DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Teach Me...

If I were to buy a, lets say, CZ Scorpion and add a non folding stock to it, would it require registration because of NFA ? the barrel is less than 16" but overall length of the firearm might exceed 26". I am confused on what require registration and what doesnt.

PM me if youd like.

TIA

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
S&W to move office/operations.....https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-releases/news-release-details/smith-wesson-relocate-headquarters-tennessee

Last edited:

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Teach Me...

If I were to buy a, lets say, CZ Scorpion and add a non folding stock to it, would it require registration because of NFA ? the barrel is less than 16" but overall length of the firearm might exceed 26". I am confused on what require registration and what doesnt.

PM me if youd like.

TIA
If the barrel is under 16” (permanent length, so you can pin/weld a muzzle device to get over 16”), it is considered an NFA item (SBR) if you have a stock on it.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
S&W to move office.....https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-releases/news-release-details/smith-wesson-relocate-headquarters-tennessee
Good for them. I think all the gun companies should move all operations out of anti 2A states. Several are in NY too.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
S&W to move office.....https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-releases/news-release-details/smith-wesson-relocate-headquarters-tennessee
They need to move their whole plant out of Springfield,MA to a more pro 2A state. Was one of the best days of my life moving out of that state.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They need to move their whole plant out of Springfield,MA to a more pro 2A state. Was one of the best days of my life moving out of that state.
Gotta vote with your feet and your dollars.

Conservatives need to get better at boycotting businesses that fold to the lefts demands. They are a LOUD minority that gets results because of their aggressive social media campaigns.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Gotta vote with your feet and your dollars.

Conservatives need to get better at boycotting businesses that fold to the lefts demands. They are a LOUD minority that gets results because of their aggressive social media campaigns.

They've been there for as long as I lived there which was 51 years. I have nothing against S&W and really like their M&P line but in todays world I'm sure trying to find "qualified" workers is a big consideration on whether it's best to stay put or move. Most people in that area stay there because of family and I doubt many workers would follow them if they relocated.

For now I'd rather see Tham stay there and produce a good product will their long time employees than move somewhere else and watch them go down the tubes. Now if this were 2-3 years ago it would've been a different story with a booming economy and low UE. Amazing how much things have fallen apart in such a short time. :sunglasses:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had a M&P 40 an really liked it. It shot well. I just didn't like carrying one in the chamber with a striker fire. I replaced it with a Beretta PX4 subcompact with a hammer an sao/dao trigger. I also carry a sig P938 with one chambered an the hammer dropped. I also had a M&P 22 AR that was solid.

Their workforce might move with them depending on the situation. If there aren't jobs available with similar pay an benefits in Ma an Smith offers moving assistance I'd bet most go.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
So, voting. The way it looks like it is going, that should be totally eradicated by 2030. CA just perpetuated the COVID "Mail Ballots to all REGISTERED VOTERS" law for every election...Gee, if you get a drivers license you are automatically registered to vote...and guess what ;)??

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I'm not a gun nut....my brother is kinda worrying me though....but this is Canada eh?
I was searching for gun related xmas gifts for him.
usually i buy him bullets or targets.

but this time....whoah! i found something neat.
He'll never be able to own an AR-15....you know, Canada doesnt like them cuz they are scary.
But I managed to find him one and it didnt break the bank, or any laws for that matter.

Anyone else heard of this place?

https://goatguns.com/

you guys think he will appreciate the sentiment?
YES!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I have a dear friend in Canada, and we often speak of his inability to enjoy what few firearms y'all are allowed to have. I can see me trying to get one of these to him for Christmas. Thanks for the heads up!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'm not a gun nut....my brother is kinda worrying me though....but this is Canada eh?
I was searching for gun related xmas gifts for him.
usually i buy him bullets or targets.

but this time....whoah! i found something neat.
He'll never be able to own an AR-15....you know, Canada doesnt like them cuz they are scary.
But I managed to find him one and it didnt break the bank, or any laws for that matter.

Anyone else heard of this place?

https://goatguns.com/

you guys think he will appreciate the sentiment?
Do it!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
B4B6BF40-C779-46E5-8715-F60C173CFEB5.jpeg

A few suppressor host .
Beautiful. The glock suppressor looks quite bulky and long though. Is there any reason for this beyond personal preference? I don’t know much about suppressors due to my location.

Reactions: Doc