FYI: 2023 Ranger order banks did not open today

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
My 2023 Tremor order was placed an hour ago and I have the DORA.
Did you get an email confirmation from Ford as well of the order being placed? I just saw @fordvideoguy youtube release off changes/additions to the MY23, and I think he mentioned near the end that the website is not yet live (at least on the public internet) to view and price. Just wondering if the internal order banks are open and Ford is confirming these orders from dealers corporately.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Did you get an email confirmation from Ford as well of the order being placed? I just saw @fordvideoguy youtube release off changes/additions to the MY23, and I think he mentioned near the end that the website is not yet live (at least on the public internet) to view and price. Just wondering if the internal order banks are open and Ford is confirming these orders from dealers corporately.
Sure did. Got it about 4 minutes after they sent me my DORA.

F1589080-03F6-4FAF-A546-731111F77A58.jpeg

09EDFB25-DBEB-465B-9214-53C1B1B26317.jpeg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I tried searching... Is this the best thread to talk and ask about how the order process goes (or should go)?
Do we need to be camped out at the dealership to get an early spot as soon as the order banks open?
I have several questions and thought others may also and this could be a consolidated place to do it?
I have been reading threads from the 2022 and previous order banks opening, but I'm still not real sure what I should be doing before aug 2 and what to do as soon as the order banks open.
I agree with others here. It's more likely the combination of packages and options that affect delivery.

I ordered mine January 28th and got it in mid-May. But others ordered far earlier and are still waiting. And some ordered later and got it sooner.

Some delays were due to particular options and some are simply mysterious.

Some speculate Scabs versus Screws makes a difference, others say color makes a difference>

Some issues had to do with a specific option, like a bed liner.

Personally, I'd order it as you want it and really evaluate the options you want (can they be added after?).

Whatever strategy you use is likely as helpful as any lottery strategy - as many people here can attest to.

BUT ... the one really good thing is being a part of this forum. While waiting, I learned so many things from how to re-calibrate the MPG formula in the truck to what to expect in handling (I didn't test drive a Ranger before ordering it).

Welcome and be patient - personally, it was worth the wait and the OCD checking of the two ways to track an order.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
BUT ... the one really good thing is being a part of this forum. While waiting, I learned so many things from how to re-calibrate the MPG formula in the truck to what to expect in handling (I didn't test drive a Ranger before ordering it).

Welcome and be patient - personally, it was worth the wait and the OCD checking of the two ways to track an order.
Completely agree, David! There is much to learn and a lot of opportunity to discover where to spend your savings on modding your new Ranger!

One piece of advice - you may want to wait to start buying those mods until you have an actual confirmation of shipping on your new Ranger. :sunglasses:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My gut is telling me that Ford is accepting orders for a limited build for what they have on hand to use and ship now. The higher profit builds will be on the top of the list especially if they’re same popular color body style. Then once those or done move to the next most profitable builds and so on down the line.

I’ve been seeing articles that companies like Toyota are now having serious problems building product. Their profits are tanking and no end in sight.

Reactions: Doc

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Completely agree, David! There is much to learn and a lot of opportunity to discover where to spend your savings on modding your new Ranger!

One piece of advice - you may want to wait to start buying those mods until you have an actual confirmation of shipping on your new Ranger. :sunglasses:
Amen on that. I did get some smaller and less expensive things, like the Wolhaus power outlet and ignition bezel.

I did start getting nervous about the things we knew we'd want for summer kayaking and the availability of those items with all the supply issues.

So, despite not knowing about shipping, but having confirmation that the truck had been built, I ordered a few bigger ticket items, like the custom Wet Okole seat covers that needed some lead time. I also ordered the bed liner and floor liners.

Once I got the truck, I went nuts - side steps, tonneau cover, bed step, etc.

But since you have the obvious intelligence to get a Ranger, you don't need any advice from us (especially those that are weak, like me, who succumbed to the damper pressure).

All that to say - have fun, make it your won, and keep on truckin'!

1659712306041.png

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Mixed messages...
Dealer:
"It will still say 22 for the next 3-4 months but when we place the order at the dealership its put in for a 23"

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
It opened up 8/3.
Sponsored