FordPass Rewards Visa from First Bank Card

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
As a guy with a high tier credit rating I'm always looking for a good deal, I only physically carry on my person one card other than my debit card. I have gotten offers on a 'ford' bank card before but nothing that got me excited. I wanted to share some of the highlights because some of you may have already gotten and are considering or will be possibly be getting your offer in the mail. In doing so once I find a good deal on a card I want to carry I will pay off the one I'm currently using and then cancel it once the new one is activated. Like a lot of folks I got into trouble years ago when I carried multiple cards with different 'deals' and reached the point I said 'NO MORE' and got out of that rat trap...

0.0% APR first 6 months, then 14.99-25.99%
0.0% Balance transfers for 1 year/January 2022
No annual fee.
10% back in points on Ford Service.
5% back in points on ford dealership purchases.
3% back in points on gas, auto insurance, tolls & dining.
1% on all other purchases

As on ALL cards there are 'hooks', exceptions/exclusions and fine-print. I am commenting as a NON PAID individual receiving NO compensation whatsoever.
Sponsored

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
As a guy with a high tier credit rating I'm always looking for a good deal, I only physically carry on my person one card other than my debit card. I have gotten offers on a 'ford' bank card before but nothing that got me excited. I wanted to share some of the highlights because some of you may have already gotten and are considering or will be possibly be getting your offer in the mail. In doing so once I find a good deal on a card I want to carry I will pay off the one I'm currently using and then cancel it once the new one is activated. Like a lot of folks I got into trouble years ago when I carried multiple cards with different 'deals' and reached the point I said 'NO MORE' and got out of that rat trap...

0.0% APR first 6 months, then 14.99-25.99%
0.0% Balance transfers for 1 year/January 2022
No annual fee.
10% back in points on Ford Service.
5% back in points on ford dealership purchases.
3% back in points on gas, auto insurance, tolls & dining.
1% on all other purchases

As on ALL cards there are 'hooks', exceptions/exclusions and fine-print. I am commenting as a NON PAID individual receiving NO compensation whatsoever.
I got one. I like it, I use it as my main card. Like you, I have many cards, but I only carry one usually with my debit. Some of the cashback cards are likely better in some aspects, but this is still pretty good. I figure I'll use all the points for a down payment on something new one day. I really like that it pays cashback on insurance. I have 6 vehicles I pay insurance on, so it adds up quick. It's nice you can also get 0% on large dealership purchases if needed (i.e. tires).

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’m old school. If I want it that bad save for it. Don’t spend what I don’t have and ask myself when I do get cash saved, do I really need this? My credit rating is exceptional from financed purchases. Like a home, cars etc.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
I’m old school. If I want it that bad save for it. Don’t spend what I don’t have and ask myself when I do get cash saved, do I really need this? My credit rating is exceptional from financed purchases. Like a home, cars etc.
I can understand that, and believe me, I'm not buying things I can't afford. I have a ton of credit cards, but carry no debt on them. The more open credit you carry vs. debt, the higher your score can be. But, If I'm gonna buy something, I'm gonna get paid to buy it. I'm a cash back junky. Everything I can use my credit card for, I do. Then it gets paid off every Friday when I do my bills.
Ironically enough, my mortgage isn't reported to the bureaus. Small town living, I guess.

OP
OP
NickTheEnforcer

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
I can understand that, and believe me, I'm not buying things I can't afford. I have a ton of credit cards, but carry no debt on them. The more open credit you carry vs. debt, the higher your score can be. But, If I'm gonna buy something, I'm gonna get paid to buy it. I'm a cash back junky. Everything I can use my credit card for, I do. Then it gets paid off every Friday when I do my bills.
Ironically enough, my mortgage isn't reported to the bureaus. Small town living, I guess.
:)
agree 100%.
I've never needed a co-signer for anything, I dont gamble..in fact NEVER even bought a lottery ticket, dont do dope, dont chase skirts other than the one I walked down the aisle with but I do like a nice Seiko sport once and a while [watch guy] and sometimes a new firearm 'follows' me home so I have to adopt it at that point. and I spend WAY LESS than 99.999% of the guys on this forum on my Ranger. We all gotta have a hobby!

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
:)
agree 100%.
I've never needed a co-signer for anything, I dont gamble..in fact NEVER even bought a lottery ticket, dont do dope, dont chase skirts other than the one I walked down the aisle with but I do like a nice Seiko sport once and a while [watch guy] and sometimes a new firearm 'follows' me home so I have to adopt it at that point. and I spend WAY LESS than 99.999% of the guys on this forum on my Ranger. We all gotta have a hobby!
Seems we have similar hobbies ha. I joke with my wife that I wouldn't chase other women because I can't afford to. :crackup:

OP
OP
NickTheEnforcer

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seems we have similar hobbies ha. I joke with my wife that I wouldn't chase other women because I can't afford to. :crackup:
Any guy who has the cash/energy [physical OR mental] to run with more than one woman at the same time..Kudos! I've got a 'good' one and ONE is enuff for me, i dont have the bandwidth for that.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So a credit card that gives you rewards back for spending money at the dealership, which over-charges for everything under the sun including a soda out of the soda vending machines.

There is a reason that offer goes in the garbage every time I get it in the mail.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
So a credit card that gives you rewards back for spending money at the dealership, which over-charges for everything under the sun including a soda out of the soda vending machines.

There is a reason that offer goes in the garbage every time I get it in the mail.
Yeah, mine goes in the round file too.

I have my credit union credit card, their debit card and an an Amazon card (only because they gave me $70 to open it, don't use it) two paid off vehicles, paid off camper, paid off house. Have a 800 credit rating, if I need a loan I walk into my credit union and walk out with a check.

If I want something I buy it, with the financial managers (wifes) approval. :like: Don't need another piece of plastic taking up space my wallet.

Just the way I was brought up. Old school German.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser

It gives you points back everywhere, but yes, the most at the dealership. I don't buy anything at the dealer if I can help it. It's usually cheaper everywhere else. One caveat: my local dealer can usually get great deals on tires. Most of the time beats all the other online places. If I'm looking for tires, I always call them for a quote. Ford is gonna hand me some points for buying something I need anyway, at a price less than I can get somewhere else? I'll take it.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
If I may chime in, here. I used debit cards from their inception in the early 80's until a couple of years ago. I won't use one now unless I'm absolutely forced to, which so far I haven't been.

I put everything on one credit card (mine is currently a Delta-branded Amex Platinum card) and pay it off every month. I have yet to pay a penny in interest. We can go round and round over which card is the best but that's not the key point, here.

If there is a fraudulent charge on my credit card, the card company will freeze that transaction and begin investigating. I am not on the hook for it unless they find the charge is valid. With a debit card, not so. That money is gone until the bank finds proof of fraud. And guess what? How hard are they going to work with no skin in the game? They have little motivation as the money that's missing is mine, not theirs.

Do a quick search. You will find articles from Forbes on down telling you to get rid of your debit card and if you must have one, have it tied to an account that has only as much money in it as you need. Lots of stories out there about people having their entire "savings" wiped out because it was tied to the debit card, either directly or through over-draft protection.

Last edited:

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If I may chime in, here. I used debit cards from their inception in the early 80's until a couple of years ago. I won't use one now unless I'm absolutely forced to, which so far I haven't been.

I put everything on one credit card (mine is currently a Delta-branded Amex Platinum card) and pay it off every month. I have yet to pay a penny in interest. We can go round and round over which card is the best but that's not the key point, here.

If there is a fraudulent charge on my credit card, the card company will freeze that transaction and begin investigating. I am not on the hook for it unless they find the charge is valid. With a debit card, not so. That money is gone until the bank finds proof of fraud. And guess what? How hard are they going to work with no skin in the game? They have little motivation as the money that's missing is mine, not theirs.

Do a quick search. You will find articles from Forbes on down telling you to get rid of your debit card and if you must have one, have it tied to an account that has only as much money in it as you need. Lots of stories out there about people having their entire "savings" wiped out because it was tied to the debit card, either directly or through over-draft protection.
THIS! I have auto draft setup on most of my monthly expenses (mortgage, utilities, auto loans), but otherwise I'll use my AMEX, even at the grocery store. I get double points for a lot of vendors/businesses and often use the points for gift cards at the places I shop, specifically Under Armour since my kids love their stuff and they offer an additional discount for first responders. It's like getting free money.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
THIS! I have auto draft setup on most of my monthly expenses (mortgage, utilities, auto loans), but otherwise I'll use my AMEX, even at the grocery store. I get double points for a lot of vendors/businesses and often use the points for gift cards at the places I shop, specifically Under Armour since my kids love their stuff and they offer an additional discount for first responders. It's like getting free money.
See how many of your monthly expenses can be put on your AmEx, as well. Not only does it make one less place that has your checking info, it builds up those points quickly! :)

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
See how many of your monthly expenses can be put on your AmEx, as well. Not only does it make one less place that has your checking info, it builds up those points quickly! :)
My sister does everything on her credit card that earns traveling points. She even pays her mortgage, utilities and leased car payment with it so she can earn the points. She just makes one payment per month to her credit card. She has traveled everywhere (no kids) and says most of it is points used for airfare. With 3 kids, two of which are under 8, we rarely travel. It has crossed my mind to use the AMEX like she does her CC. $5500 a month in expenses would be a significant amount of points earned toward gift cards.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My sister does everything on her credit card that earns traveling points. She even pays her mortgage, utilities and leased car payment with it so she can earn the points. She just makes one payment per month to her credit card. She has traveled everywhere (no kids) and says most of it is points used for airfare. With 3 kids, two of which are under 8, we rarely travel. It has crossed my mind to use the AMEX like she does her CC. $5500 a month in expenses would be a significant amount of points earned toward gift cards.
That's exactly what we are doing. I wish I could've done this in the years where I had kids and was blowing through a lot more money!!! Even in retirement, though, it's nice to see my SkyMiles going up each month just for paying bills.
Sponsored