Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I sold my truck to Carvana. They offered $36K!!! Easy to take that deal. So I leased a 2020 Ridgeline which is a better fit for me. Was looking at the RDX and RX350 but I need a pick up. The Ridgeline RTL-E leased for $417 a month. So Im depositing $36K when I bring my truck to the drop off.

I could have purchased a new Ranger LOL.... But the Honda is smooth as hell to drive. Yeah Body on frame is a ton bouncy compared. Its basically a Pilot with a bed and AWD. Has much more storage than the Ranger. I like the side opening bed and 110AC in the bed. Already lined with a huge storage area under the bed that opens up. Since we alreasdy lease a Honda CRV We are both familiar with Honda's "sync" system.

OONe cool thing is the bed radio. You can select the bed as a huge speaker.....That works well too bad there is no pro football team here great truck for tailgate partys\

Anyway I don't mean to sell the Ridgeline to anyone here. If you are lookiong to get rid of your truck try Carvana. My brother sold his as well LOL When I showed him the monsy Carvana was paying he sold his. I actually got a grand more for my Ranger.....than he did. Same truck fewer miles on his...They have a lot of XLTs but few Lariats.

Would anyone here buy a used Ranger for $36K??? LOL, I think not.

Anyway I will check in the Gun forum as that is good conversation. and keep tabs on the Ranger.

Sell-or-Trade-In-Your-Car-Online-Carvana.jpg
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Hmmmmmm......
I wonder if that works here in AZ (we have one of those cool car vending machines), and if I could parlay that into a 2020 Lariat?

Nah. My wife would never let me get away with that.
Best to just focus on getting that tailgate damper...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Noooooooo!!! lol I knew you were going to do this but hey,I'm glad if that's what makes you happy! Hopefully the Ridgeline treats you well. What did Joe end up with? Make sure you stop by here often, especially in the gun forum as it won't be the same without you both! Good luck with the Honda.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hmmmmmm......
I wonder if that works here in AZ (we have one of those cool car vending machines), and if I could parlay that into a 2020 Lariat?

Nah. My wife would never let me get away with that.
Best to just focus on getting that tailgate damper...
Geeze what are you waiting for? lol It's a safer bet getting the damper and your wife won't be as mad. ?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow Tom, good luck with the Ridgeline! Stop by here and chat once in awhile. You and Joe will be missed ! What did Joe get? Good luck Bret
It looks like my brother Joe is gone down to one car he put about 1500 miles not even that much in a year and a half.

I put on 6000 which is not much for a year-and-a-half I guess. I decided lease would be better. Plus I can't jump around different cars like I used to without a lease.

I couldn't pass up the deal from carvanha. I went to three dealers and CarMax to see what they would give me for the Ranger. CarMax offered 28,000. Dealers quoted $30000 tops. It's not hard to see why I wouldn't take $36,000 for it and run.

I drove the truck for over a year for $3,000. The Ridgeline was just a better fit. And it drives like glass. I think Sync 3 is better asthetic but but they both do the same thing it just looks prettier then the Hondas. In fact the ranger has a better look to me than the Ridgeline by a huge margin. But I have always been a function over form kind of guy.
Wow Tom, good luck with the Ridgeline! Stop by here and chat once in awhile. You and Joe will be missed ! What did Joe get? Good luck Bret
Joey sticking with one car for now. I mean he only put 1500 miles on the truck in over a year it doesn't pay just have it sit and depreciate. I'm not much better I'd rather lease and put the cash in the bank where I can make it work for me. $417 is a pretty cheap lease on a loaded rtl-e

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Geeze what are you waiting for? lol It's a safer bet getting the damper and your wife won't be as mad. ?
This is all YOUR fault, bro. Too many pictures of the cool stuff you've done to your truck.
My antenna and arm rest cover just came in today...
So I've YOU to thank for much of HER attitude! ;)

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Noooooooo!!! lol I knew you were going to do this but hey,I'm glad if that's what makes you happy! Hopefully the Ridgeline treats you well. What did Joe end up with? Make sure you stop by here often, especially in the gun forum as it won't be the same without you both! Good luck with the Honda.
Yeah I'm not really going anywhere. If this was THE Tacoma fO0RUM they would run me off on Rails with a crapload of curse words and bad thoughts. I for one will stick with this forum and check out the new Rangers. Lets face it If I did not get such a good deal from Carvana, I would have kept it No way would I take $30000 on a trade. That was the most I got offered and that was tepid at best. It's funny because I was really out to lease an RDX or the RX 350 but those dealers are hundred miles away Ridgeline is a better fit for me all around...

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah I'm not really going anywhere. If this was THE Tacoma fO0RUM they would run me off on Rails with a crapload of curse words and bad thoughts. I for one will stick with this forum and check out the new Rangers. Lets face it If I did not get such a good deal from Carvana, I would have kept it No way would I take $30000 on a trade. That was the most I got offered and that was tepid at best. It's funny because I was really out to lease an RDX or the RX 350 but those dealers are hundred miles away Ridgeline is a better fit for me FBI formed
We won't run you out of Dodge (not yet) because we all know once you see the new Rangers, especially the Raptor Ranger you'll be back! :wink: Post some pictures of the Ridgeline, we'd like to see it and make fun of it. lmao :giggle:

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We won't run you out of Dodge (not yet) because we all know once you see the new Rangers, especially the Raptor Ranger you'll be back! :wink: Post some pictures of the Ridgeline, we'd like to see it and make fun of it. lmao :giggle:
HA...Not taking delivery until Monday after Carvana picks up my truck. One of the perks with the RL is I won't be spending money on it. It's pretty much done except for a tonneau cover.

I am perpetually car shopping.....LOL Indeed the new Ranger may be right after they have been out a year or so, Depends on what I need then. The AWD Honda has a 5000lb tow rating, Which is nice for a boat LOL......

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm not really going anywhere. If this was THE Tacoma fO0RUM they would run me off on Rails with a crapload of curse words and bad thoughts. I for one will stick with this forum and check out the new Rangers. Lets face it If I did not get such a good deal from Carvana, I would have kept it No way would I take $30000 on a trade. That was the most I got offered and that was tepid at best. It's funny because I was really out to lease an RDX or the RX 350 but those dealers are hundred miles away Ridgeline is a better fit for me FBI formed
One of the good things about this forum is that it is kept pretty civil. Maybe the whole country could use a little of the same right now. Good luck with your new ride. :) ?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So you got a civic with a bed? Haha I test drive one but to each their own
I asked for a bag to put over my head while driving it LL

One of the things I really like about it is it's a NA 6 cylinder. Runs on 87 octane.
ITs not as quick off the line as the Ranger but one has to be around 6k RPMs to gain the max HP (275) and Torque (247 lb-ft) benefit, Otherwise it's fast enough. I never really stepped into my Ranger.

This is definitely not the truck for you if you have friends that have body-on-frame trucks. YOu'll get laughed off the trail..LOL Me?? I could not care less what others think (obviously as I acquired a Ridgeline )....

However, it does have "crawl control" depending on road conditions and weather. AWD will work on any road just not rock climbing.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
HA...Not taking delivery until Monday after Carvana picks up my truck. One of the perks with the RL is I won't be spending money on it. It's pretty much done except for a tonneau cover.

I am perpetually car shopping.....LOL Indeed the new Ranger may be right after they have been out a year or so, Depends on what I need then. The AWD Honda has a 5000lb tow rating, Which is nice for a boat LOL......
Let me know once you get the boat. There could be an east coast trip for me and the Ranger. :giggle: For 36K I really don't blame you one bit for selling now, that's a great deal! Seriously post some pics once you get in next week!:like:
Sponsored