Ford Leveling Kit

AJSimmon

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4WD Silver Crew
I am considering purchasing the Ford Leveling Kit and I am having a hard time justifying the cost. Has anyone had the Ford kit installed? If so, what size tires are you running? Is it worth the money? Thank you.
Sponsored

Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering purchasing the Ford Leveling Kit and I am having a hard time justifying the cost. Has anyone had the Ford kit installed? If so, what size tires are you running? Is it worth the money? Thank you.
I asked my service advisor at my dealer about it and he told me they didn't do it and referred me to a local 4x4 shop.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Search the forum there has been much discussion on this subject here is an example:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/front-leveling-kit-best-bang-for-buck.7328/

To answer your question I am happy with mine along with the BFG KO LT265/70R 17

One thing to think about If you use a dealer or certified installer (see FPP warrantee) you should have less problems with Ford if you have any warrantee issues. That is worth some value in my opinion.

level (10).jpg

Dochatley

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I bought the Rough Country level kit and had my Ford Dealer Install. Kit was about $100 and installation was about $150. Then alignment was $125 (ouch). But worth the insurance of them installing if something goes wrong.

OP
OP

AJSimmon

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4WD Silver Crew
Search the forum there has been much discussion on this subject here is an example:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/front-leveling-kit-best-bang-for-buck.7328/

To answer your question I am happy with mine along with the BFG KO LT265/70R 17

One thing to think about If you use a dealer or certified installer (see FPP warrantee) you should have less problems with Ford if you have any warrantee issues. That is worth some value in my opinion.

level (10).jpg
Did you swap out the crash bars?

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
I have the kit installed, had it done at my friends shop not the stealership, Was it worth it ? In my opinion yes, ride is stiffer and all round better, truck looks

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
Remember to level your headlight after , the cut off on my leds lights was very high after

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
The big thing to consider with this kit is what are you planning to do with the truck? I wont argue that the Fox kit is nice but if you are doing heavy off road or heavy towing a lot then I would recommend something else. If you are doing light off road and daily driving with some towing here and there then you should be fine. Will it be more comfortable compared to stock? Absolutely and that by itself will more than justify the cost.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I had it done by Ford and am quite satisfied.
2019 XLT Sport 2WD.
Still have factory wheels and original tires. No issues with that part whatsoever.
Ride is awesome compared to from the factory.
Make sure whoever does your leveling also adjusts your headlights to the proper safe settings! (You MUST apparently be specific about this, otherwise the tech may just point them at the ground like mine were done this weekend).
Happy Motoring! :)

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Make sure whoever does your leveling also adjusts your headlights to the proper safe settings! (You MUST apparently be specific about this, otherwise the tech may just point them at the ground like mine were done this weekend).
Happy Motoring! :)
Sad. Leveling kit instructions include procedures for aligning both the cruise control radar and headlamps.

I pushed my dealer to make sure they completed these. Reply was, "We've never done these before and have never had a problem". :facepalm:

LiftMyRide

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Assistant Manager
I bought the Rough Country level kit and had my Ford Dealer Install. Kit was about $100 and installation was about $150. Then alignment was $125 (ouch). But worth the insurance of them installing if something goes wrong.
wow the dealer charged you next to nothing on that install! they are quoting me $242 an hour not including parts or allignment.

i want to go 285 70 617

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
wow the dealer charged you next to nothing on that install! they are quoting me $242 an hour not including parts or allignment.

i want to go 285 70 617
Do you have stock wheels? If so that 285 width may give you some problems without adding spacers.

For reference, I have the Fox 2.0 and just put on 275 65 18's and they are very close to the spindle on the back side of the tire.

LiftMyRide

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Assistant Manager
i have stock rims but 285's were a thought. i just thought sinse your rim was an inch bigger than mine i could go a little bigger but i ned to look into it farther

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Bought a Rough Country kit for my truck in May 2019. Had a buddy's shop toss it on and it wasn't too much. Four years, lots of off-road use, and about 60k miles later I've had no issues. One thing to consider is replacing the factory nuts, if new ones are not provided. Trying to reuse the originals will lead to them coming loose, which is VERY bad. These leveling kits are all accomplishing the same thing and they're equal in my book, as long as the overall quality is good.
Sponsored