First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When I bought my 2019 Ranger I got 40K+ points. DO i have to save them to use for regular service or is that already covered, allowing me to use the points for accessories?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

rausa64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When I bought my 2019 Ranger I got 40K+ points. DO i have to save them to use for regular service or is that already covered, allowing me to use the points for accessories?

Thanks in advance.
I've used mine to buy parts so I would guess Ford accessories would also be included.

HTH

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If you use the points for parts or accessories, your dealer has to sell them to you on a service ticket, as though they were used as parts for a job the dealer was doing for you. It's possible but not straightforward. Don't let them tell you they can't do it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Thanks in advance.
Yes you can use them for accessories but some here have had their dealers tell them differently because their dealers had no clue I guess Both times I used mine I was lucky and just called my dealer and they ordered the part over the phone. When I picked it up at the parts counter I just took the slip to the cashier and she cashed out my points there. However you can not order parts online and use your points.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Parts department orders it , walks me over to service department to write up ticket and subtract points. Pretty painless but takes that extra step.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Anyone know if the points can be used to service a different Ford vehicle? For instance, I have a 2010 Fusion due for an oil change and would like to use them for it.

I normally change my own oil but it's a real PITA on the Fusion as it's so low and has access covers that need to be removed.

pgilbert

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Program Coordinator
Anyone know if the points can be used to service a different Ford vehicle? For instance, I have a 2010 Fusion due for an oil change and would like to use them for it.

I normally change my own oil but it's a real PITA on the Fusion as it's so low and has access covers that need to be removed.
Yes, they can - I have used mine on my wife's car. I am not sure if that depends upon the dealership or not.

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
Parts department orders it , walks me over to service department to write up ticket and subtract points. Pretty painless but takes that extra step.
I wish my experience was as easy as yours. I ended up having to visit the service department 5 times and the parts department 3 times (on top of having to wait while they found the part after I came to pick it up because the paperwork got switched around somehow). They need to figure out a more streamlined process where either the parts department can deduct the points or you can order online using your points.

Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT

Thanks in advance.
Regular service isn't covered, so you need to save the points for that if that's what you want.
Sponsored