RTR Fender Flares

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I just attached a pic, can anyone confirm during unboxing that tape was not pre attached to any flares besides the two bumpers?

RTR.jpg
Sponsored

Mattywoo618

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
School
I just attached a pic, can anyone confirm during unboxing that tape was not pre attached to any flares besides the two bumpers?

RTR.jpg

RTR.jpg
Yes, can confirm the only tape that was applied by the company was the extensions for the bumper. I found It weird that they did it for the bumper pieces but not the flares themselves, the tape was probably the worst part of the install in my opinion.
Good luck.

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, can confirm the only tape that was applied by the company was the extensions for the bumper. I found It weird that they did it for the bumper pieces but not the flares themselves, the tape was probably the worst part of the install in my opinion.
Good luck.
That's definitely new - when I ordered back in February, no tape was applied. Which was also good for those of us that wanted to paint to body match. Finally got my replacement bumper extension this past week after waiting two months and it shows up with gasket installed that I then had to yank off to get painted, and reach out to them again for replacement tape/gasket... hopefully that doesn't take two months to show up!

I will say that they added some additional tape to the bumper extension that did not come with my kit, which is a good thing - should hopefully keep those more secure.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
@Mattywoo618 , @ac_perks
Thanks for the replies, I’ll try and secure it using the provided tape, I had a feeling the tape was going to be the most difficult part, I’m sure I’ll figure it out after the first one ?

Roadrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger F4
I just put on mine and putting on the tape was the hardest part of the install! I bought black silicone adhesive from HD and added around the front bumper extensions as the front part wasn't really "flat" against the bumper.

also prior to putting the clips, I added some adhesive within the clip for extra adhesion.

LittleFoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL Crew Cab 4x4
Just wanted to add my own addition to the mix here. They were a bit intimidating to get installed solo, and I had a major chore getting the Phillips screws out of the OEM fender guards. But they're on now and they cover the poke from my -10et wheels just right.

Little Foot 2 (RTR Fender Flares (Full)).JPG

Little Foot 2 (RTR Fender Flares (Coverage)).JPG

Little Foot 2 (RTR Fender Flares (Gas Tank Cutout)).JPG
Sponsored