First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
those were not the words i said in moment. just mashed up my Abbs (5g ranger). Thank Jesus I didnt hit anyone else and im not hurt just annoyed and sad. Cant afford repairs right now i just took on some of my parents bills. i was going down fm 1709 outside fort worth, it was and still is raining. road was slick and i knew it was so i was going about 10 mph under the speed limit. people were zipping past like i was holding them up. its 6 lanes plus turn and medians so they can go around me if they dont like my speed. so anyways i decided to take a left turn so i hit my signal edged the wheel left a bit to move to the left lane and added a bit of speed, like a snizz hairs worth. next thing i knew the steering wheel was not seeming to turn how i expected and i saw the world go round and round twice with 8 rough bumps and then a sudden crunch and stop. after my "well s word" i looked out on the road where i was and my head lights showed that rainbow sheen of oil on the street. so thats where all my dang traction went... someone must have had a wreck and leaked it or spilled it on that spot. its a common intersection for wrecks. likely while i was at work today. the bumps were the tires going over the curb of the median and down into the grass and then the street and back up in the two spins. then the street signs and post i flattened were the crash noise. the intersections all have cameras in this area so i assume the city or state will mail me a bill for the damn signs i plowed over. basically every traction control, assist and terrain system as well as back up camera etc all lit up errors, fails and needs service. power steering is out also . front end of truck felt really heavy in steering. but i drove it off the median and to a parking lot about 100 feet away and got out with flash light and gave it look over to see damages. it looked generally safe to drive a short distance so i drove her home, was not far less than a mile. went nice and easy and all the warnings kept coming up about service this and that. too dark and wet to get under it and look but im expecting some front end damage, bent wheel or wheels, maybe some of the computer stuff as its flipping its lid, rear bumper and trim, brackets, mount and rear sensors, tail gate can be fixed by a decent body guy and the bed side can as well and then of course paint. im trying to decide if i should go check all the codes from the trucks computer or just lay in bed lol. ?
Sponsored

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Glad your ok. Truck can be fixed

Holy wall of text bruh

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
seems like a recent string of wrecks and smash ups of r5g trucks lately. who is next?

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Glad you're okay. Keep us posted on what you find tomorrow.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Oil is really bad on the road. Oil and water and you are just along for the ride.

I know the road you are talking about, I lived in Los Colinas for a time and drove it more than once. I think I have experienced hydroplaning more when I lived there than all the other driving I have done in my life. The rain drops are really big there. :)

The most important thing is only the truck is damaged.

Hang in there, luck does change.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Oil is really bad on the road. Oil and water and you are just along for the ride.

I know the road you are talking about, I lived in Los Colinas for a time and drove it more than once. I think I have experienced hydroplaning more when I lived there than all the other driving I have done in my life. The rain drops are really big there. :)

The most important thing is only the truck is damaged.

Hang in there, luck does change.
thank you, yes las colinas is not too far. same road runs all the way to 114 etc. i was definitely along for the ride, i tried to counter steer, took foot of the pedal and that was useless lol.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Glad you are okay. Truck limping home isn’t all bad either. Amazing how we get stunned in the moment and then details come back. And the dash cam doesn’t flinch…. Time to let the insurance company take over.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Wow Mark. I’m glad you weren’t damaged - too bad about your Ranger. Hopefully, it can be fixed quickly and it will soon be like it never happened. I’ve been spun around like that myself - you feel so helpless, because, well, you are. It’s good to hear you’re okay.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry about your accident Mark but at least you weren't injured. Hopefully it's not to bad once you can accesses all the damage today. Just use your insurance that's what it's there for and hopefully your Ranger will be good as new in no time!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Not sure about there but… If there was a previous accident that left debris or oil on the road and the local responders did not clean it up and it was the cause of your mishap I think you got a case there. They have to make roadways safe after incidents so things like this don’t happen. Glad to hear that you walked away!

NCRANGER

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Mark-

Glad you're OK...The truck can be fixed or replaced. It always shakes you up for a while when something like that happens. Insurance should cover it, hopefully the repairs go quickly. Hang in there!

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Glad you are OK, Mark!
Sponsored