First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I live in a pine forest. The ones around my house are 150’ high monsters. We’re a few weeks out still from the pine pollen mess. My grey truck looks like a yellow beast for a week or so. Driving down the street a cloud billows behind me for a 100’ or so. My kids named it nose trumpet week. Yup, that’s what I sound like!!! ?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Absolutely… I get both aspects. Treat it like a truck and also keep it clean. My OCD and adderall addiction doesn’t allow that to happen. ?

I can’t find a CA Duster .. out here in wonderful California lol. Sold out everywhere. But also with it being pollen … those beautiful little yellow dots are gorgeous all over my white truck as I’m drying it off and vacuuming the inside ?

Air compressor might not be a bad idea lol… just lately with the yellow dots and almost like “smoke ish” black dots when I wake up (was thinking of fires when they were going on) … the ash dots and yellow dots make me go nuts in my head.
I have the California duster. I also just bought another one from Griots. Check their website.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
After a wash, I notice dust has settled on the truck when I get close enough to open the door, but the following day it still looks sparkling clean from ten feet away, 15 ft the third day... after a week it's too far to walk to the truck with my eyes shut, so I wash it again....

Seriously, I'm pleased with how well Carbonized Grey hides everyday dust and waterspot patina. I wash it once a week on average to get the bugs off. Automotive paint has improved over the years, but my '79 Dodge W200 accumulated several dark pin spots its first year from bug splats left on it.

I live on the Mississippi-St. Croix River flyway and my former black Escape was favorite target of Canadian Geese each spring and fall.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I live in a pine forest. The ones around my house are 150’ high monsters. We’re a few weeks out still from the pine pollen mess. My grey truck looks like a yellow beast for a week or so. Driving down the street a cloud billows behind me for a 100’ or so. My kids named it nose trumpet week. Yup, that’s what I sound like!!! ?
Yup! Carbonized "Green" for 10 days!
Facepalm.jpg

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I have washed and cleaned this damn Ranger more in 2 months than i did my old truck in 10 years ... and i hate myself for it... midlife crisis ? trophy wife ? idk , but it has to stop... ehhh , but not today as it finally quit raining and i just have to ... should have bought a damn taco that i wouldnt care about cause , well , its a taco ...

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Between the frequent rains where I live and the gravel roads I’m often driving, I’ve scratched a clean truck off of the list of things I worry about.
I bought some paint protector film for the area in front of the rear wheel wells. Gravel roads cause a lot of chips in that area. There is already a small strip there but this covers a larger area where I've been getting the chips. Also mudflaps front and rear. I cannot stop myself from kicking out the rear end in sport mode on dirt roads, lol.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
And another downside to this truck , when im cruising or in traffic and the ladies be looking over at me with the "oh yeah ! " , im not sure if its me or the truck ? If im getting looks in a taco , then i know they want me for me and are willing to look past my horrible decisions when it comes to truck buying... anyway , SUNS OUT ! its 303 TIME ! ...Dave ?

Reactions: Doc

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, I'm still using the one I bought in the 90's. Seems the dirtier it gets the better it works. :)

Mack, as others have said a good coat of wax is your friend. However, during the pollen season it's a chore to keep one looking good. In my part of North Carolina, and a line of pine trees next to my house, it's a fight everyday. Thankfully pollen season is almost over here.
I have two from the same era...one in my truck and the other in the garage...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Absolutely… I get both aspects. Treat it like a truck and also keep it clean. My OCD and adderall addiction doesn’t allow that to happen. ?
You don't have to cover it up with a wink. We all know you're a tweaker, who else would want to wash their truck daily? Between that and your obsession with Rousch, it's obvious. ;)

Reactions: Doc

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
California Duster. Been using them since the mid 90’s.
‘This,living in Phx Az.,mine rarely gets dirty unless someone is back flushing their pool down the street….
‘So a quick dusting,maybe an area or 2 that require a quick touch up with some Adams waterless wash,and I’m off to the days adventure.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I have a love/ hate relationship with cleaning my truck, I like keeping it clean, but I hate the fact that every time I do clean it, I find new paint chip, found a nice one in my driver's side front door where someone hit me with a door. Hopefully now that I don't have to daily drive it anymore, I can give it a good detail and it will stay clean longer.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I've been a California Duster guy for many, many years now. I can dust it off in the middle of the week and then wash or spray detail it on the weekends. I do keep it waxed up on a regular basis so that helps immensely.

IMG_1487.jpg

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
You don't have to cover it up with a wink. We all know you're a tweaker, who else would want to wash their truck daily? Between that and your obsession with Rousch, it's obvious. ;)
We are all allowed to have an opinion.. (see how I don’t just shout or shut down others) ?
Sponsored