First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
The size and the mpg is what's appealing to me.

Well, I say mpg but I don't drive that much as my Ranger that I picked up in Dec 2019 just now turned over 14k miles.

The Ranger is actually bigger than what I need, but with that said I have once used my Ranger to tow more than the Maverick max.

If I need something bigger I have friends with Super Duty and 3500 GM trucks.
Yes, I think it is important to know what we need and then put that first in selection. I don't need F151 or bigger truck and I don't see many using all that power. Ranger was the perfect fit for me.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Well Granger got back to me with a quote.

I now know where I will be purchasing any new vehicles moving forward.

So I have until Thursday to make my decision.

And researching today I found that the AWD hybrid is likely for the new model year.

Decided to wait for two things:

1. AWD Hybrid

2. A screen that fills the center stack instead of leaving that gaping hole on the right.

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Not really surprised, the wait was gonna be a few months longer if I went with a Maverick instead of a Ranger. I knew they would sell like hot cakes lol.

I really do think they look good, just not quite big enough for me.
24C2DCFB-31A2-4846-BA0E-60D983983C54.jpeg
I saw my first Maverick "in the wild" yesterday, also in black, and it really did look good. Still, the Ranger is the right size for us, the F150 is too big, and the Mav is too small. Cool, but too small!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I saw one the other day that was all kitted out for off-roading. Definitely larger more aggressive tires. Maybe a lift, not sure what Ford offers. Lights and my favorite accessory a big honking ham radio antenna. I didn't know they even had aftermarket support for the Mav yet. It was a toasty looking set up. Do they make a Raptor Maverick yet?

I thought maybe I do need one for just a second. then I remembered how the interior in the Ranger is just about 90% of what I need already and decided that while I could live with a Maverick body, I really need an F-150 interior.

But it was the first Maverick I saw that didn't make me get queasy.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Awe darn. ???

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
The size and the mpg is what's appealing to me.

Well, I say mpg but I don't drive that much as my Ranger that I picked up in Dec 2019 just now turned over 14k miles.

The Ranger is actually bigger than what I need, but with that said I have once used my Ranger to tow more than the Maverick max.

If I need something bigger I have friends with Super Duty and 3500 GM trucks.
Ford missed a chance.. The 2019 Rangers should be Called F-100's and the new Maverick should be called ranger. The new ranger is almost identical in length and height as the old ranger.

Reactions: R_B

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Mom had been waffling around on one. The Thursday deadline made her pull the trigger. Ordering an XL/AWD in the morning. No telling when it will actually get built.

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Ford missed a chance.. The 2019 Rangers should be Called F-100's and the new Maverick should be called ranger. The new ranger is almost identical in length and height as the old ranger.
Maverick should have been called Courier. When i hear Maverick i think the car

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Well, she actually got her order in and confirmed. They're saying an 8-12 week production time. I don't see that happening, but we'll see.

I'll get to see it in person before she does. Ordered it from a local (to me) dealer where a friend of mine works, and she'll have to fly in from PA to get it. And then she's planning on taking off for AZ for a while, so it's going to get a swift break-in.
Sponsored