Got an FX4? Can you take measurements for me?

tygr2007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Automotive Detailing
If for some reason you have a strut taken off... can someone take a measurement for me? :sunglasses:
I'm looking to see how far away these top bolts are from each other.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 11.16.13 AM.png
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I don't know the answer, but I am curious what you are trying to to figure out?

I can also tell you that there are plenty of different shocks and struts available for the Ranger that fit FX4 and Non FX4 Trucks.

OP
OP
tygr2007

tygr2007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Automotive Detailing
I don't know the answer, but I am curious what you are trying to to figure out?

I can also tell you that there are plenty of different shocks and struts available for the Ranger that fit FX4 and Non FX4 Trucks.
Trying to see if there is a difference between the tremor fox 2.0 pattern and the FX4

OP
OP
tygr2007

tygr2007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Automotive Detailing
Ok šŸ¤£.

The reason Iā€™m asking is, Iā€™m trying to get a lift kit that uses a spacer. They advertise it as not working with the coil over, but I didnā€™t think it was true. Thanks for confirming that the pattern is the same.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm going to assume you are looking at a spacer lift correct? If that is the case then go for Tremor Specific or you will have problems

OP
OP
tygr2007

tygr2007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Automotive Detailing
I'm going to assume you are looking at a spacer lift correct? If that is the case then go for Tremor Specific or you will have problems
6" BDS... looking at the spacer vs the 2.5 coilover.
Spacers are only 1300 while new coilovers are near 4K. Don't want to spend that type of money.
They said they just ain't tested it on the Tremor. But like you were saying, I don't see why it wouldn't fit somewhat close to right.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
6" BDS... looking at the spacer vs the 2.5 coilover.
Spacers are only 1300 while new coilovers are near 4K. Don't want to spend that type of money.
They said they just ain't tested it on the Tremor. But like you were saying, I don't see why it wouldn't fit somewhat close to right.
Be aware that 6-in lift will only be 3 to 4 in at best. That is due to the fact that the front end is already 2 in higher compared to a non-Tremmor. If you want good OffRoad Capability do yourself a favor and keep it around what you currently have. It is a very practical height and when combined with 33's you can go many places, especially with a factory rear locker.

OP
OP
tygr2007

tygr2007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Automotive Detailing
Yeah. I completely understand your point.

However, i've already been through my offroading phase of the truck. It's been a year of bashing it and I've gotten tired of fixing things on it... rock chips, transmission pans, and now a transmission. I'm 17 and want to make this more of a pavement princess build, as disgusting as that sounds. Of course, me being me and being young; I want the tallest option there is to look the most badass.

But yes, from a performance perspective, I completely agree with keeping it how it is. I just want more out of it. However I do appreciate the knowledge about the bolt pattern and the fitment of everything you described. :cool:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah. I completely understand your point.

However, i've already been through my offroading phase of the truck. It's been a year of bashing it and I've gotten tired of fixing things on it... rock chips, transmission pans, and now a transmission. I'm 17 and want to make this more of a pavement princess build, as disgusting as that sounds. Of course, me being me and being young; I want the tallest option their is to look the most badass.

But yes, from a performance perspective, I completely agree with keeping it how it is. I just want more out of it. However I do appreciate the knowledge about the bolt pattern and the fitment of everything you described. :cool:
Also keep in mind that those spacers will not work. Due to the Tremor suspension you will overextend everything. You want a pavement princess free status symbol? Good trades of truck in from one of those Fiat Good trades of truck in from one of those Cummins powered Fiat trucks

OP
OP
tygr2007

tygr2007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Automotive Detailing
Also keep in mind that those spacers will not work. Due to the Tremor suspension you will overextend everything. You want a pavement princess free status symbol? Good trades of truck in from one of those Fiat Good trades of truck in from one of those Cummins powered Fiat trucks
Ranger body style is the perfect size though imo. Anything bigger isn't practical for my job and i'd never even use it.

How would it overextend everything when the suspension system compensates for all bad angles? Diff relocation, longer steering knuckles, etc would correct all those, to an extent no? I've done a good bit of research and it seems like the stock ranger struts vs the 2.0 coilovers are about the same size. Within a 1 inch difference; which even if the front is a tiny bit taller those angles can't be that bad.

I've seen the build list for the "Mega-Ranger" and that's utilizing the RC lift that doesn't correct a lot of the angles that the comprehensive BDS lift does.

And uhh, don't get me wrong here; not trying to bicker and argue back and fourth... just looking for all the information I can get before making an investment. I appreciate the expertise. :whew:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ranger body style is the perfect size though imo. Anything bigger isn't practical for my job and i'd never even use it.

How would it overextend everything when the suspension system compensates for all bad angles? Diff relocation, longer steering knuckles, etc would correct all those, to an extent no?

I've seen the build list for the "Mega-Ranger" and that's utilizing the RC lift that doesn't correct a lot of the angles that the comprehensive BDS lift does.

And uhh, don't get me wrong here; not trying to bicker and argue back and fourth... just looking for all the information I can get before making an investment.
On the front end you have much longer shred assemblies with a tremor vs non tremor. But the same spacer in there and you will have overextended suspension components. You will have to swap them out for new strut assemblies. Like it or not you are spending one way or another. Also a pavement princess is no longer practical. The way you want to do it it will no longer be a useful truck

OP
OP
tygr2007

tygr2007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Automotive Detailing
On the front end you have much longer shred assemblies with a tremor vs non tremor. But the same spacer in there and you will have overextended suspension components. You will have to swap them out for new strut assemblies. Like it or not you are spending one way or another. Also a pavement princess is no longer practical. The way you want to do it it will no longer be a useful truck
Whatever get's me from point A to point B; the goal is to look good while doing it.

"Shred assemblies?"

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
He is 17 and has a lot of mistakes to make in his lifetime. Let him do it. What he thinks will look ā€œbadassā€ will look stupid to the rest of us but itā€™s what he wants. The further he goes the more useless it will become.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
He is 17 and has a lot of mistakes to make in his lifetime. Let him do it. What he thinks will look ā€œbadassā€ will look stupid to the rest of us but itā€™s what he wants. The further he goes the more useless it will become.
Don't worry, I already realized where he lives as to why he is stuck on his decision. I already hit the ignore button
Sponsored