OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
If you mount the spare face up, granted it will protect the finish but you can't check the pressure. So does that mean you have to pull the spare off to check the pressure?
Thanks.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you mount the spare face up, granted it will protect the finish but you can't check the pressure. So does that mean you have to pull the spare off to check the pressure?
Thanks.
I mounted mine down so I can get to the valve stem but I have mine mounted on the factory steel wheel. If I had a nicer wheel I would mount it up and carry a portable compressor. I carry my Viair in the back all the time as my truck seems to be a magnet for nails lately.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I mounted mine down so I can get to the valve stem but I have mine mounted on the factory steel wheel. If I had a nicer wheel I would mount it up and carry a portable compressor. I carry my Viair in the back all the time as my truck seems to be a magnet for nails lately.
Dave, the spare tire that I'm getting with the new (used) set is the same size as the other four. But this spare is a standard black so I'm thinking that protection will not be an issue? The present OEM spare on my Truck is mounted face up so I would like to mount the new (used) spare face down when the tires are installed today. Did you find that your spare fits OK and without any wiggle being face down? Is changing out a spare difficult for one person to do?

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, the spare tire that I'm getting with the new set is the same size as the other four. But this spare is a standard black so I'm thinking that protection will not be an issue? The present OEM spare on my Truck is mounted face up so I would like to mount the new spare face down when the tires are installed today. Did you find that your spare fits OK and without an wiggle being face down? Is changing out a spare difficult for one person to do?
Paul, my spare fits perfect without any wiggle. I also have a larger tire than stock with 265/70/17 so you should be fine. Lowering it very easy just unlock and pull the plug out from the rear bumper and crank it down with the tools under the rear seat. It will crank all the way to the ground and just slip the T brace through the wheel to release it. I did buy a bottle jack to replace the factory scissor jack but that's just personal preference. :)

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Dave, the spare tire that I'm getting with the new set is the same size as the other four. But this spare is a standard black so I'm thinking that protection will not be an issue? The present OEM spare on my Truck is mounted face up so I would like to mount the new spare face down when the tires are installed today. Did you find that your spare fits OK and without an wiggle being face down? Is changing out a spare difficult for one person to do?
Flipping The Spare Tire

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paul, my spare fits perfect without any wiggle. I also have a larger tire than stock with 265/70/17 so you should be fine. Lowering it very easy just unlock and pull the plug out from the rear bumper and crank it down with the tools under the rear seat. It will crank all the way to the ground and just slip the T brace through the wheel to release it. I did buy a bottle jack to replace the factory scissor jack but that's just personal preference. :)
My tires are the same size as yours so this will work fine. Excited about how the new (used) set is going to look. Found a pic of a Saber Ranger with the charcoal's and they looked good. These new (used) tires are installed with the white letters inside and I would like them on the outside but will live with that for now to save the expense of pulling them to reverse. Have a great memorial weekend :)
Sponsored

Last edited: