Ford Performance Engine Calibration Compatibility With 2021 Models?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not quite. Came across a post from a guy with a 21 that tried...got a bunch of error codes and wasn't able to upload the tune. Seems that since Ford has the vIN tied to the tuning software somehow it knows that its not a 19-20 and says no bueno.

I did however talk to Livernois today, and they did in fact confirm that their tuner/tunes will work on the 21s. So it's either play the waiting game with Ford to have the tune covered under warranty, or take my business to Livernois and hope I don't end up have to use the Magnusson-Moss precedent for warranty coverage should the need arise. Livernois does have an impeccable record so, probably not a concern. They are also a local company for me, geographically speaking, which is nice....then again, so is Ford, technically.

I'll probably stick it out for a month or two to see how things shake out with Ford. Based on the tone of the email I received, they are more than aware that this is an issue. Time will tell. At least there is a plan B.
Hi Jason,

Having delt with CARB...it is like pushing on a rope to make it move..... These California bureaucrats are the pits....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I was told the average car certification is over 2,000 pages long and it goes to 6 people.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
Hi Jason,

Having delt with CARB...it is like pushing on a rope to make it move..... These California bureaucrats are the pits....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

"CARB, ruining motoring in America since 1967."

I do like your analogy though. Pretty much how I figured it goes around there.
Sponsored