Good bye Friends....

Steve131

First Name
Steve Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier, Escape
For those that have sold how long did the document review process take? Uploaded my documents three days ago and still waiting for the next step.
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
For those that have sold how long did the document review process take? Uploaded my documents three days ago and still waiting for the next step.
I'll keep you posted. Mine was just sent yesterday.

Last edited:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Carvana is going to be getting an influx of Rangers. ?

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
It must be location based. Just for fun I checked and they offered just under $32,000 for my 2019 XLT 4x2 Super Crew. I have no intention of selling it to make a couple of grand. Heck, my Livernois Tunes will be here tomorrow! The fun is just starting.
Agreed! My check was simply curiosity. It was pretty lowball at 22k. I just reworked my exhaust to a full 3" catback and the downpipe is on the shortlist of things to order. Deciding between the Ford Performance tune and Livernois currently, with the Livernois being the most likely. I plan to have as much fun with this truck for as long as it will run!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Looks like Carvana is going to be getting an influx of Rangers. ?
Not just Rangers.

I mentioned to a friend of mine about what Carvana was doing and they sold them their 4Runner.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Tacos are selling with a large markup as well.
I noticed a large number of their trucks are "Pending sale" even when they're still in "Coming soon" status without any pictures.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Once they gave me an appointment they sent me an email to upload my license next to my face. The title and that was about it. I uploaded the documents via email. The next day the money showed up in my checking account. Very easy deal easier than CarMax and they only offered 30 grand. I got 36k from carvanna

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
So I sold my truck to Carvana. They offered $36K!!! Easy to take that deal. So I leased a 2020 Ridgeline which is a better fit for me. Was looking at the RDX and RX350 but I need a pick up. The Ridgeline RTL-E leased for $417 a month. So Im depositing $36K when I bring my truck to the drop off.

I could have purchased a new Ranger LOL.... But the Honda is smooth as hell to drive. Yeah Body on frame is a ton bouncy compared. Its basically a Pilot with a bed and AWD. Has much more storage than the Ranger. I like the side opening bed and 110AC in the bed. Already lined with a huge storage area under the bed that opens up. Since we alreasdy lease a Honda CRV We are both familiar with Honda's "sync" system.

OONe cool thing is the bed radio. You can select the bed as a huge speaker.....That works well too bad there is no pro football team here great truck for tailgate partys\

Anyway I don't mean to sell the Ridgeline to anyone here. If you are lookiong to get rid of your truck try Carvana. My brother sold his as well LOL When I showed him the monsy Carvana was paying he sold his. I actually got a grand more for my Ranger.....than he did. Same truck fewer miles on his...They have a lot of XLTs but few Lariats.

Would anyone here buy a used Ranger for $36K??? LOL, I think not.

Anyway I will check in the Gun forum as that is good conversation. and keep tabs on the Ranger.

Sell-or-Trade-In-Your-Car-Online-Carvana.jpg
I also have had a CRV (wife's car) with AWD and I loved it in the snow, but the 4 cylinder was severely underpowered and I always wished I'd gotten a Pilot, replaced it with an Accord Touring. I hate the Honda sync and infotainment - almost every single aspect of it in comparison to my Ranger after over a year of driving both. The experience with Carvana was interesting to hear about thanks for posting that. I doubt I could get back enough for my '19 Lariat as I have Line-X liner, Bak-Flip cover, rust proofing and undercoating, Borla catback and the Ford Tune :) The latest generation of Ridgeline look a lot better - older models looked too much like the Pontiac Aztec :)

Rigwright

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Union Millwright (Retired)
Saw a Ridgeline with a cap on it today and I gotta say it looked pretty tough. Still not ready to trade my actual Ford TRUCK for one, but I sure can understand the temptation. It looks so comfy. Like a granny slipper.
20200820_173601.jpg

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry to see you not be a Ranger owner, but you're always welcome to hang out around here of course.

But... holy crap... 36K? hard to imagine a trade in value like that. I mean I can't even imagine any used Ranger at any trim level selling for that price at a dealer. Here's something for you to do: keep an eye on that truck and see what it hits the market for.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also have had a CRV (wife's car) with AWD and I loved it in the snow, but the 4 cylinder was severely underpowered and I always wished I'd gotten a Pilot, replaced it with an Accord Touring. I hate the Honda sync and infotainment - almost every single aspect of it in comparison to my Ranger after over a year of driving both. The experience with Carvana was interesting to hear about thanks for posting that. I doubt I could get back enough for my '19 Lariat as I have Line-X liner, Bak-Flip cover, rust proofing and undercoating, Borla catback and the Ford Tune :) The latest generation of Ridgeline look a lot better - older models looked too much like the Pontiac Aztec :)
Yeah you did the right thing holding on to the Ranger. I'm not putting much into the Honda but it absolutely needs a bed cover which I use the roll-ups, of course, bug deflector which I put on everything. And I broke down today and bought a set of $300 chrome wheels because the stock wheels look like steelies. but that's it because it's a lease I'll be able to take off the wheels and the cover when I turn it in in 3 years. Well I hope these work because they're the only Honda polished Wheels. THAT'S ALL IM DOINGn LOL....

Honda-Ridgeline-2019-18-OEM-Wheel-Rim.jpg

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to see you not be a Ranger owner, but you're always welcome to hang out around here of course.

But... holy crap... 36K? hard to imagine a trade in value like that. I mean I can't even imagine any used Ranger at any trim level selling for that price at a dealer. Here's something for you to do: keep an eye on that truck and see what it hits the market for.
Thank You,Zac. I enjoy the Forum and watching to see what Ford does next. Lets face reality....IF I did not get such a buyout figure, I would still be happy with my Ranger/

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah you did the right thing holding on to the Ranger. I'm not putting much into the Honda but it absolutely needs a bed cover which I use the roll-ups, of course, bug deflector which I put on everything. And I broke down today and bought a set of $300 chrome wheels because the stock wheels look like steelies. but that's it because it's a lease I'll be able to take off the wheels and the cover when I turn it in in 3 years. Well I hope these work because they're the only Honda polished Wheels.

THAT'S ALL IM DOINGn LOL....
I'd say on this forum good luck with that! lol

But seeing as it's a Ridgeline and you've probably done more than anyone else on the Ridgeline forum I believe you. ?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a Ridgeline with a cap on it today and I gotta say it looked pretty tough. Still not ready to trade my actual Ford TRUCK for one, but I sure can understand the temptation. It looks so comfy. Like a granny slipper.
20200820_173601.jpg
And you would be right. Put a glass of wine on the dashboard of this thing and I ain't going anywhere. The suspension is more car-like than truck like which is why I bought it. I test drove a pilot. Which felt pretty much the same I'd rather have the pick up bed then another row of seats. I purchase of the Honda was only because Ranger sold for so much. You know I was one of the early adopters so I paid more than a lot of people here and I was glad to recoup most of it back and start all over. Apparently I've been looking at the Ridgeline a while I saw a post I made in a Ridgeline forum a while ago. So this wasn't the first time I looked at it
Sponsored

Last edited: