First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercab ,2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Bestop has their Trekstep for the Ranger now. It's on back-order, of course, like just about everything else....

Pic shows a side mounted one, but product description and install instructions show it at the rear

https://www.bestop.com/products/trekstep-rear-mount-step---ford-2019-2020-ranger-driver-side/
I was really interested in getting one of these until I realized that it would be worthless with the tailgate down, if it came out on the side (in the rear), it would be great.
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I think the problem with the hitch mounted steps is that it's only useful when the tailgate is up, and I hardly ever have to get into the bed when the tailgate is up. And if I do, the area near the license plate is basically a built in center step already. The problem is stepping into the bed when the tailgate is down and I can't use the bumper as a step. For me at least.
That makes sense. I didn't think about that.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
End bed step.
This is listed for ext can and not crew cab. Anyone know if there is a difference? As the bed room comes from cab size I would think the design of rear of bed and mounting point being the same.

Thanks

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/163925570404
So, thoughts on if Crew Cab or Extended can are the same design at end of bed? Would the corner step I posted work on both? Sale post mentions extended only. No way to question seller. Thoughts?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
So, thoughts on if Crew Cab or Extended can are the same design at end of bed? Would the corner step I posted work on both? Sale post mentions extended only. No way to question seller. Thoughts?
I sent the seller a question. Waiting to see if they respond. The blue truck end pictures are F150, so no telling if it fits. It’s interesting that the picture shows it on a 4 Door. Which leads me to believe that’s the 4 door ROW Ranger.But that picture has “LIMITED” ON THE REAR DOOR. So don’t know if that’s even a Ford.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
The only thing that scares me about these tailgate ladders is the fact that we have aluminum tailgates. I just can't see that working out in the long term. A step near the corner of the bumper would be ideal for me.

Deleted member 1634

The only thing that scares me about these tailgate ladders is the fact that we have aluminum tailgates. I just can't see that working out in the long term. A step near the corner of the bumper would be ideal for me.
In what way do you see it not working in the long term? Just curious.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
In what way do you see it not working in the long term? Just curious.
It's the fact the tailgate is aluminum. Those tailgate ladders concentrate a load on a small part of the tailgate. I'm not sure how much of a load the tailgate can handle let alone a concentrated load. I guess if I looked inside and saw how it was built I might change my mind.

OP
OP
stringbreaker

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
It's the fact the tailgate is aluminum. Those tailgate ladders concentrate a load on a small part of the tailgate. I'm not sure how much of a load the tailgate can handle let alone a concentrated load. I guess if I looked inside and saw how it was built I might change my mind.
I think as long as the bottom is resting on the ground the weight will all be concentrated there. Should be ok I would think

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I think as long as the bottom is resting on the ground the weight will all be concentrated there. Should be ok I would think
True enough.
Sponsored