FYI: 2023 Ranger order banks did not open today

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Was talking to my dealer a bit ago and the 2023 order banks did not open nor did the order guide drop. The F-150 order banks did open and the order guide was released today. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe next week. Who knows.
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Dealer, Imagine that …

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Color me shocked?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I tried searching... Is this the best thread to talk and ask about how the order process goes (or should go)?
Do we need to be camped out at the dealership to get an early spot as soon as the order banks open?
I have several questions and thought others may also and this could be a consolidated place to do it?
I have been reading threads from the 2022 and previous order banks opening, but I'm still not real sure what I should be doing before aug 2 and what to do as soon as the order banks open.

Reactions: Doc

imaposer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hot pepper red lariat tremor
I tried searching... Is this the best thread to talk and ask about how the order process goes (or should go)?
Do we need to be camped out at the dealership to get an early spot as soon as the order banks open?
I have several questions and thought others may also and this could be a consolidated place to do it?
I have been reading threads from the 2022 and previous order banks opening, but I'm still not real sure what I should be doing before aug 2 and what to do as soon as the order banks open.
I don't think it will matter. I haven't ordered a Ford lately, but with ram, it's just a chaotic random draw for the order they build them in once the order is in the system. I ordered 2 2022s, three months apart andthey got built 1 day apart.
And Chevy, it's a matter of the dealer placing them in the system in whatever order they want when there is an actual allocation assigned to them, which is typically 6-8 weeks before it is built. you might find a dealer who places them in the exact order they take the deposit, but I've found that's usuallynot a hard and fast list.
As soon as the banks open, I'll send 3 dealers my build for pricing, and get my order in by the end of the week. I don't think it will make a difference in when I actually get it.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need to be camped out. It's based on a few things (I'm sure a member who is in sales or works for Ford can expand on this) but essentially your dealer should place it as a customer order (not part of their inventory allocation orders), assign a priority to it (although I believe true customer orders get the same priority?), and then based on the number of allocations the dealer gets, Ford will schedule it into the production schedule. Lots of other variables play into where it gets placed, including the number of allocations your dealer gets. You could be the very first order in the books and still not have your truck built first if it's not placed at the right dealership in the right way.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Thanks, that helps.
It's funny, one dealership I read reviews on, people just loved the sales staff and didn't have one problem, but man o man, bad service department reviews galore.
The other one I'm thinking of going with is the one that gets lots of good reviews for their service department.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Per Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford, even though the Ranger Order Guide dropped yesterday, Order Banks for the 2023 Ranger were still not open as of last night. And I don't see the open yet today.

Last edited:

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Thanks, that helps.
It's funny, one dealership I read reviews on, people just loved the sales staff and didn't have one problem, but man o man, bad service department reviews galore.
The other one I'm thinking of going with is the one that gets lots of good reviews for their service department.
Do your research, know what you want when you walk in. Leave your watch and jewelry at home. Bring a friend to watch your 6…. Go with the dealership with the best service dept.

imaposer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hot pepper red lariat tremor
Dealer contacted me today saying order banks are open, but my build with 501A is on restraint, so if I want my order to go in I have to drop it. I'm not willing to do that, so I wait again.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Yup my dealer contacted me as well.
So weird, as my dealer said they still have not seen pricing drop for the 2023 or the order bank open to be able to place an order.