First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2wd
Occupation
Retired
I just use standard 87 octane regular. My tail pipe use to be somewhat sooty or black chalk like. I don't hot rod my truck much (just once in a wile), but it steps out when I ask it to. Due to the turbo, I called Lucas and asked them about using it in the Ranger. They said no problem, won't hurt a thing, use it as often as you like it won't harm anything. So I added it every thousand miles and it was fine. Eventually my tail pipe started to look less sooty, so I used it more often, it steadily became cleaner. Now I add it to about every other tank of gas, no ill effects in 12,000 miles that I can tell. It comes in little 5.25oz bottles $4.47 each, 1 quart bottle for about $10.00 each or 1 gallons bottles for about $26.00 each (all at Walmart). If you want to try it get 2 small bottles and a quart bottle. Refill the little bottles from the quart bottle and save some money, each refill will only cost you $1.66 instead of $4.47. I buy the gallon bottle which refills 24 little bottles and my refills cost about $1.10 each. The gas mileage has increased about 2 miles (city) or 3 (hi way) a gallon, not all that impressive but it pretty much pays for itself. At 2 miles a gallon extra fuel economy times 18 gallons that's 36 miles more per tank extra or about 1.6 gallons of fuel. 1.6 gallons times about $3. a gallon, you saved about $4.75 in fuel cost and with any luck your tail pipe will be less sooty, see the picture of my tail pipe.

IMG_3786 Screen Shot .jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 4.07.56 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 4.12.00 PM.jpg

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Strategic petroleum reserve is crude oil. I would think anything that leached into it would be removed during the refining process.
And salts won't dissolve in to petrol ( gasoline) anyway as it is a non polar solvent. They might dissolve into any water contaminant but that would have to occur after refining. Water would be removed during refining.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
I just use standard 87 octane regular. My tail pipe use to be somewhat sooty or black chalk like. I don't hot rod my truck much (just once in a wile), but it steps out when I ask it to. Due to the turbo, I called Lucas and asked them about using it in the Ranger. They said no problem, won't hurt a thing, use it as often as you like it won't harm anything. So I added it every thousand miles and it was fine. Eventually my tail pipe started to look less sooty, so I used it more often, it steadily became cleaner. Now I add it to about every other tank of gas, no ill effects in 12,000 miles that I can tell. It comes in little 5.25oz bottles $4.47 each, 1 quart bottle for about $10.00 each or 1 gallons bottles for about $26.00 each (all at Walmart). If you want to try it get 2 small bottles and a quart bottle. Refill the little bottles from the quart bottle and save some money, each refill will only cost you $1.66 instead of $4.47. I buy the gallon bottle which refills 24 little bottles and my refills cost about $1.10 each. The gas mileage has increased about 2 miles (city) or 3 (hi way) a gallon, not all that impressive but it pretty much pays for itself. At 2 miles a gallon extra fuel economy times 18 gallons that's 36 miles more per tank extra or about 1.6 gallons of fuel. 1.6 gallons times about $3. a gallon, you saved about $4.75 in fuel cost and with any luck your tail pipe will be less sooty, see the picture of my tail pipe.

use the same stuff every few fillups and have the same results. Use it in every vehicle i have and helps clean em up a bit.

svgrdr

First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
“Vibrate less” ?
When driving around 40-45mph in normal "D" Mode, the transmission holds very high gear, usually 9th or 10th and lugs the engine. If you gently press the accelerator, you'll feel the vibration from the engine under load if the transmission doesn't shift down a few gears. It happens when the engine is trying to do more work than the gear ratio is allowing. If you give a quick blip of the throttle, the transmission will downshift for more power but if you ever so slightly give it more gas very slowly, the engine will lug.

• Sad
Reactions: Doc

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of fuel is best for the ranger. Is regular fuel good or should I use premium fuel since it had a turbo?
87 Octane fine. For max power use premium, That is all I use. Good price @ Costco, though only 91 Octane anywhere in AZ

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for the info, I have been looking for one and curious what works on our Ranger

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
If you run Gas run 112, it's only about $10 a gallon and you can buy it in 50 gallon tanks, and it has no ethanol.
You will want to change out your turbos for bigger and increase your fuel rail, maybe change some internals also. Though higher octane you will most likely reduce MPG due to more fun.
Oh and save for tires, they will get expensive.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
This and the what oil threads are the cliché, beat a dead horse thread, on every single car forum since the dawn of time.
Sponsored