First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Of course it is, Ford got a lot of flak about just this sort of game playing from the Bronco launch, dealers demanding more than the $100 deposit, and you can find flippers all over.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
There is a massive amount of info here:

⚡ Lightning - Reservations, Ordering, Pricing, Production, Delivery | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

get in the weeds here:

Ford Warns Dealers Against Additional Deposit / Payment Requirements For Lightning Orders. Supports No-Resale Provisions in Purchase Contracts | Page 6 | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

I ordered a chevy electric silverado because the model I want (lightning PRO) is being produced in relatively small numbers %-wise, and the dealer can't tell me what models will be available when they get to my wave. Not interested in the Platinum/Lariat ext range. just too pricey. I have yet to get an email from the FORD dealer I ordered the lightning from (bought 4 other Fords there) and already have 2 emails and a phone conv. with the Chevy dealer. Apparently someone is paying attention to Ford's launch.

Hard to believe after the launch of the explorer and Bronco Ford will screw this up just as bad.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Ford is ran by clowns.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Got to remember Ford has been the no. 1 pickup with the F150 for the last 40+ years. A lot is riding on this one. That’s how they’re going to save face from the Bronco launch. If they don’t pin the tail on this donkey the party’s over.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Got to remember Ford has been the no. 1 pickup with the F150 for the last 40+ years. A lot is riding on this one. That’s how they’re going to save face from the Bronco launch. If they don’t pin the tail on this donkey the party’s over.
I agree but this really show that Ford is only out for themselves. Basically the hell with all the Bronco reservations holders, let them get screwed with 10K-30K markups but lets save our own butts with the Lightning.:rolleyes:

It makes zero sense what's going on as there's someone who just ordered their Bronco on 11/27/21 and already has a build date for 2/14/22. There's still first day reservation holder who still don't have theirs. I was talking with my buddy from back east on Friday and his wife has a second day reservation (#3 at the dealer) at on of the largest Ford dealers in WMA and still doesn't have hers either. So even the allocation system isn't working because this dealer does a lot of volume and a lot of commercial sales too.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I wouldn't want a Lightning, even if it wasn't the price of a house and the complexity of an F16.
That being said, those restrictions sound a lot less draconian than some from the past.
In fact they seem down right reasonable and in the best interest of both Ford and the buyer.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
What a joke! Screw over 100,000+ Bronco order holders but lets now try and save face with the Lightning. :facepalm:
F-150 is their bread and butter.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I realize that but after waiting for 25 years for the Bronco's return there were so many waiting to get one. To have over 100K reservations in the first couple days tells it all so whether or not "it's their bread and butter" they still screwed everyone by changing to an allocation and allowing big dealers to mark them up. By doing this with the Lightning Ford is really showing they could care less about its customers and are only worried about profits. Otherwise they wouldn't have changed the rules with the Bronco and every reservation holder would've had theirs by the end of '22 baring major parts constraints. Now some like myself have to wait 4 years.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
That's mainly because they've managed to completely duck up their ability to build and sell ANYTHING else. IMO it's more likely that they'll eventually manage to screw up either building or selling f150s (or both) than it is that they have a unique ability to only be able to build and sell full size trucks competently.
Sponsored