Ford ranks among worst in JD Power customer service survey of 2020-2022 vehicles

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Well, had my 21 since new, and issue free so far so can't complain at all, I haven't been back to the dealer as i do all of my own work, have to justify all of those tools to the boss. Lots of accessories installed as well as wiring for towing and aux braking and other stuff, all without any problems with the CANBUS giving up codes. So I am very happy with the truck and do not plan to get rid of it any time soon. Only complaint is it could have better gas mileage.
Sponsored

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Not the kind of news we want to hear. Ford is ranked among the worst, according to the 2023 J.D. Power U.S. Customer Service Index Study. It's the first time in nearly 3 decades they've experienced a dip in satisfaction overall. Ford and Lincoln customers failed to give top ratings in any category, including trucks while while rival General Motors ranked in all top categories with its Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC and Buick brands. The sad part is, Ford ranks last tied with....RAM. :( It looks like all the recalls and warranty work have caught up with them and something needs to change fast.

IDK but it seems like ever since Farley took over a couple years ago things have started going south. Might be time for a changing of the guard. :captain:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-ranks-among-worst-jd-130051799.html
It's more than just quality of vehicle, I hold expectations that new vehicles will always have a kink of two. It's what the warranty is for. My beef and I gave horrible marks for is their Customer Service. Some of us work sun up to sun down, don't have an option to just phone in. Tell them that on one of their chats and if you can get an email they get very annoyed you don't call instead. I've already had it with their main chat, Facebook chat and accessories email over all weather floor liners I ordered a month ago. Their response call the dealership. The dealership wouldn't know anything as I ordered online through the accessories site. Yes I have for dealer pick up but they're only going to know when it's dropped off. I've already said they have issues as I have had no communication as to any delays. It took 3 weeks to just to process my order and now no information about shipping at all or if the part is on back order. Not the first time I have had problems, Ford kicked one of my orders out of the system so I went to the dealer and ordered the parts there. Tell them you don't get the option to call and they just say you have to call. So I left a very bad survey on them about reading comprehension and not everyone can call when the call center is open.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
This is such a difficult thing to measure. I love my truck, but I hate my dealers (all of them. In 50 miles. They all suck the big hairy meatball.).

The problem is you can't survey people and keep the two separate. Dealer experience will dictate the score. Also, couple that with the 'rona issues, and its a recipe for disaster. I don't know what Chevy did different, as I don't have a Chevy, but I also don't think Mother Ford is the whole problem. Chevy owners are mostly backwoods folks, so maybe they expect less? (that's a joke)

When I worked for a TV provider, we started CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) surveys and scoring. The prompt said specifically that the score they were requesting (1-10 scale) was to be ONLY about the person they spoke to on the phone. Not about the service in general. Not about price. Only the service they received from the agent they spoke with. At the end, they could leave a voice recording to share why they gave that score. In almost all negative reviews of the agent (anything less than 5), the voice recording mentioned that the agent was great but the price was too high or the service was interrupted too often. Didn't matter though, agent bonuses were tied to the score and negative scores didn't get reviewed to see if the agent was the problem or not. We also learned that a person who is happy with (whatever your are talking about) will tell, on average, one to two people about it. A person who is unhappy will tell 10+ people about it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My view is different I suppose. I got an end of year 2020. That’s weeks before it hit the fan hard and the shutdown started. Other than the deleted parts on delivery it’s been a non event for me. Nothing, zilch, nada. If you look at the total number of Rangers sold since 5G started this forum is only a small percentage of all owners. In honesty we’re more refined in our knowledge of what’s a potential problem and what’s hype. Yes some of us have had some pretty major difficulties to deal with. But by large it’s still a very small percentage overall. So, for the most part many of us are satisfied with our decision to get a Ranger and with the direction we’re possibly heading in more than likely hanging on to what we know now.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
My view is different I suppose. I got an end of year 2020. That’s weeks before it hit the fan hard and the shutdown started. Other than the deleted parts on delivery it’s been a non event for me. Nothing, zilch, nada. If you look at the total number of Rangers sold since 5G started this forum is only a small percentage of all owners. In honesty we’re more refined in our knowledge of what’s a potential problem and what’s hype. Yes some of us have had some pretty major difficulties to deal with. But by large it’s still a very small percentage overall. So, for the most part many of us are satisfied with our decision to get a Ranger and with the direction we’re possibly heading in more than likely hanging on to what we know now.
Anymore Service Advisors REALLY hate when someone walks in who has actual mechanical hardware, and software knowledge. One of the reasons I just really hate going to any repair shop, dealer or non-dealer because I can walk in state exactly what the problem is and they get flustered that they can't do their ''diagnostic'' or tell me I don't know otherwise I wouldn't be there. Technically I wouldn't if I had my own indoor lift and full Snap-On $150K tool set/cart that leaves me and my grandkids in debt for that $50 a week payment plan. But I don't so guess what, I have to go to a shop to get repairs done but doesn't mean I will find what the problem is and then say fix it. I'm going to pull resources as well, share what I have learned when I have learned to avoid any other owners from paying extra. Although I don't side with ''Armchair Mechanics'' because everybody is a ''mechanic'' but yet strangely don't know how to diagnose or just do the job their self while claiming they can do it faster than what the book calls for. The Service and their Customer Service is lacking in being good. Its either hit or miss and that is anything but acceptable.

We needed a truck, there was just no getting around it, the Ranger was more readily available then the Colorado/Canyon twins, priced better as well. Frontier well even the ''refresh'' since its really just the same truck with different sheet metal on the outside, was/is still extremely outdated and more expensive. I won't own another new Toyota either, the Ranger has served well, it went down to Florida and back, its going down again at the end of next month. I've had a hiccup or two but anything serious? No, again I have an attitude about new vehicles, they will have a kink or two it's what the warranty is for. Let the Dealership mess with it while under warranty, its a free repair and excuse to walk the lot.

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
My Father when he was alive ran a string of warehouses that covered everything east of the Mississippi. They ran Ford trucks exclusively. He got so fed up with a couple of ford dealers that he sent a memo out that absolutely no ford dealers service department would be used for anything. each warehouse manager was to find a local shop that could be trusted and take their vehicles to them for service. Not sure how much it cost ford in business but it was a bundle.

I have a dealer close to me who, so far, I have had great success with. Their sales dept has gone south, their used car estimator is a moron but their service dept has been top notch.
Sponsored