Flipstep tailgate ladder

Deleted member 1634

I guess I can see how for somebody with limited mobility these steps would be helpful. Kind of... just seems awkward as hell to me.

I've been around / helping / using pickup trucks since the late 1960's and have never needed a ladder.

Another access point we use, if there is a load in the truck and need to get into the bed, is to grab the bed rail with both hands and use the rear tire as a step to get up into the truck.

Question: How do you "store" the ladder once you've got a full load of lumber laying on the tailgate?
I guess I'm not arguing that this particular option of the fold out ladder is a good option, just that your "just step on the bumper" way isn't that big of a help. I personally agree that this fold out ladder option would get in the way too much, at least for me. The TrekStep under bumper step that a few on here have is a much better option in my opinion. And when my hands are empty, I'm perfectly fine just jumping right up into the bed. But it's those times when I'm trying to load the kayaks, have an arm load of cargo, or have just done a 15 mile hike that it gets a little more difficult to get up in there.
Sponsored

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are both old and totally disabled,but can still drive,and need a truck. What neither of us can do is easily access the bed,the step will help,and I'm going to get one,I have to get one.

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
langlais

langlais

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2019 xlt scab
I installed a TrekStep from www.bestop.com Convenient, flips down and up out of the way with a tap of your foot. Not cheap, but one of the best options available unless you need a full ladder.
39F5FC8D-B403-4DE9-98A4-0BEAAA26427F.JPG
78C929E2-E504-4C8A-9F0B-9B998D38E9DC.JPG
E84046D3-45CE-4174-B9D4-EE579D29BBD7.JPG
After a little research it seems like I could have this for 300 canadian ! Seems a good deal ?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
After a little research it seems like I could have this for 300 canadian ! Seems a good deal ?
Well, when you use it for the first time, you'll be glad you did! It was $289 US when I bought mine. A bit of a pain to install, but well worth it! Mounts to the Left side Frame Rail and uses one of the Bed bolts. Tight quarters with most of the work out of sight so it's mostly by feel. If you're not a DIY guy, have a local shop do it for you.

OP
OP
langlais

langlais

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, when you use it for the first time, you'll be glad you did! It was $289 US when I bought mine. A bit of a pain to install, but well worth it! Mounts to the Left side Frame Rail and uses one of the Bed bolts. Tight quarters with most of the work out of sight so it's mostly by feel. If you're not a DIY guy, have a local shop do it for you.
Ok and no need for drilling holes ? I think I could do it.

Bad news I think the guy in the webstore who could have the bestep tought I have a F 150 in the begining...so now he says they can have only bestep side step for 429 canadian ? on my ranger. I told him they do make one for the tailgate I hope he will find something.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Ok and no need for drilling holes ? I think I could do it.

Bad news I think the guy in the webstore who could have the bestep tought I have a F 150 in the begining...so now he says they can have only bestep side step for 429 canadian ? on my ranger. I told him they do make one for the tailgate I hope he will find something.
Yes, No Drilling at all! I ordered directly from Bestop just using their online ordering website. Guess getting them to Canada is an issue... Sucks.

OP
OP
langlais

langlais

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, No Drilling at all! I ordered directly from Bestop just using their online ordering website. Guess getting them to Canada is an issue... Sucks.
Yes it seem to be a problem I cant select canada on their website (bestop) Well at least my girlfriend wont be disapointed if I dont buy this thing ?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it seem to be a problem I cant select canada on their website (bestop) Well at least my girlfriend wont be disapointed if I dont buy this thing ?
Would expect it would be costly to have one shipped to me and mail it up to you..

OP
OP
langlais

langlais

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would expect it would be costly to have one shipped to me and mail it up to you..
Thanks but the step the vendor showed me was the good one finaly. I was not understanding because he said its a side step. I know they make side step near the tires... So short story 429 dollar is a lot ! Im gonna wait a little

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but the step the vendor showed me was the good one finaly. I was not understanding because he said its a side step. I know they make side step near the tires... So short story 429 dollar is a lot ! Im gonna wait a little
Yup, Wants and Needs!

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)
Watched those too. It is strange I saw them for 55 canadian dollar on amazon ?? So almost half the price of 80 us dolar on your link.

What do you think of the quality of the product does it seem heavy duty ? And for,the instalation you need to do a few holes in the tailgate i think ? You like it ?
I paid about $40 US, and I thought that was what I linked.
Yeah, you gotta drill some holes in the tailgate for the mounting plate. Me, I have a bad back, bad knees, and a bad shoulder, so I appreciate any help I can get.

Twisted

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
RN
I installed a TrekStep from www.bestop.com Convenient, flips down and up out of the way with a tap of your foot. Not cheap, but one of the best options available unless you need a full ladder.
39F5FC8D-B403-4DE9-98A4-0BEAAA26427F.JPG
78C929E2-E504-4C8A-9F0B-9B998D38E9DC.JPG
E84046D3-45CE-4174-B9D4-EE579D29BBD7.JPG

I just got mine today. Did you have to use any of the spacers?