Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
So I took the truck in to the dealer on Friday for an oil change and tire rotation. It is now Monday and the Ford pass app still says the oil life is at 43%. Has anyone else had this issue? Do I have to manually reset it somehow? This dealership seems very reputable so I highly doubt they would have not changed the oil and then played it off like they did.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
So I took the truck in to the dealer on Friday for an oil change and tire rotation. It is now Monday and the Ford pass app still says the oil life is at 43%. Has anyone else had this issue? Do I have to manually reset it somehow? This dealership seems very reputable so I highly doubt they would have not changed the oil and then played it off like they did.
has it been reset on your dash?
did you do a Ford Pass refresh? I just pulled up mine and it was updated 15 hours ago, so I clicked the little refresh below my ranger pic and it's now updated.

OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
has it been reset on your dash?
did you do a Ford Pass refresh? I just pulled up mine and it was updated 15 hours ago, so I clicked the little refresh below my ranger pic and it's now updated.
I personally did not reset anything on the dash, I'm assuming the dealer didn't either.

Regarding the ford pass refresh, mine says it refreshed this morning when i drove it to work. I guess I need to look at manually resetting it on the dash. Seems odd that I would need to do that. It's supposed to be an intelligent oil life monitor, so I would think it would know when the oil has been changed, since it is supposed to be monitoring the quality of it.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I personally did not reset anything on the dash, I'm assuming the dealer didn't either.

Regarding the ford pass refresh, mine says it refreshed this morning when i drove it to work. I guess I need to look at manually resetting it on the dash. Seems odd that I would need to do that. It's supposed to be an intelligent oil life monitor, so I would think it would know when the oil has been changed, since it is supposed to be monitoring the quality of it.
Yes, there is a re-set on the dash controls, some times they forget to re-set it. Dealing w/ fleet vehicles and all the 100's of oil changes I've had done for companies I've worked for it's just a normal thing that I always check to see if it's been re-set to 100% oil life.
There is no vehicle made with an intelligent oil-life monitor that does an auto re-set when the oil is changed that I know of.

upload_2019-11-18_8-58-29.png

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, there is a re-set on the dash controls, some times they forget to re-set it. Dealing w/ fleet vehicles and all the 100's of oil changes I've had done for companies I've worked for it's just a normal thing that I always check to see if it's been re-set to 100% oil life.
There is no vehicle made with an intelligent oil-life monitor that does an auto re-set when the oil is changed that I know of.

At least it is easy to reset. Both my Honda and 2016 C-Max have a hidden combination of key sequence/buttons/etc to press and hold in order to reset it. On the Ranger it is as simple as navigating to the screen and holding down the OK button until it resets. Just like resetting the MPG stats.

OP
OP
Arc Ranger

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Awesome, thanks so much for the info. I will reset mine on my lunch break today.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It's supposed to be an intelligent oil life monitor, so I would think it would know when the oil has been changed, since it is supposed to be monitoring the quality of it.
There is no "oil sensor" that actively monitors oil quality. What it can do, though, is keep a log of how many miles have been driven and what type of driving those miles were. So hard driving will count more against your oil life than highway driving.
Sponsored