First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger sport 4wd
Occupation
Furniture
Hey guys I finally got my adapter cable and made a few changes, I have few questions about some things I didn’t see or don’t know where to look, on auto high beam, the lights go to high beam at a certain mph, and when slowing down it looks like they go back to low beam at around 30ish mph, is there a setting to make them stay on high until a lower mph? My other trucks would dim at about 15 mph, I wish this one would do the same! And one more question, is there a setting for when I’m using steering wheel buttons for my preset radio stations that when I scroll through the 6th one, that will make it go to the next row of stations and back? I know if I hit the middle music button it will go to the next row but I have to swipe the screen to get back to the previous row! Thanks in advance for any replies!
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
that *might* be a glitch of some sort. my auto high beams do not change in relation to speed at all that i know of. just other things the truck thinks is head lights etc. you may also want to check out the threads on forescan stuff, someone else may already have dealt with the same issue.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys I finally got my adapter cable and made a few changes, I have few questions about some things I didn’t see or don’t know where to look, on auto high beam, the lights go to high beam at a certain mph, and when slowing down it looks like they go back to low beam at around 30ish mph, is there a setting to make them stay on high until a lower mph? My other trucks would dim at about 15 mph, I wish this one would do the same! And one more question, is there a setting for when I’m using steering wheel buttons for my preset radio stations that when I scroll through the 6th one, that will make it go to the next row of stations and back? I know if I hit the middle music button it will go to the next row but I have to swipe the screen to get back to the previous row! Thanks in advance for any replies!
From the owner’s manual on my 2020 XLT:
Once the system is active, the high beams turn on if:
• The ambient light level is low enough.
• There is no traffic in front of your vehicle.
• The vehicle speed is greater than approximately 32 mph (51 km/h).
The system turns the high beams off if:
• The ambient light level is high enough that high beams are not required.
• The system detects an approaching vehicle's headlamps or tail lamps.
• The vehicle speed falls below approximately 27 mph (44 km/h).
• The system detects severe rain, snow

OP
OP

Sevenznuf

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger sport 4wd
Occupation
Furniture
From the owner’s manual on my 2020 XLT:
Once the system is active, the high beams turn on if:
• The ambient light level is low enough.
• There is no traffic in front of your vehicle.
• The vehicle speed is greater than approximately 32 mph (51 km/h).
The system turns the high beams off if:
• The ambient light level is high enough that high beams are not required.
• The system detects an approaching vehicle's headlamps or tail lamps.
• The vehicle speed falls below approximately 27 mph (44 km/h).
• The system detects severe rain, snow
Yea I seen that about the speeds in my manual too, that’s why I was wondering if using forscan I can change the speeds where it gets bright and dim! Thanks for the replies

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yea I seen that about the speeds in my manual too, that’s why I was wondering if using forscan I can change the speeds where it gets bright and dim! Thanks for the replies
I'm pretty sure the intent of the speed limitations is to keep the high beams from activating on city streets where you are below those speeds, or should be. If you are in a slow situation where you feel the need for high beams, you can manually cycle them using the steering wheel stalk like always. You can get them back to auto by cycling the stalk again so the A reappears in the headlight indicator on the dash.

[EDIT] I really hate people who drive with their high beams in town.

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Well, the days are getting shorter, so I am driving in the dark. For the first time I notice that my high beams will come on by themselves, and slower that 30! I'll check other threads, but this is the first thread that showed me it wasn't a mechanical short circuit!

Beez

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
Hey Airybody.. Any FORScan guru's out there in possession of the often mentioned, but never revealed location to obtain "FORScan Spreadsheet" for the Ranger, or able to provide a link to download it?

199ld8ld7j6ynjpg.jpg

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure there isn't a "Ranger" spreadsheet - I think what most reference is an F-150 spreadsheet like the one here:

The wiki as referenced above has documented most of the settings that carry over from the F-150 to the Ranger I think.
Sponsored