Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
05856308-1619-4F4F-B3EC-0EEAD5A1648F.jpeg
Well the time has come and gone. Stitch was sold yesterday. I had a 2021 reservation for a Ford Lightning, and all the stars aligned and I picked it up yesterday as well. Stitch was a great truck and I will really miss that 0% for 84 month financing. I’ll still be a lurker here on the Forums, and it feels weird not having a Ranger as a 2003 Ranger Edge was my very first vehicle. Thank you all for the tips, tricks, and general knowledge!
This is a "shocking" announcement, but the Lightning is a great truck, and I do not blame you a bit! Happy trails, buddy!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Well the time has come and gone. Stitch was sold yesterday. I had a 2021 reservation for a Ford Lightning, and all the stars aligned and I picked it up yesterday as well. Stitch was a great truck and I will really miss that 0% for 84 month financing. I’ll still be a lurker here on the Forums, and it feels weird not having a Ranger as a 2003 Ranger Edge was my very first vehicle. Thank you all for the tips, tricks, and general knowledge!

Congratulations on your new purchase.

If this is your 1st electric vehicle, try to learn everything about it. Especially "DOs and DON'Ts"

You don't want to end up like this guy.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/11/f...-while-charging-at-electrify-america-station/

This is something you need to know.

I'm giving it another 5 to 10 years before I make my electric purchase.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
05856308-1619-4F4F-B3EC-0EEAD5A1648F.jpeg
I would also like to hear how your transition is to a tethered vehicle and if you feel limited. I know in Cali you won't have much choice soon but I am waiting since I believe battery tech will improve greatly in the near future. No way I could drive one from NM to Cali without adding days to my trip so too soon for me.

OP
OP
Jml91

Jml91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Yea mostly charging will be at home. We upgraded to a great solar system that will be 139% of our average usage to compensate for the electric truck

OP
OP
Jml91

Jml91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice truck, curious as to what incentives - were available in CA. Now a word of caution - don't bring the grid down ! :)
You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. Sticker ended up being 56k I got price protection at time of order (5k) plus a private offer from ford (7k) so I paid 44k. I also will be getting a 2k check from California for a rebate and the $7500 tax credit. I ran out of that dealership as soon as I signed!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Been avoiding the first model year of everything since the Chevy Chevette.
Hindsight is 50/50 but wouldn't it been wiser to have avoided the Chevy Chevette altogether ? didn't they offer a diesel in it ? I remember working in Denver near i-70 and Kipling and the company hired a new program mgr who just happened to drive a Chevy Chevette and lived in Colorado Springs - some 80 miles away, he was planning to commute, did so for a couple of months until Chevy Chevette took on Monument Hill in a snowstorm and his Chevy Chevette commuter days came to an unhappy end pinned against a guard rail by a semi.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. Sticker ended up being 56k I got price protection at time of order (5k) plus a private offer from ford (7k) so I paid 44k. I also will be getting a 2k check from California for a rebate and the $7500 tax credit. I ran out of that dealership as soon as I signed!
outstanding and those trucks are lightning quick.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Really happy for you!

But let's all be real. The grid on CA can barely handle someone turning on a hair dryer. Yet they are handing out rebates and tax credits for folks going to EV's. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

Seriously hope you enjoy the Lightening! Plus it makes me so happy to see someone buy an EV that ain't a f***ing tesla!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Jml91

Jml91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
If I didn’t have solar and was dependent on the grid, I would have never purchased it. There’s so many rolling blackouts. I went all out and got battery packs so I should never have to worry

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Thank you so much, and definitely not as much fun. You would think it would be much more.. electric ??
I’m clearly trying to jump start them over there.

A0FADFB4-769F-475B-893B-9CBBD731B3F0.jpeg
They forgot an engine under the hood. Decontenting these too...

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outstanding and those trucks are lightning quick.
Add it all up - smokin hot deal, no more ca high gas cost, reduction in maintenance and fun to drive, I'd be esthetic as well and nice that you shared this with the " community" which includes some degree of anti ev sentiment, stuff like getting stranded, grid collapse, wrecking the environment, raging highway batt fire, Yada, Yada, yada
Sponsored