First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My dad had a VW bus. Sun roof and the portholes. It was a given when in that thing if you were ever in a head on your legs would be gone. The idea was lay it on its side going in!

I got my drivers license in that thing. The shift stick was like pushing on a bamboo stick. Drum breaks and a lawnmower engine for power. Pass going up a hill… not happening, ever! Pass going down hill. We’re moving now!

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
are that many people so insecure about their manhood that they can't just drive a van if they need a van? this "lifestyle signalling" bs is out of control in the auto market.
Honestly it's weird. We have 2 vehicles. The truck and the SUV. Not his and hers, but purpose based. SUV is better for hauling people and in the winter. Truck is for off-road adventures and towing/hauling.

Too many people treat their vehicle like a status symbol rather than what it is: a tool.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Honestly it's weird. We have 2 vehicles. The truck and the SUV. Not his and hers, but purpose based. SUV is better for hauling people and in the winter. Truck is for off-road adventures and towing/hauling.

Too many people treat their vehicle like a status symbol rather than what it is: a tool.
yes, we have a truck and a van and a plain old ordinary car. the truck is good for hauling dirty stuff and off-pavement, the van is good for hauling lots of people or other cargo in a climate controlled space, and a car because trucks and vans both suck for just plain driving on a road (center of gravity matters).

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
My ranger doesn't even fit in my garage! It barely fits on the driveway!

Well - To be fair, it DOES fit in the garage. If I take out the rear trailer ball and back it up so the rear bumper is touching the door frame to the house (so if you open it from the inside you have to immediately climb into the bed) then the garage door will close with about 1/2 inch to spare.
Sponsored