First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Some idiot rear ended me at a red light today and now my rear bumper needs to be replaced. Luckily for me the driver was working and driving a company vehicle, so their insurance company is going to have to pay for it. He works for the big energy company in my area, so their insurance should be good.

I'm just exploring different rear bumper options here. Not sure if I will even like any of the aftermarket bumpers, but would like to see some anyway. I'm not willing to give up the backup sensors, so that will most likely limit options. I'm totally fine with a new OEM bumper too, but if I can upgrade on someone else's dime, I'm all for it.

Attached are a few pics of what happened today. Look how badly the F150's plastic front bumper and grille were after this. It couldn't have been more than a 5mph hit.

410471E9-9E3C-4C5D-9D4A-C673BC947BBF.jpeg

BA8D190E-6F05-4B09-8CF8-90B7569CABDF.jpeg

8269751D-FA04-4FF0-9C31-BB8E3356E6D6.jpeg

7DC84C1E-4B89-4DAA-B551-D3135B692E3F.jpeg
Sponsored

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Some idiot rear ended me at a red light today and now my rear bumper needs to be replaced. Luckily for me the driver was working and driving a company vehicle, so their insurance company is going to have to pay for it. He works for the big energy company in my area, so their insurance should be good.

I'm just exploring different rear bumper options here. Not sure if I will even like any of the aftermarket bumpers, but would like to see some anyway. I'm not willing to give up the backup sensors, so that will most likely limit options. I'm totally fine with a new OEM bumper too, but if I can upgrade on someone else's dime, I'm all for it.

Attached are a few pics of what happened today. Look how badly the F150's plastic front bumper and grille were after this. It couldn't have been more than a 5mph hit.

410471E9-9E3C-4C5D-9D4A-C673BC947BBF.jpeg

BA8D190E-6F05-4B09-8CF8-90B7569CABDF.jpeg

8269751D-FA04-4FF0-9C31-BB8E3356E6D6.jpeg

7DC84C1E-4B89-4DAA-B551-D3135B692E3F.jpeg
Don't think the insurance adjuster would allow that unless the price would remain the same or less, for instance back in 1989 my son was driving down a very steep city street during slick weather and slid into a already damaged pickup and ruined the bumper and the guy wanted our insurance company to repair the whole truck not just the bumper that was damaged and the Farmers adjuster said no way Jose, the bumper is all that is going to be replaced not your whole vehicle. Perhaps that is not the same thing, just a thought.
You would still have to install all the sensors into the replacement bumper so they would work with the Ford system in the Truck.
Good luck Troy, to bad the person wasn't paying attention probably took their eyes of the road for a sec and wam bang thank You Troy, so sorry.

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
The insurance company is only responsible for what came out of the factory. Even if you had replaced your rear bumper with something more premium, the insurance company is only obligated for the cost of what you originally had. The cost difference is on you, unless you declared it on YOUR policy as an upgrade, and are paying accordingly, then his insurance is on the hook for the total cost.

Of course, this is not your situation at the moment, but something to think about if you want to upgrade bumpers.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Maybe its different here in ND, but if I want, I can take the money from the other person's insurance company without even repairing my vehicle. I'm not obligated to fix it or take it to a specific body shop. I've dealt with a situation like this before, so I know how it all works.

So, that being said, I'm still looking for aftermarket bumper pics, as the thread title states.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
How about this? Addictive Desert Designs. Wish I could afford their stuff, always liked the design. Would love to have their stuff on both my trucks.

ford-ranger-rear-bumper.jpg

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Yeah that's the one I keep going back to. I've searched the forums and Facebook groups and the ADD Stealth Fighter rear bumper is what looks best to me. It's not all huge and ridiculous like some of them, but its a nice noticeable difference. Lots of people saying that ADD bumpers are very good quality.

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
I keep my trailer towing ball hitch in place all the time . Twice I have been rear end bumped at "low speed" and not had any damage at all. My trailer hitch did put a dent in their front bumper both times, but, no damage to me.
Steve W

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
I never leave a ball hitch in because I will smack my shins on it without question. Besides, in this particular case, it wouldn't have helped at all anyway. The giant A frame hitch thing on the front of that F150 is what damaged my bumper. A ball would have went right through his plastic bumper anyway.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the look of the ADD rear bumper. Shame their stuff is so expensive.

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
If you like black wrinkle finish, this is the one...Tyger...comes with a stabilization clamp, locking pin and keeps most of the rear breakover angle...
TZyuGNO.jpg

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
Don't think the insurance adjuster would allow that unless the price would remain the same or less, for instance back in 1989 my son was driving down a very steep city street during slick weather and slid into a already damaged pickup and ruined the bumper and the guy wanted our insurance company to repair the whole truck not just the bumper that was damaged and the Farmers adjuster said no way Jose, the bumper is all that is going to be replaced not your whole vehicle. Perhaps that is not the same thing, just a thought.
You would still have to install all the sensors into the replacement bumper so they would work with the Ford system in the Truck.
Good luck Troy, to bad the person wasn't paying attention probably took their eyes of the road for a sec and wam bang thank You Troy, so sorry.
Insurance will reimburse or pay for OEM. You can take that check and add your own cash for the upgrade but some body shops will not replace OEM with aftermarket so you may have to replace yourself or pay out of pocket for upgrade labor.

Mark P

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
The insurance company is only responsible for what came out of the factory. Even if you had replaced your rear bumper with something more premium, the insurance company is only obligated for the cost of what you originally had. The cost difference is on you, unless you declared it on YOUR policy as an upgrade, and are paying accordingly, then his insurance is on the hook for the total cost.

Of course, this is not your situation at the moment, but something to think about if you want to upgrade bumpers.
I show receipts and they pay based on what was on the car. Been through this a few times.
Sponsored