First Look: 2021 Ranger in Cactus Gray

Toph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Gray Ranger 301a, FX4
Occupation
Teacher
There are, I believe, two Mach 1's in Fighter Jet Gray. Both of those are considered "showcase" vehicles which are not production. AFAIK, there has not been a production Mustang released in CG/FG to see.

Therefore, I group Mach 1 Mustang in with the Bronco pre-release showcase vehicles as 1-off, hand-sprayed, hand-mixed paint colors. When I can see production images of both then we will know for sure, but Ford won't have a custom hue of the same paint color for different vehicles. Cactus Gray is a fleet color so it will be uniform across Ranger, Bronco and Mustang.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the Mach 1 was in the same boat as the Broncos and Ranger. Let's hope I don't have to wrap my brand new BTO truck! lol
Sponsored

Tito

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Ranger, Not getting another, fuel in oil.
That’s OG Border Patrol green on that Bronco!?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The Cactus Gray has way to much blue in it and gives off a Robins egg blue hue. The computer generated pics are not the same as the real life ones. Here's the Bronco Sport in Cactus Gray. Seeing as Cactus are green I have no clue how they came up with this for a name? ?

Cactus Gray.jpg

Cactus Gray1.jpg

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I'm that worried guy. I've got an FX4 CG on order and am hoping that this lighting is playing tricks and that the real model, in fact, looks better. In Bronco Sport videos on YouTube, the color looks much more vibrant.

For example
Don't worry Taph enjoy your new Ranger when it arrives. After all it will be YOURS :like:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
The Cactus Gray has way to much blue in it and gives off a Robins egg blue hue. The computer generated pics are not the same as the real life ones. Here's the Bronco Sport in Cactus Gray. Seeing as Cactus are green I have no clue how they came up with this for a name? ?

Cactus Gray.jpg

Cactus Gray1.jpg
Dave the color name is after they had a burger and some shrumes :LOL:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
You're right Greg...Now I see the Cactus Gray color . :crazy:

Magic Shrooms.jpg
Sure glad I escaped those days. Hated eating those, even with doritos they tasted like sh*# :crazy:
I much preferred the tea it went down much quicker :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sure glad I escaped those days. Hated eating those, even with doritos they tasted like sh*# :crazy:
I much preferred the tea it went down much quicker :LOL:
Well that's what they're grown it. lol

I never tried them, I hate regular cooked mushrooms! :puke:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Bronco sure looks porky compared to the Ranger.
It does but they're only 2.6" different.

If you add the mirrors now they're only .4" different.

Ranger with no mirrors....73.3"

Bronco with no mirrors...75.9"

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the marketing executive thought Cactus was sharp, ie. sharp gray. ?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It does but they're only 2.6" different.

If you add the mirrors now they're only .4" different.

Ranger with no mirrors....73.3"

Bronco with no mirrors...75.9"
2.6 inches at their widest point, 4.5/5.5 at the wheels (track width), and it's not a number on the spec sheet but I suspect that the difference in width at the top of the hood and roof is a lot more than 2.6 inches. The real question is whether ford (being a US automaker) kicks the bottom out a few more inches in the next revision, and in 10 or 15 years the damn thing is 8 inches wider and a foot longer because bigger is better.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
2.6 inches at their widest point, 4.5/5.5 at the wheels (track width), and it's not a number on the spec sheet but I suspect that the difference in width at the top of the hood and roof is a lot more than 2.6 inches. The real question is whether ford (being a US automaker) kicks the bottom out a few more inches in the next revision, and in 10 or 15 years the damn thing is 8 inches wider and a foot longer because bigger is better.
I got to sit in them and check them out thoroughly when they were here at a local dealer. It has a good view from the drivers seat and the trail markers are nice to have. The hood is huge though. It's bigger than the Jeep but didn't feel overly huge compared to the Ranger. I think it looks bigger because it's not as aerodynamic as the Ranger,It's basically a square brick from the front. lol

Yeah I can see them looking like the last model Bronco's before they discontinued them (OJ style) in a new years. Then again the Ranger will look like a King Ranch too.

IMG_3422.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Cactus Gray, and the Area 51 (Bronco color) are very hard to get a read on looking at pictures. I'm wondering if the CG is close to the Lead Foot grey on the F-150's.
IMHO, no. My dealer has a Leadfoot 2021 F-150 and a Cactus Grey Bronco Sport. Leadfoot and Carbonized Grey are a little lighter than Magnetic (which is discontinued), and Leadfoot is non-metallic like Cactus Grey, Carbonized Grey is metallic and niether have any tint. The "green" (more blue than yellow in the pigment I suspect) in Cactus Grey shows best in direct sunlight. It's a color on my short list for when I order a 2021, along with Iconic Silver and Carbonized Grey.

But if Area 51 was offered on a Ranger, there would be no short list.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
by looking at all the pics available on google involving cactus grey, i think my general opinion is that it will have a green hue in sunlight. I tried finding a real cactus that mimics this color and failed.
If you go on Ford's website and bring up the 360Âș colorizers for different models, there is a big difference between Cactus Grey Broncos vs CG Bronco Sports. Other posted photos all over the web make CG look cement, mint, powder blue, willow- none what it looks like live. Having seen a CG Sport Outer Banks, It is a more cyan-like green-grey in natural light IMHO; more blue than yellow in the pigment, but it is not a chameleon color or metallic.
Saguaro cactuses (cacti?) are more green in the spring than late summer when they turn more grayish brown, but they're always more green than Ford's color. @AzScorpion's photos in post #21 look more like an agavé blue, but everything looks like it is blue-washed; the concrete, building, wheel accents, etc.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you go on Ford's website and bring up the 360Âș colorizers for different models, there is a big difference between Cactus Grey Broncos vs CG Bronco Sports. Other posted photos all over the web make CG look cement, mint, powder blue, willow- none what it looks like live. Having seen a CG Sport Outer Banks, It is a more cyan-like green-grey in natural light IMHO; more blue than yellow in the pigment, but it is not a chameleon color or metallic.
Saguaro cactuses (cacti?) are more green in the spring than late summer when they turn more grayish brown, but they're always more green than Ford's color. @AzScorpion's photos in post #21 look more like an agavé blue, but everything looks like it is blue-washed; the concrete, building, wheel accents, etc.
it is more blue than gray. If you go on the Bronco 6G forum and look under the picture section you’ll see more real life pictures. The computer generated ones on Fords site are not true to color. Actually most aren’t except the basics like white, gray and silver.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/photos-videos-build-journals.39/
Sponsored

Last edited: