First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
Was out and about last night and got a little bit wild with some friends and other trucks(safe, open roads, no other people around!)...
Had the Ranger at WOT multiple times, multiple attempted burn outs ect. I’m glad to report it handled it very well, temps didn’t even get too high! To get it to spin the wheels good I had to put it in sport and apply breaks and gas at the same time btw. Have a great rest of the weekend and have some fun out there!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SilverSlugger

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Baking
can you post your VIN
you know, to save the next potential owner the hassle when you put it up for sale down the road when it starts making weird noises
can you post your VIN
you know, to save the next potential owner the hassle when you put it up for sale down the road when it starts making weird noises

I’ll make sure to say “Light driven, mall hopper” just for you ;)

OP
OP
SilverSlugger

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Baking
thats the first clue its been trashed.
just be honest. if you want to have fun, you pay to play.
its ignorant and fraudulent to pass on your trash to another person without them being fully aware.
FFS man take a joke. Have a good rest of the day.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
JMO.
But if you post stuff thats easy to ridicule, dont be surprised when folks actually ridicule you! :facepalm:

Sounds like you had fun, I used to do stuff like that too...when I was 16 and drove a $450 '76 Chevy Malibu primer-mobile..

Kinda like this one, we called it the "RAT" I was working in a body shop after school at the time and had access to a junk yard, lots of free used tires to burn up and as a joke the older guys helped me fill the bumpers with cement and welded I beams so they would not move in-ward, jammed some truck springs/shocks on it and went garbage-canning on trash day. Many streets looked like airplane wreckage after me and my crew were done blowing down the street..

THEN I grew the F-up and realized that you cant act like a fool all your life.

1616952946678.png

One hard lesson I recall was we kept f-ing with this one guy, I cant remember why. But we kept nailing his cans, this was back when everyone was using metal cans. Well he finally figured out he'd clean our clock and put one can out farther then the rest, unbeknownst to us filled with bricks. Like a bull we were a block away, like 1a.m. lights off and charged that one at like 40mph. We were not expecting the noise like two freight trains colliding on an otherwise cemetery quiet street. It took us a moment to realize we were had, badly. This pissed off dude came running out of his house swinging a bat, pipe bender or something like a crazy person.
We got the hell outta there and never returned, that might have been the final trash can event if my memory is right.

Not proud of that time in my life, I was grossly un-supervised and had a ton of home/personal issues that made me angry and reckless. At 17 I went to work for the Colonel and my life changed, at 19 I met my girl who I'm still with and enlisted as an SP in the USAF. I'm 52 now.

We all grow up in different ways, at different times and with the help of special people who luckily come into our lives when we need them most.

..that's my Sunday Sermon.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Show some cajones. Neutral drop for the win.
In the day you could have it in neutral with the throttle hammered and drop the lever into D. Or another fool I knew who threw it into R while on the freeway. It didn't go so well. Or another friend who decided to do a motorcycle burnout in another friends garage. He caught traction and slammed the washing machine. I heard the washing machine actually worked better after the incident.
O the shittake I've lived through in my youth.

Last edited:

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Lemme add my two cents.

OP - know your audience. Folks here work hard to keep things in good shape and while we all have done our share of stupid stuff (all of us - I guarantee it), we’re mainly past that. We think about how much tires cost, differential repair, etc.

The haters - we all gotta lighten up. There are better ways to convey the message than being pissy. Assuming someone is going to be fraudulent is a bit much. I’d hope they aren’t but gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. And if he trades it in, more than likely a person worth their salt doing the inspection will know if it is jacked up.

My opinion - if you value the hard work you put in to pay for your Ranger, you won’t try and tear it up. Snow and low friction surfaces are a lot different than pavement for doing stuff on. Not saying don’t play - just be smart about it.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
God! Guys on this forum are ridiculous!

Op have your fun man, some people don't know how to enjoy life and not have a stick up their ass! Don't listen to them! Tune it and go back and do it that will be a ball buster I'm sure you'll offend someone that time also hahaha

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
to the OP -

Brother, you do what you wanna do. Sure there are some on here that will give you stink-eye for messing up a good truck. Hell I'm generally one of 'em lol.

But with the responses I've seen...yeah I think some need to lighten up but also you need to work on making your skin a bit thicker. At my age (scaring the hell out of 50) I still leave work sometimes and my right foot makes a really cool noise with those rear tires....and can even get a 2nd gear scratch (yep...I did that lol).

JUST REMEMBER...tires and drive-line components aren't cheap! :D

MTCW
D
Sponsored