Reaction score
Website
flic.kr
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
SalesMan
Vehicle Showcase
So I saw someone selling some fox 2.0 off of a tremor package for a good priceare those any good? Are they same as the fox 2.0’s I could directly order from fox, that was my original plan. Anyone know if they are any different.
Sponsored

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They're pretty similar with a few key differences.
1) the coilovers are not adjustable on the tremor, whereas the coilovers from Fox have a threaded shock body so you can adjust the position of the lower spring perch.

2) The Tremor rear shocks have external reservoirs mounted piggy back style whereas the normal Fox 2.0s do not. Fox sells 2.0 shocks with external reservoirs, but I'm not sure if we can get them in the Ranger kit.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm not even sure if the Tremor rear shocks fall into the 2.0 category, at a glance they look more like monotube shocks with a reservoir... You also wouldn't be able to level your truck out with just the tremor shocks, they all have a bit of factory rake so you'd still need a spacer or something to level the front.

Assuming you want a level rig, I'd probably stick with the standard Fox 2.0 kit.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not even sure if the Tremor rear shocks fall into the 2.0 category, at a glance they look more like monotube shocks with a reservoir... You also wouldn't be able to level your truck out with just the tremor shocks, they all have a bit of factory rake so you'd still need a spacer or something to level the front.

Assuming you want a level rig, I'd probably stick with the standard Fox 2.0 kit.
I'm pretty sure all Fox 2.0s are IFP monotube shocks
The resi just moves the IFP out of the main shock to allow for more fluid, and sometimes more travel.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

You do realize that the Tremor Package has the front higher by roughly 2 inches right? The rear is only changed by a very small bit.

So I saw someone selling some fox 2.0 off of a tremor package for a good priceare those any good? Are they same as the fox 2.0’s I could directly order from fox, that was my original plan. Anyone know if they are any different.
I can't speak for them myself, but if you feel the price is right then go ahead. Just be aware that they are not the same as the kit you can buy from Ford or Fox. These also are not adjustable.

Keep that in mind

OP
OP
Fletcher

Fletcher

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
flic.kr
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
SalesMan
Vehicle Showcase
You do realize that the Tremor Package has the front higher by roughly 2 inches right? The rear is only changed by a very small bit.

I can't speak for them myself, but if you feel the price is right then go ahead. Just be aware that they are not the same as the kit you can buy from Ford or Fox. These also are not adjustable.

Keep that in mind
by the not the same, do you know if they are softer or stiffer? I'm looking for better offroad abilities so preferably softer. My truck despite having FX4 is quite bouncy and uncomfortable offroad, I do though have the tow package so I imagine that makes it stiff.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
by the not the same, do you know if they are softer or stiffer? I'm looking for better offroad abilities so preferably softer. My truck despite having FX4 is quite bouncy and uncomfortable offroad, I do though have the tow package so I imagine that makes it stiff.
Your issue that you speak of is the very weak shocks from the FX4 package.

Depending on the type of OffRoad you plan to do will depend on what you should go with. Since you have a Truck I am going to assume that you will plan to put a load in the bed and tow from time to time. Because of this you most likely will want some rake in the back. Also as long as you are willing to spend the money, do yourself a favor and spend the money on an actual lift kit(not to be confused with a leveling kit). A personal recommendation would be Dobinsons IMS or the Old Man EMU BP-51'S. Both are a bit pricey, but well worth the money. Combine those with some 33's of your choice on factory wheels and you will be able to do quite a bit.

Also keep in mind that the rear locker you have will help with your OffRoad Capabilities more than one would think. I wish I had a locker on my Ranger and now I have one on my Frontier.

OP
OP
Fletcher

Fletcher

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
flic.kr
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
SalesMan
Vehicle Showcase
Your issue that you speak of is the very weak shocks from the FX4 package.

Depending on the type of OffRoad you plan to do will depend on what you should go with. Since you have a Truck I am going to assume that you will plan to put a load in the bed and tow from time to time. Because of this you most likely will want some rake in the back. Also as long as you are willing to spend the money, do yourself a favor and spend the money on an actual lift kit(not to be confused with a leveling kit). A personal recommendation would be Dobinsons IMS or the Old Man EMU BP-51'S. Both are a bit pricey, but well worth the money. Combine those with some 33's of your choice on factory wheels and you will be able to do quite a bit.

Also keep in mind that the rear locker you have will help with your OffRoad Capabilities more than one would think. I wish I had a locker on my Ranger and now I have one on my Frontier.
I appreciate the information, I'm running 33 inch K02's and they are amazing in everything, suspension has been the biggest thing I've needed to do, so thank you for the good info. I'll look into your suggestions.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the information, I'm running 33 inch K02's and they are amazing in everything, suspension has been the biggest thing I've needed to do, so thank you for the good info. I'll look into your suggestions.
Check out the @ShockSurplus youtube channel.

They have tons of information on valving and how the shocks perform in different situations. They have videos for most major brands that explain the valving differences. And different applications.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I should note, I have a tremor, with the factory fox suspension and it is great.

If you buy the used set see how many miles are on them, and find someplace local that does rebuilds and get a quote. The Tremor fox suspension can be rebuilt, and should I suspect at similar intervals as standard fox suspension....

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I should note, I have a tremor, with the factory fox suspension and it is great.

If you buy the used set see how many miles are on them, and find someplace local that does rebuilds and get a quote. The Tremor fox suspension can be rebuilt, and should I suspect at similar intervals as standard fox suspension....
One thing that I personally do not like about the Fox Suspension is the fact that Fox HIGHLY SUGGESTS rebuilding the shocks every 10,000 miles with 50/50 Street and OffRoad use....... At least they tell you, but I can't justify it on a daily

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that I personally do not like about the Fox Suspension is the fact that Fox HIGHLY SUGGESTS rebuilding the shocks every 10,000 miles with 50/50 Street and OffRoad use....... At least they tell you, but I can't justify it on a daily
I totally get that.

I think the majority of users won't notice changes in performance during normal use, they might at the limits of the suspension (hitting a speedbump at speed etc). But that probably wouldn't be more than huh, that settled differently. (2 or 3 cycles of suspension to settle vs 1 cycle)

Maintenance could also be as simple as looking at the shock bodies and shafts to ensure parts aren't damaged or leaking.

Realistically, leaking is the first sign most users will have that there is a problem....

I find it intriguing that suspension like bilatein and eibach don't "require" rebuilds and are supposed to survive 10's of thousands of mile.

It would be a good "test" for one of these shock rebuild companies to show a shock that has never been rebuilt, vs one that's rebuilt on schedule.... Talking about lifetime use of over 75k miles. That might be a better test for a test rig that cycles the shock up and down at a random height and force intervals...

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Interesting video about Ford perf vs fox perf 2 inch shocks...

shovonmshahriar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I’m thinking of selling the factory Fox 2.0s came with my ‘21 Tremor. 16K miles on’em. 100% pavement mileage, 0% off-road (that might change this summer).

PROBLEM IS… I can’t seem to figure out WTF I’m gonna replace these with?! I’m not budget restrained. All I want is not to be able to tell when going over potholes and speed bumps and this Tremor FOX2.0s aren’t doing it for me.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m thinking of selling the factory Fox 2.0s came with my ‘21 Tremor. 16K miles on’em. 100% pavement mileage, 0% off-road (that might change this summer).

PROBLEM IS… I can’t seem to figure out WTF I’m gonna replace these with?! I’m not budget restrained. All I want is not to be able to tell when going over potholes and speed bumps and this Tremor FOX2.0s aren’t doing it for me.
Welcome to owning a truck. You're going to feel every single bump in the road whether you like it or not
Sponsored

Last edited: