OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
After doing the 2-bucket washing method with Meguiar's or Chemical Guys car wash and drying with a microfiber toweI, always clay bar before waxing but do not do the whole surface. I run my fingers over the whole painted surface and visually inspect it. Clay bar only the areas that need it. Don't want to overdo it. The paint on the Rangers is soft and chips easily. This is probably because the lead has been removed from current paints.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
This is correct but just to add to this when the truck is soapy put your hand in a plastic sandwich baggie and run it over each panel. This way you'll feel the grit in the paint better and it'll slide over the surface easier than just your bare hand.

Also if you use a clay mitt you'll cover a lot more surface than a small bar can. Plus if you drop the mitt on the ground you can just rinse it off and go back to work. With a clay bar it's trash and you need another one. I went into more details here if you're bored and want to read more.
Dave, are you adding plastic sandwich baggies to your list of products to promote? :idea: :bandit: :cool: :crackup:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
??? hahaha. Good one.

by the way saw you were in Delaware.. what area man? My dads mom was from that area !
Hey, Mack, I was born in Fresno, California, grew up in Los Angeles, been to San Diego, and have been living in Wilmington, Delaware for the last thirty years!

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Hey, Mack, I was born in Fresno, California, grew up in Los Angeles, been to San Diego, and have been living in Wilmington, Delaware for the last thirty years!
That’s super creepy. Lol.

Mom from LA. Dad from Pitts. Met in Az. Grandma lived in wilimington for over 20 years.
Sponsored