First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
Edited on 13 Jan: The truck finally got here and got it on Jan 11. Exactly 8 and half months. On the two recalls. They say the one on passenger belt is fixed. The headrest in back is waiting Ford to put out the parts and instructions to dealer.

Latest on Ranger ordered on Apr 26. Looks like maybe four or so more days and it should be here. Should be on a train now I guess?

1641607334251.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
If a vehicle is done at the factory, but waiting on something specific, like a safety recall, might it also say "built, ready to be shipped?"

I wouldn't start counting chickens yet. Seems as though all SCabs on lots or at Ford are on hold for this recall.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
If a vehicle is done at the factory, but waiting on something specific, like a safety recall, might it also say "built, ready to be shipped?"

I wouldn't start counting chickens yet. Seems as though all SCabs on lots or at Ford are on hold for this recall.
Yes i agree, and if 'JiminVA's truck actually arrives on that date the tracker shows then that may be a sign the S'cabs are out of the woods, hoping for you Jim.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yes i agree, and if 'JiminVA's truck actually arrives on that date the tracker shows then that may be a sign the S'cabs are out of the woods, hoping for you Jim.
This is true. It would be a good sign.

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
WOW 8 months! I ordered mine March 8 and got it on May 10. JiminVA ordered only 8 weeks after me and it took him 8 months. Guess I just got in under the wire.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
WOW 8 months! I ordered mine March 8 and got it on May 10. JiminVA ordered only 8 weeks after me and it took him 8 months. Guess I just got in under the wire.
Got her today. Exactly 8 and half months. Have a lot to figure out on this thing. It is really big jump in ride over the old 2002 XLT I had.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Look at my profile pic Muff. For five months I had a window sticker on the truck to look at. Now it is in driveway! S'cab, six ft bed, 4x2. Wife and dau gushing about 'how pretty". Hoping all the other folks waiting for them are ok.

But, they did not fix the recall yet and the dealer had zero problems releasing it to me. I know some have been reporting the recall was hold up.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Look at my profile pic Muff. For five months I had a window sticker on the truck to look at. Now it is in driveway! S'cab, six ft bed, 4x2. Wife and dau gushing about 'how pretty". Hoping all the other folks waiting for them are ok.

But, they did not fix the recall yet and the dealer had zero problems releasing it to me. I know some have been reporting the recall was hold up.
Congrats to you and enjoy?
As far as the recall which one didn't get fixed ? I'm guessing it's the front passenger outboard seat belt being misrouted and the rear seat head rests recall was done at the factory head rests are removable now?
Let us know :)

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Congrats to you and enjoy?
As far as the recall which one didn't get fixed ? I'm guessing it's the front passenger outboard seat belt being misrouted and the rear seat head rests recall was done at the factory head rests are removable now?
Let us know :)
I will check it tomorrow. The rear seats are really hinky being pretty useless from real quick look at one yesterday. I wanted to check out the compartment under and the seat did not pop up all the way making impossible to open the compartment without removing the seat. The two head rests are tilted straight forward. Have not looked close at them. Will likely remove the bottom part of seats in any case. Never going to have anyone back there.

Wife used passenger seatbelt and did not comment on any problem. Will do a closer check tomorrow in daylight. Busy day. Amer Legion meeting tonight, something in afternoon, etc so all I had time for was drive it.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I will check it tomorrow. The rear seats are really hinky being pretty useless from real quick look at one yesterday. I wanted to check out the compartment under and the seat did not pop up all the way making impossible to open the compartment without removing the seat. The two head rests are tilted straight forward. Have not looked close at them. Will likely remove the bottom part of seats in any case. Never going to have anyone back there.

Wife used passenger seatbelt and did not comment on any problem. Will do a closer check tomorrow in daylight. Busy day. Amer Legion meeting tonight, something in afternoon, etc so all I had time for was drive it.
Congrats on the new truck. Now you need to update your vehicle info (not waitin any more)

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC

Yea a likely story :LOL: after the drive you were sitting in it in the garage dreaming of what to do to personalize it, haha.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I wanted to check out the compartment under and the seat did not pop up all the way making impossible to open the compartment without removing the seat.
Congrats! :D
The rear seats do not fold up in scab. They need to be removed to access the compartments. It's a bit annoying, but that's how it is...
Mine took 4 months, and that was even long. Very glad your arrived!

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
I'm in the final stages. Ordered in mid-August, got a VIN,etc., Ford cancelled the order in October and put me in a 2022, no update or VIN so I started looking for what was available. Finally got an angle on a new 2021 due to be delivered at a dealer 9 miles away (not the dealer I had ordered from) called and placed a deposit. He just called me and said it is being cleaned up and I can come over tomorrow to pick it up. It's a Supercab and he said there's no recall open on it. I feel very lucky. Only change from the one I ordered is the color and this one is 4x4... which is fine. I can now retire my old truck.
Sponsored