First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Ok a disclaimer, my father was a Ford mechanic for his lifetime and my brother too.
That said I’ve owned different brands of vehicles but I keep coming back to Ford.. I find each brand has a different “feel” to them from driving, seating, visibility etc…

I like Cadillac V series sedans but I’m a truck person at heart..

I’ve noticed in the Ranger 5G and new Maverick forums that there is more of an instant gratification loyalty, More so in the Maverick forum. Yeah maybe it’s just impatience in today’s world but there is a lot of whining like waiting for a new video gaming console to come out.

Yeah at 64 I guess I’m just old school and experienced but it bugs the crap out me… just saying.. Maybe it’s just youths (utes) that will someday figure it out.

Ford didn’t get by being a slouch but they had their moments… Sometimes you gotta make a stand..

Rant over…
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I started of a Chevy guy, my first car I worked and paid for was a Camaro. Then moved to Dodge when the SRT4, SRT8 and the VIPER hit. Now Im buying Ford vehicles bc of availability compared to prices where I live. The next vehicle Ill buy will be another Ford. They have stepped up and have the best trucks on the road. The one thing Im staying loyal to is the American Brand. I never have and never will purchase a foreign vehicle(as long as I have a choice) even while living out of the States.

Dont get me wrong, I love the world of different brands and makes we have. If someone gave me a super or hyper car though, I would sale it for several other American Brand cars. I would definitely get an ACR Viper and a few High end Ford performance cars. I lost interest in Chevy.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a Ford guy. No matter if I owned it or drove it as my Sheriff's ride. They set up the drivers controls logically for me (although I wish my Rangers HVAC controls lit up) I just bought my wife an immaculate lease trade in Lincoln MKX Reserve AWD since we couldn't find a Bronco sport plus her Fusion trade in value had gone up 2k in 11 months which paid it off plus a little extra. I had an 82 mustang gt then later an 84 Mercury Cougar.
Cannot recall any major recalls on my Fords that had it off the street more than 2 days.

My Dad had a DODGE car that literally fell apart as soon as the 12 month new car warranty ran out. The telescoping wheel broke away from the mounts and landed in his lap. That fast extra weight then broke the driver's seat back so at 55mph he was braking on the interstate while looking at the roof.

My Dodge Sheriff's rides all had alot of problems. Burning electrical harnesses transmission, water pumps, radiators. Something about owning a vehicle from a company that's gone bankrupt twice in my lifetime bugs me and I steer clear.
I did own a Chevy chevette that had problems. And I've owned 1 foreign vehicle a Datsun pickup bought new in 1982, owned it 9 months, it was in the shop for 6 months, catalytic converter fell off. Clutch went out. Threw a rod and the starter went out.

Last edited:

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
I have driven everything from my 88 Ranger single cab 5 speed, 05 F150 SCrew FX4, 14 F150 SCrew 4x4, Ram 3500 dually 6 speed manual, 17 Colorado with the babymax, 17 ram 1500 to my Lariat Tremor and to be honest the 05 F150, 14 F150 and this Ranger are the most truck feeling trucks, minus the 3500 cuz umm Dually. I am a Ford tech and I spent 6 years out of Ford vehicles due to availability of what I wanted. I am glad I am back in one again and will stay in one forever. Ford for life!!

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Grew up in Dearborn Heights, dad worked in Dearborn. FoMoCo put food on the table. I’m loyal for sure.
My Ranger is the 12th Ford I have owned out of 13 cars (there was a used Honda Accord for a couple years). It’s to the point now that it just feels familiar.

I know what you are saying about the instant gratification. Companies benefit from extreme consumer engagement. Track the order, build, and delivery progress… The more they give, the more we want, and the more frustrated we get when it doesn’t go to plan.
I realize I am part of this group sometimes. Just today I was a little frustrated I could not get a propane splitter delivered same-day from Amazon. I mean, now I have to wait until possibly the end of tomorrow? Ugh! And that is a $24 piece of brass.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
It’s fair to say that I have no brand loyalty. I purchase whatever I like best from whatever company produces it. My current Ranger is my 5th Ford, preceded by a 1969 Mustang, 1990 Taurus, 1964 Galaxy, and a 2000 Escape. Based solely on reliability (we loved driving it) the 1990 Taurus is a strong competitor for the title of “worst car ever,” losing only to a Chevy Vega. I have owned more Volkswagens (13) than any other brand. My son works for a large Toyota dealer, so I have owned ten of them, and the Ranger currently shares the garage with a 2021 Prius Prime.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I come from a Ford family. My husband bought a late model GMC Sierra late year though. It's a nice truck, but I've always liked the ergonomics of a Ford better. I did own a used Jeep for two years, but had chronic electric problems and after dumping $1500 into trying to get it fixed with no luck, off to the auction it went... for that reason, I'd never buy another Chrysler product.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
“Utes”. Lol, love it!

I definitely agree about a manufacturer having a “feel” to them and I guess as I’ve gotten older, I’m a Ford guy. My last 5 trucks went Ford, Ford, Ram, Ram, Toyota and now I am SO happy to be back in a Ford, it feels like home.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I wouldn't say I'm brand loyal. But I have had some brands, Ford being one, treat me better than others.

I wouldn't have a problem with another brand of truck if they made something I liked.

Grew up with a hottrodder for an old man. He preferred Ford vehicles with GM powertrains.

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
I'm loyal to whomever makes a quality product that meets my needs. I don't mind changing teams with each vehicle purchase if necessary.

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I’m probably the odd man out. I try to figure out what will meet my needs for the life of the vehicle. I buy new and drive them until there’s nothing left. I have a ‘98 C2500. It was thousands less than a Dodge or Ford at the time and drove and rode more comfortably. It’s been very reliable. I have a ‘16 Toyota Corolla. It’s cheap to own and has been a super reliable daily driver. I decided, since we go to out of the places, it was time to go ahead and get a newer tow vehicle. I did calculations and decided I needed 7000lbs towing capacity and 1800lbs payload minimum. Guess what the cheapest vehicle available in the US to meet those specs is? I ordered a 2WD SuperCrew XLT with locking rear and tow package in mid March. It came in mid August. It has 1828lbs payload. I don’t know how long it will last with all the electronics. My expectation for every vehicle is 20 years. The Corolla replaced a 2002 Subaru. It was a piece of junk and I spent lots of time and money to keep it on the road. I’ll never buy another Subaru.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
OK I'm with you, but what does that actually mean these days? Made in America? Profits go back to America? Hmmm.
It has to mean American Brand, bc everything is a Frankenstein these days.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm Dave and I'm a Ford Fanboy! ?

I had other brands when I was younger but when I started my business I had an older Ford van with three on the tree. Gradually bought newer and when Ford redesigned the F150 back in '95 is when I bought my first F150. Bought a new one every 3 years since expect for one year "2001 I had one of my Chevy friends talk me into trying a Silverado. Never did like that truck and sold it one year late and back into a Ford up until 2016 when I sold the business and moved out here. Bought a Tacoma then and hated that too, so glad Ford came back out with the Ranger. Will definitely be looking into the new PHEV Ranger in Gen 6.
Sponsored