First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
speaking of ticks... worth a watch. its not all about ticks or fleas but related.

Reactions: Doc

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Anyone ever been to the Talladega Marksmanship Park? I went there a few weeks ago - what a blast. The battery on the AR red dot died, so I was shooting with backup flip up MBUS sights. I could get out to 300 yards, but couldn't put 3 in a row in the black at 300 to advance to 600.

I have a M1903 that was sporterized in the 50's, and has a Bausch and Lomb scope from then. Rang 'em at 600 with that. Was a PITA since 30-06 drops something like 40 inches at that range, and I was manually adjusting, rather than fiddling with the scope adjustments. OK - I hadn't shot that far with it before, and didn't know how to adjust it.

Shot the black powder revolver, and the Remington Rand 1911 from WWII, as well as the usual EDC.

What a blast out there.

CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park - Civilian Marksmanship Program (thecmp.org)

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Anyone ever been to the Talladega Marksmanship Park? I went there a few weeks ago - what a blast. The battery on the AR red dot died, so I was shooting with backup flip up MBUS sights. I could get out to 300 yards, but couldn't put 3 in a row in the black at 300 to advance to 600.

I have a M1903 that was sporterized in the 50's, and has a Bausch and Lomb scope from then. Rang 'em at 600 with that. Was a PITA since 30-06 drops something like 40 inches at that range, and I was manually adjusting, rather than fiddling with the scope adjustments. OK - I hadn't shot that far with it before, and didn't know how to adjust it.

Shot the black powder revolver, and the Remington Rand 1911 from WWII, as well as the usual EDC.

What a blast out there.

CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park - Civilian Marksmanship Program (thecmp.org)
Sounds like a very challenging and fun day.