Had both a Gladiator Rubicon and now a Ranger Tremor. My impressions.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
@AzScorpion

I have that kit installed raising the front of the seat 0.75". It kinda works but it also jacks up the angle of your legs, making the pedals harder to manipulate. I plan on uninstalling it or maybe putting it on the passenger seat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Looks like mine before a few mods?
BE40E2AF-037D-4D92-BA6E-E676CEEA3F16.jpeg
Looks good, however someone stole your red grill accents! Seriously, what type of steps did you put on? I got bit in the back of my leg by the stock Tremor steps. Those look like they are not out to injure you!

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Those are Go Rhino RB 20 raptor style boards.
Love them. Ain’t cheap but solid and installed myself. Tremor decal in the trash and red inserts in my toolbox. I have grey Tremor Decals but haven’t decided if I’ll put them on. I go nuts keeping the black truck clean but love the way it looks. Hope you enjoy yours. :rockon:

A5417E94-B27F-45A1-8A79-0849C7841A9F.jpeg

3EF9AD95-D760-439E-8DA5-3A0A1AA40E9B.jpeg

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Those are Go Rhino RB 20 raptor style boards.
Love them. Ain’t cheap but solid and installed myself. Tremor decal in the trash and red inserts in my toolbox. I have grey Tremor Decals but haven’t decided if I’ll put them on. I go nuts keeping the black truck clean but love the way it looks. Hope you enjoy yours. :rockon:

A5417E94-B27F-45A1-8A79-0849C7841A9F.jpeg

3EF9AD95-D760-439E-8DA5-3A0A1AA40E9B.jpeg
Thanks for the info. Are the Raptor style boards smooth or rough texture and do they stick out less? It looks like they do... Thanks again!!!

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
I'll give you the tire pressure. I forgot we were talking about a Tremor here.

However, the snapshot you see on the dash saying 29.1 is a very rough guesstimate given the current conditions. It's not a number to go by or "brag" about. It doesn't mean anything. You certainly can't, in good faith, say you get 28, or whatever, mpg highway because you see it a few times driving down the road.

The only way to get a real number for you driving your truck is to hand calculate over AT LEAST an entire tank. One you've done that you can begin to calibrate your truck to real world numbers. If you want to know your hwy mpg fill her up hit the highway and don't stop till she's empty, calculate from there.

Until then, you're just grasping at straws.
I did that on my STX FX4 with tremor-sized tires (no lift tho).... Locked cruise to 68 mph and averaged 26.3 MPG over a 520 mile run on my trip to Maryland last week...on my return trip loaded with wife, 2 kids and a 5x8 Uhaul and got 18.5 MPG locked at 66 mph.

Not the first time I've hit high MPGs with the Ranger. It is possible to do if one plans a route with least # of stop and go's (same around town) and maintain a steady speed

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I did that on my STX FX4 with tremor-sized tires (no lift tho).... Locked cruise to 68 mph and averaged 26.3 MPG over a 520 mile run on my trip to Maryland last week...on my return trip loaded with wife, 2 kids and a 5x8 Uhaul and got 18.5 MPG locked at 66 mph.

Not the first time I've hit high MPGs with the Ranger. It is possible to do if one plans a route with least # of stop and go's (same around town) and maintain a steady speed
For sure. My point was not that it's impossible to do, but rather that it's difficult to do.

Too many people get caught up in the MPG dick measuring contest and forget to be honest with themselves and others.

I'm sure that you don't claim to "get 26mpg." But many will just because they've seen it a couple of times with ideal conditions on a road trip.

I've seen as high as 24.6 for a tank in mine on E rated 33"s out here, but I don't claim that number. My odometer and mileage computer have been calibrated and match hand calculated numbers. I show 19.4 mpg accross trip 2 which has been running for about 9k miles without a setup change. When people ask what I get, that's the number they hear.

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. Are the Raptor style boards smooth or rough texture and do they stick out less? It looks like they do... Thanks again!!!
You can get smoother powder coat or textured like a bed liner. They have a few different styles. On the Rb20’s you can move in or out some on install depending on where you want them. With mine it is impossible to give me door dings as you would hit my boards before reaching the body of the truck…not an accident…a defensive install. :) I have short legs and do actually step on them to get in so I like them out some from the body. They also protect the bottom of the truck from flying rocks out of our tires.

Think they also have 2 different widths now as well. Check out the Go Rhino site.
Maybe some vendors here sell them. I bought from a local guy that did my bed liner at a small discount and installed myself. I have the smoother ones but they still have some texture to them.

If you search on here there are a bunch of threads concerning runnning boards with pics. Was very helpful for me to see them on our truck before buying.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
If you search on here there are a bunch of threads concerning runnning boards with pics. Was very helpful for me to see them on our truck before buying.

Hope this helps.
It sure does and thank you very much! I am trying to stop the back of the leg scars. See Pic!
IMG_2466.jpg

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I got about 18 to 20 MPG on the Gladiator. On the Ranger so far I get 23 to 26. Why your friend only gets 13 MPG is not usual, unless he has a big lift, big tires, or a 392 conversion etc.
There's a factory 392 option in the wrangler my brother in law has... It's a bit nutty for a wrangler...

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
There's a factory 392 option in the wrangler my brother in law has... It's a bit nutty for a wrangler...
I know about the 392 option and I couldn't afford the cost nor the gas to run it!!! I bet it would be a hoot to drive though! Are you able to borrow it now & then? :LOL:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
@Phil_R Congratulations on the Tremor Phil. Enjoy

Those Glads are quite tough on the mpgs, but they will go anywhere right off the dealers lot. We have quite injoyed our Wrangler Sahara, and it does a bit better on mpgs. We just drove it from North Carolina to the Mouses House, and it did right at 22.5 driving in some stupid high headwinds after hitting the Florida Line. We ordered our Bronco on 03/03/21, and it looks like it may be built in '24. The Bronco rose has lost it's bloom for me. Ford has really screwed the pooch on that lauch. So bad that the wife mentioned a new gen Jeep Grand Cherokee that would fit our lifestyle better. So, I'm working on that deal right now. The Ranger has a home though, it will be the Wrangler that's replaced if I can make that deal.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
as much as i prefer the ranger over the gladiator i gotta admit those seats look like nicer leather material than the rangers get. i wish ford would step up the rangers interior for each trim just a bit. and not bring the msrp up of course lol.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
@Phil_R Congratulations on the Tremor Phil. Enjoy

Those Glads are quite tough on the mpgs, but they will go anywhere right off the dealers lot. We have quite injoyed our Wrangler Sahara, and it does a bit better on mpgs. We just drove it from North Carolina to the Mouses House, and it did right at 22.5 driving in some stupid high headwinds after hitting the Florida Line. We ordered our Bronco on 03/03/21, and it looks like it may be built in '24. The Bronco rose has lost it's bloom for me. Ford has really screwed the pooch on that lauch. So bad that the wife mentioned a new gen Jeep Grand Cherokee that would fit our lifestyle better. So, I'm working on that deal right now. The Ranger has a home though, it will be the Wrangler that's replaced if I can make that deal.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is one sharp SUV. Your Wrangler gets good gas mileage for sure too! And agreed about Ford Bronco launch. Seems they should of anticipated the demand a bit better. Show us some pics of the new Grand Cherokee when you get it. Like I have said before, FCA's quality is getting much better, IMHO anyway! Take care! Oh, and thanks!!!
Sponsored