Front license plate bolts have very sharp edges

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
The other day I was walking around the front of the truck in the garage and with the somehow limited space, I rubbed the license plate area with my right leg. I was wearing shorts. One of the license plate bolts scratched me pretty bad, leaving double scratch lines on my thigh. I believe those sharp edges bolts are a mistake; they should have rounded edges or have rounded screw like head.
Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dremel time...

rmr76

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 (Daily), 1969 Chevy C10 (Weekend Toy)
The other day I was walking around the front of the truck in the garage and with the somehow limited space, I rubbed the license plate area with my right leg. I was wearing shorts. One of the license plate bolts scratched me pretty bad, leaving double scratch lines on my thigh. I believe those sharp edges bolts are a mistake; they should have rounded edges or have rounded screw like head.
Truth. I'm going to replace them with some smooth edged option like I did on my F150. It had these same bolts with the sharp edges, after I ripped my knee open the second time (squeezing around my truck when in the garage), I replaced them.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yep! The Sharp Edge taskforce at Ford at work again, trying their best to confound mechanics and owners with these sharp edges where ever they can fit them in! :devil::devil::devil:

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
What a Front License plate?
5D3B5191-59B9-4032-833B-AF3EFEE3561B.jpeg
Some states require two plates on a vehicle, front & back.

My screws that hold the plate in place are the same ones that have been used on all my vehicles and there aren't any sharp edges. You could always go to the hardware store and get the ones that are a rounded head.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Lawsuit!...Should be good for a couple Mil. :LOL:

OP
OP

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4

My screws that hold the plate in place are the same ones that have been used on all my vehicles and there aren't any sharp edges. You could always go to the hardware store and get the ones that are a rounded head.
The issue is the combination of the sharp edge screws with the "proud" location of the front license plate. I had two F150s before and it was not an issue.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

Lol, I was just kidding. Iā€™ve lived all over the States and World so know about front plates. Just showing off the beautiful no plate front we have here in Florida!

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Lol, I was just kidding. Iā€™ve lived all over the States and World so know about front plates. Just showing off the beautiful no plate front we have here in Florida!
Sure, go ahead and rub it in...bet your kind won't lose any sleep over the rest of us getting shredded.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m going to sharpen mine up. ā€œKeep away from my truckā€

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I noticed that too. I bought a set of rounded screws at Pep Boys. As a bonus, they had security torx heads.
Sponsored