First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
93 octane at Costco. I used to only use Shell V-Power (93 octane), but Costco is $1.30 less a gallon right now. Seems to run great with the FPP tune
I used to run the Shell premium in my Vette also, but damn, Shell has gotten so proud of their premium. So, I stick with QT now since they have been rated "top tier". I really don't know why Shell increased the price of their premium so much. I do run Shell regular in the Ranger 95% of the time. The other 5 is when I'm on the road, and no other choice than to use another brand. But, I try to stick with the top tier brands as much as possible.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I used to run the Shell premium in my Vette also, but damn, Shell has gotten so proud of their premium. So, I stick with QT now since they have been rated "top tier". I really don't know why Shell increased the price of their premium so much. I do run Shell regular in the Ranger 95% of the time. The other 5 is when I'm on the road, and no other choice than to use another brand. But, I try to stick with the top tier brands as much as possible.
I see the same here in New Hampshirite. Shell 93 is probably ten or fifteen cents more expensive than other brands, but their 87 is usually within five cents of other top tier stations.

Chonger

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 supercab
Just a tad under $5 USD. gross, but due to socialized medicine we don't lose our house if we get cancer.
Haha quit yer whining fellas. That guy is paying $1.66 canadian for 94 octane. Around here (Vancouver BC) we pay that for 87. If you want 94 Iike I put in my drag car it's going to cost you $1.90+

svgrdr

First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
What kind of fuel is best for the ranger. Is regular fuel good or should I use premium fuel since it had a turbo?
I use premium or mid grade. There is a big difference when cruising at low RPM around 40mph in 9th gear. It seems to vibrate less and when you do give it the beans to merge onto the highway, it's smoother acceleration and slightly less "choppy" feeling. 87 is fine but I think midgrade is the sweet spot for the way the engine is tuned from the factory.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I use premium or mid grade. There is a big difference when cruising at low RPM around 40mph in 9th gear. It seems to vibrate less and when you do give it the beans to merge onto the highway, it's smoother acceleration and slightly less "choppy" feeling. 87 is fine but I think midgrade is the sweet spot for the way the engine is tuned from the factory.
“Vibrate less” ?

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
We finally have a QT here and they usually run about 50 cents cheaper for 93 than some of the non top tier stations are charging for 91. I'll usually drive the few extra miles out of my way to get gas there.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
We finally have a QT here and they usually run about 50 cents cheaper for 93 than some of the non top tier stations are charging for 91. I'll usually drive the few extra miles out of my way to get gas there.
What is QT ?

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I use Premium. Mechanic told me that 87 can create problems in the long run.

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee