First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Thanks Mike,Gregg and Rob. Is Forscan easy to use? Safe? I guess you need to backup info before starting. I think I need to reread the forscan thread as I set that panic alarm off all the time in my pocket.Thanks guys
Sponsored

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Mike,Gregg and Rob. Is Forscan easy to use? Safe? I guess you need to backup info before starting. I think I need to reread the forscan thread as I set that panic alarm off all the time in my pocket.Thanks guys
I don't think I would really describe it as easy. Not being a wide use consumer program it is not as polished as things like Word or other Office programs. It reminds me of most Industrial type software. I spent 28 years in a Ford assembly plant working on robots and other automation. It is a lot like the software that comes with industrial control equipment. Having said that, I will say that the newest versions of Forscan are getting more user friendly.

As far as safe goes I watched this forum and the Ford Focus RS forum on Forscan for a long time before I tried it myself. I never heard of anyone turning their vehicle into a brick or doing any major damage. :)

Yes backup first. And read the Forscan threads. There are two on this forum.

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. This one was helpful to me.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/page-9#post-107109

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I've had it on several vehicles now and I've not used it on purpose one time. There is an option to make it two presses or to disable it completely. I set it to two presses but still accidentally activated it once. I may end up totally disabling it.

Edit: Gregg, you beat me to it! :)
Mike, I hope I didn't step on your toes. Just trying to be helpful. This Forum has helped me so much. And it has cost me no telling how much money. :LOL::LOL:. I have some accessories that I probably wouldn't have had otherwise. Of all the forums that I have seen this one is almost always so civil. No derogatory posts. Just folks helping each other out and enjoying their rides.

Flapilot

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
I
Did mine yesterday. Same results. Used manufacture size spec then adjusted down until it was almost exact. Started at 2569 ended up at 2482. It works but got the U0422 code. So going back to original setting will get rid of the code?
Did you do the relearn PCM thing after? I did not.

I did Bambi mode and set the key fob panic at two presses after I was done with the tires.

I did do the PCM relearn and the code persisted.

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to be a jerk but this thread is for tire calibration. I know, I brought up key fob and bambi mode, sorry. Lets not be inconsiderate and high jack this thread. Thanks Jordan for he reply. No toes stepped on Gregg.:thumbsup:

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
If you had the choice of correcting your speedometer using FORSCAN or an aftermarket tuner, which would you use and why? I have both options and just wondering if they essentially do the same thing or if one method is superior.

cam_97

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
camslupeiks.io
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
Would you guys recommend the OBDLink EX USB? I'd rather go this route since the Bluetooth adapter is a pricier alternative and I don't want to pay for the FORSCAN iPhone app.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Would you guys recommend the OBDLink EX USB? I'd rather go this route since the Bluetooth adapter is a pricier alternative and I don't want to pay for the FORSCAN iPhone app.
This one works perfect at almost half the price

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
Is there anyone in the inland empire area that could do this for me? Id be willing to pay? Dont have a computer or else i would try it myself

cam_97

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
camslupeiks.io
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
Finally got around to calibrating my speedometer with FORScan. Worked like a charm! I ended up going with the OBDCheck MS as it was a fairly affordable option. Make sure that you have the correct drivers installed prior to attempting this or FORScan will not pick up your programming tool. Note to Mac users: you can run FORScan inside of a Windows 10 virtual machine via Virtual Box (there are a fair amount of tutorials online that will show you how to get this set up for free). If you have any questions about the process, feel free to give me a shout!

PS: No error codes on my end.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Stock: 255/65-17 - 726-12-01: xxxx 0910 xxxx

Change: 285/70-17 - 726-12-01: xxxx 09DC xxxx

Cruise set at 70mph, GPS reads 70mph. Before the change with the cruise at 70mph the GPS would indicate 75mph.
Hello everyone - I see this thread seems to be a little old and the recommended solution to fix the speedo after changing the tires has also changed. I would like to confirm what FORScan changes need to be made for my setup.

I have a 4wd 2019 Ranger Lariat.

Stock wheels and tires were 265/65/17 Hankook Dynapro AT M

New wheels/tires are 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W with Fuel Lethal 17/9 with the -12mm offset

The new wheels are 32.8 inches tall per the manufacture. That said, the tire converter tool says they are 32.7 inches tall. If I did the math correctly, the circumference is 2610mm

At first people were changing the BCM and I think the correct code for my setup would be

726-12-01: xxxx 09DC xxxx

I then read that some are just using FORScan to change the tire circumference, I guess I would put 2610.

I also read that some are getting error codes, but it sounds like we can ignore those.

At the end of the day, what is the recommended change for my setup so the speedo is correct?

Many Thanks!

IMG_4406.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

forums.jpg

Last edited:

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
I just changed the tire size setting in mm last week, and it worked perfectly, no error codes.

Though I did go a little too big, my speedo now reads about 3mph faster than gps shows, at 70mph. I'm thinking this may be due to the tire squishing with the weight of the truck, essentially making the rolling tire smaller than the static size of the tire while not supporting any weight.
Sponsored