First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
To answer your question I refering to buying it before it arrives, sight unseen. Don't believe I will have to go that route but I will if necessary.

I just called Ron, my salesman to clarify as this post was getting me nervous.
I have a special rebate direct from Ford for $1250. There is currently a $500 dollar rebate which expires 3-31. Both of these he says they can "protect"
Meaning they will be valid or at the very least they will honor them on delivery.
Only exception is if the $500 dollar rebate gets upgraded. Then I lose that 500 in lieu of a greater amount whatever that might be.
Meaning if they drop the $500 and add a $1000 or $1500 rebate I would get that instead.
If there are no rebates I'll still get the $500 that expires on March 31st and my special $1250 rebate I got from Ford directly.
He also said if they offer trade assist that will be honored as well.
Both of these offers are compatible with X-Plan.
Got my fingers and toes crossed. Praying all goes smoothly.
Thanks for clarifying the 'contract' thing, I'd be leery of that unless they are referring to a deposit in order to place your order.
My dealer required a 3K non-refundable deposit which I had them amend in the agreement which basically states the 3K would be refunded if the truck was not EXACTLY as the order stated or if the truck arrived in Honolulu any later than 6 months after I made the deposit, with some stipulations.

Heads up on the additional items I mentioned (rustproofing, $500 wax jobs etc.), some people assume by using the X-Plan that it precludes the dealer of pulling such shenanigans, it does not. The contract merely states that these items must be listed on the final X-Plan pricing document.

Here on Oahu, we've just 3 Ford dealers, all 3 are keenly aware of this and have a "take it or leave it" attitude, depending on the transaction's details. I was fortunate that my dealer was upfront in my purchase, you, however being located in SoCal, probably have dozens of Ford dealers to choose from.

Good Luck!
Sponsored

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Thanks for clarifying the 'contract' thing, I'd be leery of that unless they are referring to a deposit in order to place your order.
My dealer required a 3K non-refundable deposit which I had them amend in the agreement which basically states the 3K would be refunded if the truck was not EXACTLY as the order stated or if the truck arrived in Honolulu any later than 6 months after I made the deposit, with some stipulations.

Heads up on the additional items I mentioned (rustproofing, $500 wax jobs etc.), some people assume by using the X-Plan that it precludes the dealer of pulling such shenanigans, it does not. The contract merely states that these items must be listed on the final X-Plan pricing document.

Here on Oahu, we've just 3 Ford dealers, all 3 are keenly aware of this and have a "take it or leave it" attitude, depending on the transaction's details. I was fortunate that my dealer was upfront in my purchase, you, however being located in SoCal, probably have dozens of Ford dealers to choose from.

Good Luck!
My dealer wants a check for $500 for a deposit. Applies directly to the truck purchase or is refundable should I decide not to buy the truck.
This dealership doesn't do any of those add on's you are referring too.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm late to the party, but congratulations, Jeff. It's a great looking truck!

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
After having been ordered the third week in October, my truck is finally "in transit." It's been a long wait.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
After having been ordered the third week in October, my truck is finally "in transit." It's been a long wait.
Excited for you bro, have you posted your window sticker here?
Just curious, is all...

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of small-blocks, my Dad bought a brand new '65 Mustang notchback with a 289 (225 hp version) with a close ratio 4 speed BW T-10, it had the "Rallye-Pak" too.

The car got handed down to me circa 1975 or so, in my last semester of junior auto tech college I overhauled it, with a real mild cam, it was bored out .030 over so was actually a 292 after that. I also ran an Eldelbrock intake and a garden variety Holley 600 on it, exhaust was bone stock duals.
I was able to clock 14.6-15.0 seconds with it, all with street tires and an open diff., turned some Chevy guys heads...

You've owned quite a bit of metal, you're gonna love your new Ranger, I sure do.

Edit: the '81 Flareside had a 351M in it, we used to call it the "351Mary", I've been told they make excellent boat anchors, it was a gutless POS.
Bringing back memories.

I picked up a 1968 Torino GT back in 1988.
Had a very tired 351w/4speed.

I was gonna rebuild the 351, but found a 428cj local in Hemmings. I gave the 351 to my buddy who had a 1969 Fairlane with a 6cyl.

Had tons of fun with that Torino. Ran it most Wednesday nights at the local strip.

Ran low 13's. . Not bad for my only vehicle. Could have broke into the 12's with better gears in the 9in, but cash was hard to come by back then.

Car was sold after i got married and kids starred coming. I will be looking for another now that the kids are out.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bringing back memories.

I picked up a 1968 Torino GT back in 1988.
Had a very tired 351w/4speed.

I was gonna rebuild the 351, but found a 428cj local in Hemmings. I gave the 351 to my buddy who had a 1969 Fairlane with a 6cyl.

Had tons of fun with that Torino. Ran it most Wednesday nights at the local strip.

Ran low 13's. . Not bad for my only vehicle. Could have broke into the 12's with better gears in the 9in, but cash was hard to come by back then.

Car was sold after i got married and kids starred coming. I will be looking for another now that the kids are out.
Ha!
Another coincidence man, my Mom was looking to replace her aging '63 Country Squire back in 1968 (evidently 5 years back then was equivalent to 20 years now in car life), so she sent my Dad scouting.
Dad, my kid brother and I hop in the Mustang bound for the local Ford dealer looking for either another 'Squire or Torino wagon. A black Torino Squire catches my Dad's eye, what catches my eye is the fender badge "428", while my Dad and the salesman (he was my Dad's cousin) are checking out under the hood, my brother and I checked out the interior, it was all red, with a stick-shift, just like the Mustang! The salesman tells my Dad to take it for a spin, take it home to Mom and see how she likes it.
About a block away, my Dad clutches it and I swear, if the tailgate wasn't locked, brother and I would of wound up on the pavement behind the car!
Once we arrive back home, my Mom is unimpressed, she did not want a stick and definitely no black cars at all. My Dad tried with all his might tried to talk her into it but she was unswayed, she would not even drive it.
Instead she bought a '68 Country Squire, automatic with a 302 in the most un-masculine color known to man, baby blue...what a let down!

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Ha!
Another coincidence man, my Mom was looking to replace her aging '63 Country Squire back in 1968 (evidently 5 years back then was equivalent to 20 years now in car life), so she sent my Dad scouting.
Dad, my kid brother and I hop in the Mustang bound for the local Ford dealer looking for either another 'Squire or Torino wagon. A black Torino Squire catches my Dad's eye, what catches my eye is the fender badge "428", while my Dad and the salesman (he was my Dad's cousin) are checking out under the hood, my brother and I checked out the interior, it was all red, with a stick-shift, just like the Mustang! The salesman tells my Dad to take it for a spin, take it home to Mom and see how she likes it.
About a block away, my Dad clutches it and I swear, if the tailgate wasn't locked, brother and I would of wound up on the pavement behind the car!
Once we arrive back home, my Mom is unimpressed, she did not want a stick and definitely no black cars at all. My Dad tried with all his might tried to talk her into it but she was unswayed, she would not even drive it.
Instead she bought a '68 Country Squire, automatic with a 302 in the most un-masculine color known to man, baby blue...what a let down!
Lol. Nice. A 428 wagon. That is an SUV with balls. A factory 14-15 sec geocery getter? Sign me up.

That 428 was a great engine.

That was probably a top loader too

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lol. Nice. A 428 wagon. That is an SUV with balls. A factory 14-15 sec geocery getter? Sign me up.

That 428 was a great engine.

That was probably a top loader too
Probably so, I'll never know...
The '68 C/Squire met an untimely demise though just 8 months old, it was parked on a busy parkway and an 18 wheeler (which lost his brakes) plowed into a row of several parked cars, the Ford being one of them, the insurance company wrote it off, sayonara baby blue wagon.
It was replaced by a leased '69 Chrysler Town & Country (first year of the fuselage shape) probably the most woeful automobile to ever grace our driveway, indeed, if you mention the Chrysler name to my mother now, she'll ladylike spit on the ground....
Sponsored