First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah... I called them out on that. They are going to properly clean it next week. Of course they had excuses that they were slammed with 8 trucks that came in that day, etc. But they did apologize.
Honestly I wouldn't let them touch it and you're better off doing it yourself. You'll do a much better job then the PDI guy seeing as they can't even get the tires pressure right most times. lol

When my Jeep came in I told them not to detail the exterior or the interior. I know they wouldn't do it right and probably end up scratching it outside and spraying Armor All over the whole inside.
Sponsored

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Honestly I wouldn't let them touch it and you're better off doing it yourself. You'll do a much better job then the PDI guy seeing as they can't even get the tires pressure right most times. lol

When my Jeep came in I told them not to detail the exterior or the interior. I know they wouldn't do it right and probably end up scratching it outside and spraying Armor All over the whole inside.
Valid point. That's how I approached my last new truck as well, but then I took it off-road and realized a truck is a truck... I'll be doing way worse to it than anything they can. Haha

Only reason it's going back is because they are one of those dealers with mandatory overpriced accessory packages... My hands were tied with some life changes that I couldn't wait 6 months+ to find the best deal. I'm fortunate enough that my time is more valuable than trying to haggle over a $3k tint/ppf/spray in bedliner package. So it's going back for them to complete that package anyway... Fortunately I was able to get them to agree to apply darker than legal tint. That was an area that I wasn't willing to accept and have to get removed just to install proper (in my opinion) tint.

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
20220513_164607.jpg

For some reason, he felt it would be cool to park it next to a TRX they just got in... Gee thanks for making the day feel like a big deal!
At least he let me start the TRX and rev it a bit to rub more salt in the wound.
I dunno, man, all I see is a super cool Ford Ranger Tremor and an urban assault vehicle.

I guess if you like running over children in the streets and anything else obscured by the giant front end, the Ram might be the choice for you, but even in the upcoming Mad Max gasoline wars, I will take the Tremor. :wink:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
this is the broad statement that irks me to no end that seems to be repeated on here like a broken record with little to no credible proof.

the truth us, there is just as many brain dead home mechanics/detailers out there, if not more.
just drive around a local neighborhood one weekend, it's pretty obvious.
Because some like yourself don't care about your finish where many do. My point is that MOST can not even set the correct tire pressure which should be proof enough they're incapable of doing the PDI correctly. So if you want them raking dirt all over your brand new truck by all means be my guest! :facepalm: There's NO way they're doing it the right way using a 2 bucket system to wash unless you're buying a high end vehicle and even then I'd still be skeptical.

Also if something so trivial as this "Irks you to no end" you really should seek counseling. :rolleyes: Or better yet try skipping over peoples post that you don't like, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I mean... If you just look at the truck, you can see he wasn't wrong about the PDI team at this dealership. Haha

I personally just know I'm going to pick up more scratches from tree branches than their dirty rags might cause.

If you are the type that wants to maintain the finish for the life of your ownership, I'd definitely agree that you should err on the side of caution and request that they skip the PDI wash.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I mean... If you just look at the truck, you can see he wasn't wrong about the PDI team at this dealership. Haha

I personally just know I'm going to pick up more scratches from tree branches than their dirty rags might cause.

If you are the type that wants to maintain the finish for the life of your ownership, I'd definitely agree that you should err on the side of caution and request that they skip the PDI wash.
I off road mine but still like to "try" and keep it looking nice too. I try and stay away from trails that have overhanging or overgrown brush. It's easy to do out here as we don't get much rain so trails that get used often don't get to overgrown. Plus I figure if there's going to be a scratch in it at least let me put the first one on it since I paid for it. lol

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
That TRX is a badass Raptor eater
that Tremor is sweet!
The dealer is a SOB haha
and what kind of wheels on that fx4?

LB

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat Tremor
That TRX is a badass Raptor eater
that Tremor is sweet!
The dealer is a SOB haha
and what kind of wheels on that fx4?

LB
Sport Appearance Package wheels on the FX4 I believe. Magnetic Painted Aluminum Sport Wheel.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
20220513_164607.jpg

For some reason, he felt it would be cool to park it next to a TRX they just got in... Gee thanks for making the day feel like a big deal!
At least he let me start the TRX and rev it a bit to rub more salt in the wound.
I see that cactus tremor and think. That is a man of taste.

The TRX owner seems more to be compensating for something and will end up with a leaking main seal or exhaust manifold before 50k.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
20220513_164607.jpg

Really nice looking Ranger.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
says the guy who comments on everything hows that for an eye roller?? ? ? ?
you can skip right along yourself
Are you fur reals accusing someone else of “commenting on everything?”

Of the total posts on this forum I would guess that you are responsible for a double digit percentage of them. Just sayin.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
When I went to get my ranger from Granger they had so many TRXs on the lot.... And my ranger was not even an fx4 (2wd FX2)

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I suppose, but you can say the exact same thing about a F150 Raptor. As far as price goes the TRX and Raptor are very close to being the same MSRP. I realize folks are paying upwards of a $20k premium for a TRX but the same was happening when the Raptor first hit the market.

Like most folks I bought a Ranger because it was the best choice to meet my needs & wants that was in my cost of ownership budget. If money was no object I would love to have a Raptor or TRX and I think the TRX would get the nod just because it is meaner looking.
i agree the raptor is cool and it is also in the same boat as the trx. in terms of useful practicality and price the ranger is a sweet truck.