Exact changes made for Auto Start/Stop delete option.

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
calibration tech
It appears that the PCM 7E0-165 Blocks are for Transmission ID Blocks referencing the F-150 Spreadsheet 21-23, I did not know it was updated for other model years.
I scanned through it some and noted that some of the Hex Code blocks do not match the Ranger anyway.
The majority of those do not match Truck to Truck, so nothing stands out.

The F-150 (15-20) does somewhat match and is a good reference compared to the Ranger.
Unfortunately none of these changes worked 😔
Sponsored

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
calibration tech
Really wished this would have worked. I’ve tried all of this stuff and cannot get it working. Not sure what to do at this point.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
You could possibly ask a dealer, but generally they won’t alter factory specifications.
I think the missing link is in the PCM programming or any of those modules I noted that did not allow a successful write.
I am certain the ones noted are correct, however I do not know if all of them will allow a write and lock it in.
I cannot however see the PCM specific data, even if I could, you would have to basically flash it to change it.

Last edited:

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I gave it another look on the PCM data lines.
There are multiple lines that are a mismatch between the trucks as compared side by side.
There is not any information that I can find to break down the data lines like the other modules due.

So, by process of elimination, I have found 2 lines of data that only change, when comparing an ASS to NON-ASS Truck
The rest of the lines I believe contain the VIN # and the Transmission Solenoid Data, which is going to be different between the trucks.

Now, I cannot confirm that these are related to the ASS or not as I cannot find a breakdown of the data lines to confirm exactly what is being changed.

So, is this the missing link? IDK

These 2 lines are consistent between an ASS Enabled Truck and consistent between a NON-ASS Enabled truck and only change when compared side by side (ASS / Non-ASS)

PCM:
7E0-165-31
4E42-3350-20A2 (W0 - ASS)
4B42-3350-2071 (W -ASS) (So change 4E42 to 4B42)

PCM:
7EO-165-33
4641-2020-20FE (WO-ASS)
5544-2020-201F (W-ASS) (So change 4641 to 5544)

Again, I know some modules will not allow a write, it will let you change the line but when you actually write it (it pops up - failure to write) or invalid function.

I also think that the PCM, may require a more expensive cable to allow a write or change in the PCM data, specifically a Ford supplied cable or the mongoose cable J-2534
The PCM has to see an authorized cable, I believe. (Not 100% sure) as I have not tried to change any of the PCM data lines.

Last edited:

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
calibration tech
Well you may be right about the cable. Not for sure when I change these 2 lines I get an incompatible config alert. Also should I have kept the other changes you mentioned prior to this change?
Sponsored

Last edited: