Gibson Black Elite Dual Exhaust

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Are others getting theirs's installed to less than 1/4" symmetrical? Am I being anal about this?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
I never could get my tips exactly the same. But nothing on this truck is symmetrical from the factory. I found if you don't point it out nobody notices. And I got mine in 22 also picked it up for 650 at summit

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I never could get my tips exactly the same. But nothing on this truck is symmetrical from the factory. I found if you don't point it out nobody notices. And I got mine in 22 also picked it up for 650 at summit
Yeah, I tend to agree. The shop did a pretty good job getting them close to perfect.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Importan question for Gibson exhaust owners, how many people put the Gibson sticker on their Ranger?

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I don't put stickers on my vehicle. I put them on my tool box.
No stickers, so far. Just curious. Some people load their rear window with stupid stickers.

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
No stickers, so far. Just curious. Some people load their rear window with stupid stickers.
When I was younger I had the back window of my truck plastered with stickers. My boss had to drive my truck one day and he asked me why I felt like the whole world needed to know all about me. I asked him why, he said because all the stickers read as an attitude. I purchased a sliding window for the truck and never put another sticker on a vehicle until covid when I had a huge sticker made for my camper hauler. It says only criminals wear masks. And it's still there.

Gdub

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
If you are every in surgery, you better hope no one in the room also doesn't believe that.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
The wife having to be away for the last 3 weeks, rode in the Ranger for the first time after getting the Gibson exhaust. I said nothing about it, and I am sure she competely forgot I had gotten it. She said nothing the whole time, not even after she drove it while I was at a meeting.
So I guess the way it sounds is just fine.

rapid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2022 Explorer Timberline,
Got my Gibson installed yesterday. It sounds good but it's a little louder than I thought it would be. You can definitely hear it in the cab unless you are at speed and cruising. Driving the hilly backroads around the drone with all the shifting is kind of annoying. Anybody add resonators to the Gibson?
1708011808675.png

Can anyone tell the left pipe is 1/4" out further than the right?
Question. I believe those are 12" long tips. I want a different tip that are only 8", is there enough pipe for an 8" tip to fit?

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Question. I believe those are 12" long tips. I want a different tip that are only 8", is there enough pipe for an 8" tip to fit?
I don't know. I don't know how much spacing overlap there is between pipe and tip. As it is, I think it really looks good with the tip position with the bumper. I can't see going with a shorter tip. When looking at it from the side, this tip just looks right with the bumper depth.
That said, this is what comes with the Gibson kit. I think it really looks and sounds great. I wouldn't change a thing.

rapid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2022 Explorer Timberline,
I don't know. I don't know how much spacing overlap there is between pipe and tip. As it is, I think it really looks good with the tip position with the bumper. I can't see going with a shorter tip. When looking at it from the side, this tip just looks right with the bumper depth.
That said, this is what comes with the Gibson kit. I think it really looks and sounds great. I wouldn't change a thing.
I want a 3 inch diameter for mine but the only one I've found is an 8 inch. Yours looks great.
Sponsored