Ford giveth, Ford taketh away….Ford pass Apple Watch is dead….

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
It looks like Ford, and all of their infinite wisdom, has disabled The Ford pass app on the Apple Watch. At least this time they told us in the App Store they were going to take it away before it just disappeared. I went to use my watch today to start my car and the little Ford logo was gone. If you found the same thing, the reason is that Ford removed it. I guess the upside is they promise that it will be back soon, given that the app only worked about 10% of the time maybe this is a blessing in disguise. So if you don’t see it anymore, you’re not crazy.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I've tried the Ford app on our phone for two days only to get the "Fordpass stopped working" pop up. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and still got the same notice. As the old boy said, "Sumtings a matter". It's a crap app IMHO. I've had problems with since I downloaded the thing.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I have used my FordPass app regularly for years. It’s not perfect, but it has been getting better. In the year that I’ve owned my Ranger it has failed only a few times. Twice it would just hang endlessly and twice it failed to start my truck and said, “Failed to Start.” I’m not using it with an Apple Watch, but I can see how that would be useful. Perhaps it will be back and be better.

OP
OP
RangerAJS

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
I have used my FordPass app regularly for years. It’s not perfect, but it has been getting better. In the year that I’ve owned my Ranger it has failed only a few times. Twice it would just hang endlessly and twice it failed to start my truck and said, “Failed to Start.” I’m not using it with an Apple Watch, but I can see how that would be useful. Perhaps it will be back and be better.
That’s my hope. It’s tough when you know you’ve got a product that people complain about and you don’t know the fix. Sometimes it’s better to get rid of the reason for the complaints rather than continuing to fail. I’d prefer a product that works rather than sporadically. Fingers crossed.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mine has been fairly reliable too. I don't use it a lot but I tend to second guess myself as whether I locked my truck or not so I use the app. I will remote start it from the app when we're in a restaurant and I'm to far to use the fob and have never had it not start. The just had another update last week so it seems like they're trying to fix the issues some are having.

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Never worked for me. Usually crashed. Siri Shortcuts way better anyway.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Yup, it was on my watch a few days ago. It’s gone now. Says iPhone FordPass updated 2 days ago. Got to think that’s when it dropped the watch app