First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Manufacturing is an absolute disaster right now. From parts to assembly to delivery. I don’t see it getting better to mid 2022 if things start to improve soon.
Manufacturers will take care of the larger dealers because they have more to lose and more to gain. Sad but that’s big business.
This is true but in the meantime Ford is screwing over their customers. If Ford initially said we're going by an allocation system that would be different. But I'm guessing a few of the big owners got together with Ford and didn't like the timestamp system as they knew their dealerships wouldn't get as many as the smaller ones because they (the smaller dealer) were offering better incentives.

My dealer is offering invoice pricing plus an additional $2000 off where the larger dealers are at full msrp plus ADM's. In other words the larger dealers can now screw customers with high markups thanks to Ford!
Sponsored

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
This is true but in the meantime Ford is screwing over their customers. If Ford initially said we're going by an allocation system that would be different. But I'm guessing a few of the big owners got together with Ford and didn't like the timestamp system as they knew their dealerships wouldn't get as many as the smaller ones because they (the smaller dealer) were offering better incentives.

My dealer is offering invoice pricing plus an additional $2000 off where the larger dealers are at full msrp plus ADM's. In other words the larger dealers can now screw customers with high markups thanks to Ford!
Sounds just like our government give big corporations whatever they want and screw the little man.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ford really just screwed Bronco order holders again! They put out their new allocation formula yesterday for the '22 year and it's basically screwing over every small dealership that has a Bronco reservation and rewarding big dealerships. Ford initially said the EVERY order would be filled by reservation timestamp but then the larger dealerships complained and Ford changed to an allocation system.

In other words a small town dealership like Granger Ford in IA where me and Jim @wanted33 bought ours who has 1075 orders will only get 150-220 at best filed in 2022. At this rate I'd be lucky to see mine until 2024, right in time for the next Gen Bronco! :mad:

I know I've said I'm a huge Ford fanboy but honestly Ford can go #@!& themself if this is how they're going to treat their customers and their smaller dealers. This is what they want to do going forward, a reservation based system where you have to special order your vehicle and only have limited dealer stock. I know other launches might not be as disastrous as the Bronco launch as there was a 25 year hiatus but it's still a BS move by Ford to change the rules to benefit their big time dealers instead of HONORING their original agreement. There are a lot of unhappy Bronco order holders now and I hope Ford gets an earful in the coming weeks, probably won't do any good though. Sorry for the long rant but it's not the news I wanted to hear this Saturday morning. /rant over....for now :sunglasses:
I couldn't agree more Dave. The Nissan Frontier is looking better, and better. The way I off road it would serve me just fine. I've bought nothing but Fords for my DD's since 1986. And if this is the way they are going to treat their regular loyal customers from here on out, too hell with 'em.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Ford marketing has hit paydirt with this reservation system. It feels more and more like a social experiment than a service.
They know how quick people are to reserve, the rate of cancellations vs new reservations. Take rates for certain builds and features. How people react to delays, production changes, various other controllable changes. They see how people react to market changes outside of their control. I’m sure they have no problem with potential Bronco buyers (I had two reservations, cancelled one in January) jumping to other Ford products. All indications point to the Bronco being a strong product for the first couple years, at least. When demand outstrips supply this significantly, the consumer will never come out on top.

It stings though. Reservation holders absolutely have the right to be frustrated and upset with most of what has happened.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
What a mess. What baffles me is why not just do what they said they were going to in the first place? Use the timestamp as your place holder and build them in order. If there's a parts constraint for a certain build go to the next timestamp and come back to the other one once the parts are available. :crazy:
I remenber a time in the distant past that Ford said they would do exactly that. Of course that when out with the wash water, and they threw a big 'ol screwing on us.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I remenber a time in the distant past that Ford said they would do exactly that. Of course that when out with the wash water, and they threw a big 'ol screwing on us.
Jim, I feel bad for Zach @ Granger Ford as he's doing everything possible for us and Ford is screwing him along with all of us. I love how he's now offering a Jeep a 4% under invoice as a big FU to Ford in a roundabout way. lol

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I love what the owner of Granger Ford is doing. They also own a Jeep dealership right next door and are offering their order holders a Jeep instead at 4% under invoice. lol

Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.
I haven't got there to read the post yet, been hung up on this one. But strangely enough I was actually looking at the Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk w/the 5.7L. Ummmmmm, I wonder if he'll include one of those?

Last edited:

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Ford really just screwed Bronco order holders again! They put out their new allocation formula yesterday for the '22 year and it's basically screwing over every small dealership that has a Bronco reservation and rewarding big dealerships. Ford initially said the EVERY order would be filled by reservation timestamp but then the larger dealerships complained and Ford changed to an allocation system.

In other words a small town dealership like Granger Ford in IA where me and Jim @wanted33 bought ours who has 1075 orders will only get 150-220 at best filed in 2022. At this rate I'd be lucky to see mine until 2024, right in time for the next Gen Bronco! :mad:

I know I've said I'm a huge Ford fanboy but honestly Ford can go #@!& themself if this is how they're going to treat their customers and their smaller dealers. This is what they want to do going forward, a reservation based system where you have to special order your vehicle and only have limited dealer stock. I know other launches might not be as disastrous as the Bronco launch as there was a 25 year hiatus but it's still a BS move by Ford to change the rules to benefit their big time dealers instead of HONORING their original agreement. There are a lot of unhappy Bronco order holders now and I hope Ford gets an earful in the coming weeks, probably won't do any good though. Sorry for the long rant but it's not the news I wanted to hear this Saturday morning. /rant over....for now :sunglasses:
I am in the same boat....have been waiting since July 2020 and may not even get mine in 2022. A 2 year wait....maybe 3. Time for you, me and others to send in letters to the CEO and Ford's Board.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am in the same boat....have been waiting since July 2020 and may not even get mine in 2022. A 2 year wait....maybe 3. Time for you, me and others to send in letters to the CEO and Ford's Board.
I don't do any social media but you can bet I'll be calling Ford first thing Monday. It most likely won't do any good but it might if they start getting inundated with calls. My girlfriends daughter is the social media queen so I'll have her fire off some Tweets and Facebook posts.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I don't do any social media but you can bet I'll be calling Ford first thing Monday. It most likely won't do any good but it might if they start getting inundated with calls. My girlfriends daughter is the social media queen so I'll have her fire off some Tweets and Facebook posts.

I'm not a social media savant by no means, so tell her to put my name in there too. :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I haven't got there to read the post yet, been hung up on this one. But strangler enough I was actually lookingat the Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk w/the 5.7L. Ummmmmm, I wonder if he'll include one of those?
Might as well go all out and get a Jeep Wrangle with the 392 Hemi. ?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Sorry to hear Dave. Shame on Ford for sure for not properly executing a game plan and constantly changing it up. I wonder if it was just unlucky or stupidity to launch a popular vehicle with how covid affected EVERYTHING.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry to hear Dave. Shame on Ford for sure for not properly executing a game plan and constantly changing it up. I wonder if it was just unlucky or stupidity to launch a popular vehicle with how covid affected EVERYTHING.
They've been talking about the new Bronco for years. They finally set the date and Covid just happened to come along so now Ford and everyone else has to just deal with it. Them changing the rules in the middle of the game is all on Ford. This is only day one so I hope/expect this to gain steam in the days ahead.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
They've been talking about the new Bronco for years. They finally set the date and Covid just happened to come along so now Ford and everyone else has to just deal with it. Them changing the rules in the middle of the game is all on Ford. This is only day one so I hope/expect this to gain steam in the days ahead.
I really hope it turns out for the better that you can get your Bronco sooner than later but I’d be very disgruntled and completely understand why you would pick up a different toy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.