VentureRanger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and I've come across these 2 option, Ford Performance Fox Suspension (M-18000-RA) VS Roush Fox Suspension (422230). Personally I can't really seem to find a difference in them, except the Roush is cheaper. Just trying to get some clarity on this, it looks like they are both the FOX 2.0 IFP Performance Series suspension.

My second question would be, can I still have the front of the truck maybe 1/2" lower then the rear, mainly for payload and light towing?

Also looking at the Ranger Tremor I noticed the payload is down about 400lbs, would this be due to the fox suspension or maybe they've taken out a leaf spring?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...qCo78boAmegQmSZ_Ru4tsPA7fyh729YsaAm2gEALw_wcB

https://www.cjponyparts.com/roush-s...ieTh3o4QIJtx0BTl4DcYlnva0P16_XcgaAvBmEALw_wcB
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and I've come across these 2 option, Ford Performance Fox Suspension (M-18000-RA) VS Roush Fox Suspension (422230). Personally I can't really seem to find a difference in them, except the Roush is cheaper. Just trying to get some clarity on this, it looks like they are both the FOX 2.0 IFP Performance Series suspension.

My second question would be, can I still have the front of the truck maybe 1/2" lower then the rear, mainly for payload and light towing?

Also looking at the Ranger Tremor I noticed the payload is down about 400lbs, would this be due to the fox suspension or maybe they've taken out a leaf spring?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...qCo78boAmegQmSZ_Ru4tsPA7fyh729YsaAm2gEALw_wcB

https://www.cjponyparts.com/roush-s...ieTh3o4QIJtx0BTl4DcYlnva0P16_XcgaAvBmEALw_wcB
I'm looking at the same exact ones for the same exact reason. I don't think it removes payload as the FRPP kit has no mention of towing at all. Others on some of the other threads have said getting rid of the FX4 shocks was one of the best mods they have ever done for ride quality and towing.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
From watching the recently published videos of the Tremor It seems they have different leaf springs and anti sway bars on the Tremor. I'd guess the leafs are the reason. You should not have any loss in payload by adding the FP or Roush 2.0. BTW, Levittown Ford a sponsor on the site has the FR kit for around 1200 or a little less. Barry will get you the best deal on Ford parts around.

OP
OP
VentureRanger

VentureRanger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
From watching the recently published videos of the Tremor It seems they have different leaf springs and anti sway bars on the Tremor. I'd guess the leafs are the reason. You should not have any loss in payload by adding the FP or Roush 2.0. BTW, Levittown Ford a sponsor on the site has the FR kit for around 1200 or a little less. Barry will get you the best deal on Ford parts around.
Thanks for the help!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Levittown is great but we Canucks have to pay duty, taxes, exchange, int’l shipping, etc., etc. Sadly that $1,200 USD quickly becomes $1,800 CAD even if there are no duties.

On top of that, we get winter 10 months a year!
1613056714926.png

Is it Barry or Benny?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Ah sh*t..... right..... this is Barry. I mess that up every time just like August and September. I'm sure Benny looks nothing like Barry. And I completely missed "TORONTO" the CAD/USD thing too.
Levittown is great but we Canucks have to pay duty, taxes, exchange, int’l shipping, etc., etc. Sadly that $1,200 USD quickly becomes $1,800 CAD even if there are no duties.

On top of that, we get winter 10 months a year!
1613056714926.png

Is it Barry or Benny?
Ah sh*t..... right..... this is Barry. I mess that up every time just like August and September. I'm sure Benny looks nothing like Barry. Sorry Benny. I completely missed "TORONTO" the CAD/USD thing too.
1613059527685.png

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Hi Guys,

The Ford Performance kit uses different coil springs than the standard Fox 2.0 coilovers. There are more at least 2 more coils and the valving is tuned to Ford specs. If you look at the photos of the Roush Fox 2.0's, it appears they are using the same coil springs as the standard Fox 2.0. My guess is that the Roush kit is the same as the standard Fox 2.0's.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
After driving 37,500 miles on stock FX4 suspension, I'm not sure I trust Ford to tune any shocks ever again... I'm sure Fox kept them within sane parameters though.
Sponsored