First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I just wish that all automakers would include a power port near the rearview mirror and the rear window.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I have seen how dash cameras can really save the day when a situation review is needed, I put up a temporary one when I travel long distance.

I almost bought a permanent one recently, but I wondered about the factory camera as well, the feed should be able to be tapped into and fed into the display I would think, but then again, if so, I suppose Forscan would have already done it.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
Are we talking about the talk show Dr Phil? Always thought he was a hack. Dude got paid millions to state the obvious.

"Drugs... are bad, you have to stop taking drugs, they'll destroy your life if you let em!!!!" No shit!!!! What a revelation?!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Are we talking about the talk show Dr Phil? Always thought he was a hack. Dude got paid millions to state the obvious.

"Drugs... are bad, you have to stop taking drugs, they'll destroy your life if you let em!!!!" No shit!!!! What a revelation?!
While it's not such a revelation for most of the population, a quick look around will show that there are indeed a great many people that could stand to embrace that particular bit of his "wisdom".
Sadly enough.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I enjoy a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone else but I was considering buying a dashcam and thought technically I already have one I just don't have any access to the video from the camera. I am more interested in what we can gain from using an existing camera than what is being collected by big brother. The permissions you give to apps on your cell phone already give away all the info anyone would ever want to know...
I wondered the same. My wife's Mazda has a pretty impressive resolution front, side, and rear cams.

But no love on how to tap those for dashcam use. I agree, it would be pretty sweet. I installed front and rear NextBase cams and have been very happy with it.

But it hasn't been of any use except to start my sweet income stream from now being a social media influencer! =D

I'll try to remember all you little people when I'm chilling with the Kardashians ...

Sponsored