ProtonDecay
Well-Known Member
- First Name
- Derek
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2020
- Threads
- 11
- Messages
- 174
- Reaction score
- 385
- Location
- Bay Area, California
- Vehicle(s)
- '21 Ford Ranger XLT
- Occupation
- Retired
So, just in case I a not the only ignent bastige when it comes to flares, most vendors provide only flares for SuperCrew bed configs (i.e. short bed), and make no mention of this on their website(s).
I really liked the look of the Air Design, and mistakenly assumed they would fit my SuperCab....alas. Here's a pic of them installed on a SuperCrew - note the "reach around" on the front of the flare.
SuperCabs are longer down there, don't you know, so the reach-around just ends up creating an unfulfilled gap:
Anyway, the kindly people at Air Design are taking them back, and have promised to update their website. I am now awaiting delivery of Bushwacker Pocket flares (sized for 6'1" bed...).
Caveat Emptor, and all that....
I really liked the look of the Air Design, and mistakenly assumed they would fit my SuperCab....alas. Here's a pic of them installed on a SuperCrew - note the "reach around" on the front of the flare.
SuperCabs are longer down there, don't you know, so the reach-around just ends up creating an unfulfilled gap:
Anyway, the kindly people at Air Design are taking them back, and have promised to update their website. I am now awaiting delivery of Bushwacker Pocket flares (sized for 6'1" bed...).
Sponsored