First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to "New World Wokeness" order, all good situszins must pay for privilege of wantness ??
What in the hell does being "woke" have to do with companies putting in place shitty subscription models. You are getting your rants all mixed up bud. Lol
Sponsored

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
Im only a few weeks in , what am I going to lose in 3 months ? I knew about the Satellite radio being a trail but not the other stuff ...
Thought you were losing the whole truck to the repo man?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I remember when everyone hated cable companies because they were ripping them off. Everyone wanted to get rid of cable. Now every channel is going to be an app with a fee. Pretty soon when everyone figures out how much their 12 streaming services cost they'll be going back to cable.
I solved this problem by just not watching big media crap. ?‍♂

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Having Sync 3 have not had any issues other than updating.. NEW 2021 Bronco after 3 months - *If you don't pay up your GPS stops working entirely! We just found out!
Yes have have Apple car play to run to the screen but LOTS of no cell coverage can and will interupt that use.. Makes us mad!!
Is this in addition to or in place of the insane markup they've traditionally charged for nav?

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
I remember when everyone hated cable companies because they were ripping them off. Everyone wanted to get rid of cable. Now every channel is going to be an app with a fee. Pretty soon when everyone figures out how much their 12 streaming services cost they'll be going back to cable.
I'm old enough to remember life before cable TV and when cable TV was 1st being advertised it was said that if you were going to pay for a cable subscription there would be no commercials on cable. Well that certainly turned out to be BS didn't it?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
There is a thread on here where other manufacturers were doing this but I didn't know that Ford started to. No way I'm paying for something that has been free all along especially when there are other free options. Even if they're not free I'll pay someone else before I pay Ford (or any other manufacturer) for things that should be included in a 50K+ vehicle.
When I bought the 2020 Hyundai Kona it came with free use of the Hyundai App with the remote start and all the remote access for 3 years....then it's $99/yr just for the remote start. At least with Ford the App remote start is always free....or until they decide it's not anymore I guess.... ;)

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I'm old enough to remember life before cable TV and when cable TV was 1st being advertised it was said that if you were going to pay for a cable subscription there would be no commercials on cable. Well that certainly turned out to be BS didn't it?
I remember when HBO was getting its feet wet , it would just "fill time" between show start times with odd stuff... lots of times it was just shakey off road camrea footage and 7o's background music...

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
only with the Bronco for now.....
I guess someone at Ford decided that since they hadn't completely screwed the pooch with the Bronco, they could probably throw this in and say Mission Accomplished.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When I bought the 2020 Hyundai Kona it came with free use of the Hyundai App with the remote start and all the remote access for 3 years....then it's $99/yr just for the remote start. At least with Ford the App remote start is always free....or until they decide it's not anymore I guess.... ;)
Yeah my Jeep only has the first year for free then it's a subscription which I won't be paying for. I have the remote start on my fob (both vehicles) and I hardly ever use the app. The only time I do is occasionally when we're out somewhere and I second guess myself if I locked the doors I'll remote lock them.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Ah, this raises my hackles over our GE refrigerator!

Couple of years ago our Amana fridge stopped fridging.

Went and looked at new ones and found a nice GE with features we wanted so we bought it.

6 months later it starts warning about the water filter for the door water. When the time is up, the GE actually stops dispensing water and making ice.

Come to find out that you can't just use the generic water filters like everyone else, nope, you have to get the "authentic" GE filter that has an RFID tag on it at a cool cost of $50 each.

Sorry, I'm not paying $100 a year for the "privilege" of owning a GE.

It came with a bypass filter to use if you didn't have a replacement handy, so I cut up the bypass and grabbed the RFID out of it and taped it into the fridge permanently.

Now I get a warning of "Not Filtered" whenever I use it but I change the filters every 6 months with the much more reasonable generic filters.

Screw you GE. I will NEVER buy another of your products.
You do know that GE appliance is now owned by Haier and their entry level appliance line is mostly cheap made . I use an external in line water filter - I think a cartridge cost around $15 at Home Depot and will last up to 5 yrs.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if I'm missing something here.

2019 Lariat: Paying a monthly fee for the AT&T 4g Hotspot function and a yearly fee for Sirius XM. Also paid for a Navigation update by USB stick last year.

2020 Chrysler 300: Discounted monthly fee for the AT&T 4g Hotspot function. Yearly fees for Sirius XM and Sirius XM Guardian (OnStar features). I also paid for a Navigation Update by USB sticks (2) last year.

Most interesting is the image of the Sync3 Navigation update is coming back as a 'HEIC' image - I'm not being allowed to copy it for transmission....

IMG_1215 2.JPG