey day at his place on Sunday so he can have another big turkey feast on Monday, the official Canadian Thanksgiving Day holiday.

In my area, we call these Turkey Vultures - you too?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

It seems Jay, like you, is trying to celebrate two Thanksgivings. Except, he’s trying to do it in the same long weekend.

I’ll bet he’s celebrating turkey day at his place on Sunday so he can have another big turkey feast on Monday, the official Canadian Thanksgiving Day holiday.

Please show us a photo of that beautiful leg of lamb after it's done! Every other Canadian should follow suit and post their lovely meals when done. Would be awesome to see a taste of Canadian culture, albeit, slightly similar to our Thanksgiving.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Please show us a photo of that beautiful leg of lamb after it's done! Every other Canadian should follow suit and post their lovely meals when done. Would be awesome to see a taste of Canadian culture, albeit, slightly similar to our Thanksgiving.
It’s a bit small but enough for our dinner trio - myself, my wife and my mom.

I’ll see if I can get a buffalo check jacket, a touque, some maple syrup, poutine, a sugar pie, ketchup chips, a Chevy Beaumont, some smoked salmon, a bottle of Screetch, a hockey stick, an NBA Championship team, and a Canadarm all in one picture - then, you’ll have a snapshot of Canadian Culture.

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Tomorrow with mom there are 6 of us, and none of them like left overs. I'll take all the left overs with me, and have turkey every day until it's gone.

Sunday with dad's family is normally over 100 people and a hall rental. There will be many turkeys, beef, ham, salt beef, etc. but I'm not a big fan of their turkey, so I get all the other stuff Sunday. There will be enough food for the dinner and everyone takes a full take-out tray or two. Then we bring the rest to a shelter and donate it.

American Thanksgiving I go to my uncle's in Lewiston New York most years, but with Covid, we've been doing it at his daughter's house on this side of the border. Always Turkey.

Christmas is Mom's on one day and Dad's on the next, so again double turkey. Four to five turkey dinners for me in Oct, Nov & December. :)

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
It’s a bit small but enough for our dinner trio - myself, my wife and my mom.

I’ll see if I can get a buffalo check jacket, a touque, some maple syrup, poutine, a sugar pie, ketchup chips, a Chevy Beaumont, some smoked salmon, a bottle of Screetch, a hockey stick, an NBA Championship team, and a Canadarm all in one picture - then, you’ll have a snapshot of Canadian Culture.
It will still be a lovely sight to see Duke.

Hah, that definitely sounds like a Canadian Thanksgiving with all those little bits, "a hockey stick" :crackup:
Sponsored