Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Got my order placed for the exhaust today. They said they are built to order so its about a week out.
Magnaflow or Ford/Borla?
Sponsored

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Magnaflow or Ford/Borla?
Ford version, Im a firm believer that borla is the better exhaust company.. Just hope it doesn't sound like a fart can on a civic.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford version, Im a firm believer that borla is the better exhaust company.. Just hope it doesn't sound like a fart can on a civic.
Nice, I hope you'll take some video for us after the install? :D

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, I hope you'll take some video for us after the install? :D
Without a doubt.. :handsinair:

Would you be so kind and look under your truck sometime and see if there is a clamp just before the muffler? I need to find out if i have to cut the exhaust... would prefer to have it welded on if i have to cut it. :please:

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Without a doubt.. :handsinair:

Would you be so kind and look under your truck sometime and see if there is a clamp just before the muffler? I need to find out if i have to cut the exhaust... would prefer to have it welded on if i have to cut it. :please:
There IS a clamp!
20190304_170233.jpg

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There IS a clamp!
20190304_170233.jpg
Oh dang!! Did not see that coming! Auto makers used to NEVER make exhaust changes easy. Glad ford is accepting people want to mod their vehicles. On my mustang it was a super easy to bolt on headers, xpipe, and mufflers or lack there of.

Thank you!! :like:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
On Friday they added two new items for the Ranger, the chase rack and the led light bar, but you can only find them if you sort by new items or search 'ranger'.
So why would someone buy these lights rather than third party?

Warning-this part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation on a vehicle intended for use on public roads may violate U.S., Canadian, state or provincial laws and regulations including those relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards. In addition, installation of this part may adversely affect the warranty coverage on your vehicle.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So why would someone buy these lights rather than third party?

Warning-this part has been designed and is intended for off-highway application only. Installation on a vehicle intended for use on public roads may violate U.S., Canadian, state or provincial laws and regulations including those relating to emission requirements and motor vehicle safety standards. In addition, installation of this part may adversely affect the warranty coverage on your vehicle.
They're made by Rigid, if you read the details on their site it'll have the same or a similar disclaimer.

Last edited:

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
@RCMUSTANG Couple of Q's --- Was your Fusion a 2.3 EB also ? Which Flowmaster did you use ? How did it sound ? Any drone issues ? Thanks !!!
I can tell you it wasnā€™t a 2.3. Probably a 2.0 since the sport just came out last year and Iā€™m sure he didnā€™t get rid of a one year old car.

I have a 17 Sport 2.7 eco AWD. Didn't get rid of it. I used a pair of these 17226 Flowmasters. Zero drone. Here's a clip of what it sounds like.

Getting rid of my 95 4.0 4x4 Ranger.

Last edited:

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Magnaflow or Ford/Borla?
I had a 2-1/4" Magnaflow catback on my 2003 Focus, and it sounded wonderful. Looking forward to each company's and all of y'alls' sound clips!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
They're made by Rigid, if you read the details on their site it'll have the same or a similar disclaimer.
Right, but then you're not paying the official Ford parts premium--which people usually justify because at least it's covered by Ford.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m strongly considering just buying a new muffler. If the piping isnā€™t a larger diameter than stock then why replace all of it at a higher cost?
Well having two 2.25ā€ pipes vs one 3ā€ pipe does increase flow rate over stock. If you want to go the cheap route just buy a muffler made for the mustang and have it welded in. Just needs to be made to cancel out the resonance of the exhaust.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Well having two 2.25ā€ pipes vs one 3ā€ pipe does increase flow rate over stock. If you want to go the cheap route just buy a muffler made for the mustang and have it welded in. Just needs to be made to cancel out the resonance of the exhaust.
Ah yes I now see that the ford exhaust does that. I was focusing on the magnaflow exhaust which is single all the way.

Joe Holcomb

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS Durango SRT
Vehicle Showcase
Custom dual system upcoming, stay tuned for details.....
Sponsored