Go Rhino - Black Exhaust Tip

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I've had the tip for a couple of months but I never painted the exhaust. You guys convinced me to do so. I just did and the paint at the tip is still a bit wet.
I used Rustoleum High Heat paint without the primer. Went with 3 coats.Youtube Rustoleum directions show after an hour run the engine at idle for 10 minutes. Then cool 20 minutes. Then idle for 20 minutes and cool for 20 minutes. Followed by a half hour ride. Seems like a lot of crap to do for a foot of painted pipe. :)

UxiBFRo.jpg

Looks real good..
Sponsored

Scoopo

First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
Got this installed. What a huge difference!
I did fail to snap a before picture prior to painting the pipe but I did get some pre and post tip install.
Really, once you (I) realize how the factory exhaust looks it just can't be unseen. And after reading about the poor cut one of y'all posted here I looked closely and saw just how unfinished even that was on mine.
Pretty happy with it now!

One post paint but pre-install, then several angles post-install.

IMG_20200301_132309.jpg

IMG_20200301_144407.jpg

IMG_20200301_145044.jpg

IMG_20200301_145059.jpg

IMG_20200301_145138.jpg

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I couldn't get mine tight enough. The cast spacer in the middle of the clamp broke so I removed it - still won't tighten up. Do I need to cut the slots a bit longer?? This is the one I bought:

Any Suggestions??

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I had a tough time getting mine tight as well. I just used a bigger ratchet (1/2 drive) and kept going until it was tight. I felt it was too much effort, so they could have done better there. It's not like they do not know the size of the exhaust.

You could just swing by a muffler shop and ask them to spot weld it, would be good for sure then.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Okay -- will get out the 1/2" drive tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

Scoopo

First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
I had to go get a deep well socket but I used a 3/8 drive ratchet.
Lubing the threads in advance did the trick, per a previous suggestion back in this thread.
WD-40 or your preference of penetrating lube. Maxima MPPL Multi-Purpose Penetrant Lube is what I had on hand.

LMKFX4XLT

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
I couldn't get mine tight enough. The cast spacer in the middle of the clamp broke so I removed it - still won't tighten up. Do I need to cut the slots a bit longer?? This is the one I bought:

Any Suggestions??
I had the same problem. Torqued it down hard, broke the spacer in half, put the bottom half of the spacer back in and then cranked down hard again until it held. Wish I would of applied some WD-40 as others have suggested, but it worked. Just kept cranking until it held. I put the clamp half way on the extension and half on the exhaust pipe. Good luck.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same problem. Torqued it down hard, broke the spacer in half, put the bottom half of the spacer back in and then cranked down hard again until it held. Wish I would of applied some WD-40 as others have suggested, but it worked. Just kept cranking until it held. I put the clamp half way on the extension and half on the exhaust pipe. Good luck.
I have had the Gibson tip sitting around in my garage for months now. After reading about the many members who have experienced problems with ill-fitting products, I just decided to wait until I get the chance to have it professionally welded in place, once and for all. The stock exhaust pipe looks like crap, but I didn't want to replace the whole system for one that looks better but sounds louder, so here we are....

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious what you would paint with? i have plasti-dip but not sure if that would melt off.
Did mine with flat black BarBQ paint. Worked great, looks good, cost less than $10.00

DCPX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I just wanted to know how everyone's black Rhino exhaust tip is holding up since the thread is from 2019.
Does the paint chip or peel easily? I'm ready to order one since there is no cutting involved and is reasonably priced.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to know how everyone's black Rhino exhaust tip is holding up since the thread is from 2019.
Does the paint chip or peel easily? I'm ready to order one since there is no cutting involved and is reasonably priced.
Mine still looks good as new!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I went cheap no name on Amazon and got lucky - 2 1/2 yrs looks fine. Even took it off once to finally paint the stock pipe back to the muffler. Was worried the attachment clamp would crack, but it was fine.

So I would hope a name brand would also be fine!